Anton Corbijn Film (Linear) featuring new music of U2!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm confused. Isn't Winter supposed to be White as snow? WAS will be on the Brothers soundtrack. Maybe the Dutch guy is confusing something here.

Apart from that, great news, cannot wait to see the movie! :up:

But what's that ... U2 ripping off Coldplay? :eyebrow:
I think it was just a guess among a lot of us here that a title referring to "snow" would be "Winter", but that's not necessarily the case.

Pardon my ignorance, but is this true? 90 minutes??

I can't see a file that large being available for download. Can this be confirmed??

If it is true, then :drool::drool::drool:

that has been confirmed by the main actor in this movie - you find this interview in this thread here

@Popmartijn

Great!!!!! :applaud:
Is there even more information in the article?

I'm confused. Isn't Winter supposed to be White as snow? WAS will be on the Brothers soundtrack. Maybe the Dutch guy is confusing something here.

Wasn't Winter going to be on the Brothers soundtrack? :scratch:
And I don't think he was confused, as he just heard White As Snow shortly before (describing it as poetic).

But what's that ... U2 ripping off Coldplay? :eyebrow:

Nobody's saying that U2 is ripping off Coldplay (if so, this forum would explode :tsk: ). I only translated it as Winter being Coldplay-esque. In his original blog the author was wondering if he was now 'turning the world upside down'.
:)

Still, it proves that even the slightest mention of Coldplay will put many here in a hissy fit. :shrug:

I was joking about the Coldplay thing. :wink:

I thought WAS would be on the Brothers soundtrack, wasn't that already confirmed? But the thought of Winter being a totally separate song makes me happy, especially since we'll be hearing that song as well.

Is there even more information in the article?

About the movie? Not really. Only that Anton describes it as 'moving pictures' and that the author was really impressed by the movie. It really adds something to the music, according to him.

Yeah, the whole White As Snow = Winter is another perfect example of Interference "telephone". Different lengths, different sounds--I'm not sure how this weak rumor became "fact" around here.

So in some respects we are getting a double album...
And those rumors about "60 songs" were true, and 25 of them will be in our possession in a matter of weeks...Awesome.
Does anyone else think Linear will be quite similar to Passengers?
I feel like most of these 14 tracks will be quite experimental and mostly instrumental (and that isn't really a bad thing at all).

So in some respects we are getting a double album...
And those rumors about "60 songs" were true, and 25 of them will be in our possession in a matter of weeks...Awesome.
Does anyone else think Linear will be quite similar to Passengers?
I feel like most of these 14 tracks will be quite experimental and mostly instrumental (and that isn't really a bad thing at all).

uhm....25? Linear contains the smae songs as the album (in a different order) PLUS an extra song not on the album itself....

So had anyone figured what this movie will be about?

Anyone got a link?

What version of the album will include this?

I just now briefly googled to see if the movie is ever going to be released independent of the box set, and I can't find any mentions of it other than in articles about the box set. If anyone has any other info, it would be appreciated.

It's not even listed on Corbijn's IMDB page.

someone on U2tour.de posted this trackorder for "Linear":

"01. Unknown Caller
02. Breathe
03. Winter
04. White As Snow
05. No Line On The Horizon
06. Fez-Being Born
07. Magnificent
08. Stand Up Comedy
09. Get On Your Boots
10. Moment Of Surrender
11. Cedars Of Lebanon"

seems that the instrumental pieces will not be mentioned - and: I'll go crazy is not in there. Really have no problem with that :reject:

So had anyone figured what this movie will be about?

popmartijn has translated this text (a page ago):
"According to Anton, the album tells the stories of five persons (who will meet up at one time). He took one of those persons, an African police agent wanting to go home, as the storyline for his movie."

someone on U2tour.de posted this trackorder for "Linear":

"01. Unknown Caller
02. Breathe
03. Winter
04. White As Snow
05. No Line On The Horizon
06. Fez-Being Born
07. Magnificent
08. Stand Up Comedy
09. Get On Your Boots
10. Moment Of Surrender
11. Cedars Of Lebanon"

seems that the instrumental pieces will not be mentioned - and: I'll go crazy is not in there. Really have no problem with that :reject:

popmartijn has translated this text (a page ago):
"According to Anton, the album tells the stories of five persons (who will meet up at one time). He took one of those persons, an African police agent wanting to go home, as the storyline for his movie."

Yeah--If you think about it for a minute, the absence of CT from the movie might say a lot about whether or not it really fits on the album.

It'll be cool to have an alternate tracklist of sorts to compare to the official one.

And I really hope we get some of those instrumental tracks (although if they were to save those for the "meditative" album, I wouldn't be unhappy either).

does anyone know what rating this movie is?
will it have swearing or fighting or love making scenes?

i can not watch it unless it is PG or lower.

Good question--I haven't heard anything, but I assume it will be no greater than the equivalent of PG-13. U2 wouldn't put out something that was R-rated because it would limit their audience too much. I think you can count out swearing and sex and any extreme violence, but there will likely be some more emotionally "adult" scenes. But then again, it is Corbijn and his Electrical Storm video was a bit racy.

Good question--I haven't heard anything, but I assume it will be no greater than the equivalent of PG-13. U2 wouldn't put out something that was R-rated because it would limit their audience too much. I think you can count out swearing and sex and any extreme violence, but there will likely be some more emotionally "adult" scenes. But then again, it is Corbijn and his Electrical Storm video was a bit racy.
Exactly. Besides, this comes with copies of NLOTH. Since NLOTH (obviously) has no parental advisory sticker, kids could easily buy the copies with Linear, and if Linear were R-rated...well, Universal could have some legal trouble on their hands.
So I'd guess somewhere around PG-13 as well.

Yeah--If you think about it for a minute, the absence of CT from the movie might say a lot about whether or not it really fits on the album.

It'll be cool to have an alternate tracklist of sorts to compare to the official one.

And I really hope we get some of those instrumental tracks (although if they were to save those for the "meditative" album, I wouldn't be unhappy either).

14 tracks were first mentioned by the lead actor, right?
so maybe he thought FEZ is a separate song (maybe there's full version of FEZ, or at least a longer edit :drool:)

and a huge :up: if CT is really not in the movie, it's a good song, but it's not a song made for NLOTH :tsk:
must have been some kind of last minute decision to switch Winter for CT :down:

must have been some kind of last minute decision to switch Winter for CT :down:

CT is not in the movie because it may not fit into the movie's story or atmosphere. And we don't know Winter, we don't know if it would be better than CT. Winter was said to be very close to White as snow, and there are already a lot of people complaining about WAS being boring or too slow (it's my favourite song on the album). So Winter could never substitute Crazy Tonight.

I was actually hoping there would be some more songs on the movie that we don't know.

what if the new tracklist is the real one? And we got an old (January version) of the album? Is it possible? Would be great to see CT leave this incredible album!

CT is not in the movie because it may not fit into the movie's story or atmosphere. And we don't know Winter, we don't know if it would be better than CT.

CT feels like it's from a different album, for me.
It is a good song, so yes, it's possible it's better than Winter, but it still doesn't fit on NLOTH, IMO.

BTW, I made a playlist with Linear track order, very good flow :up:

Back
Top Bottom