Anti-Leak Program ( Conspiracy Content )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

icculus

The Fly
Cue XFiles Music. Taking a cue from "In Rainbows" U2 in in the midst of pulling off a devious, and more capitalistic tactic to deal with the slippery slope of high profile album releases.

The album we all have is not NLOTH. As of 3 weeks ago the only sure thing were the track selections. As of 4 days ago what versions ( there are alot ) goto print was TBA. What U2 did last week was a smart, coordinated maneuver to circumvent privacy in this modern age, as well as work in a few days of media review and hardcore fan beta testing.

1) B-Side of first single is a "punk-rock" version of the album title. Created confusion in torrent search

2) 22 second cuts are leaked via a vendor.

3) Full tracks are "accidently" leaked by Austrialian Division.

4) The final tracks might leak a day or so ahead of official release but the publicity and confusion will be monumental. At the same time, some of the more abstract and adventurous work will please some of the more hardcore fans.

Do you guys think Fake Edge played on Fake NLOTH? It would be almost poetic...
Seriously, though, if this is true, I'm keeping the fake album on my iPod and renaming it "Faux Line On The Horizon."
Fake MOS = :drool::drool::drool:

Actually it's not laughable. Was it laughable that one of the biggest and most repected bands in the world gave away their album "for whatever". There are certain tactics that large organizations need to take to get around piracy. Some of them will be totally out of the box.

Look at the disclosures on the vendor sites—some might not be there any more.

Also ppl are forgetting that the major form of distribution isn't even on a flippin' physical object anymore.

Some tracks might be the same. Some might be considerably different. No fake edge, just different edges.

Some tracks might be the same. Some might be considerably different. No fake edge, just different edges.
Honestly, I don't trust us to be beta testers.
INTERFERENCE: "Put Every Breaking Wave on instead of Crazy Tonight!"
UNIVERSAL: "But Every Breaking Wave sucks! Besides, you've never even heard i-"
INTERFERENCE: "PUT THAT SH*T ON THE ALBUM."
UNIVERSAL: "But it's n-"
INTERFERENCE: "NOW."

I actually thought of us.

That would seriously be incredible. I guess the reason why they took two years to make this bitch was because they actually had to make two albums... :lol:

Maybe the 'real' album is filled with poppy Rubin-session songs!

I actually thought of us.

That would seriously be incredible. I guess the reason why they took two years to make this bitch was because they actually had to make two albums... :lol:

Maybe the 'real' album is filled with poppy Rubin-session songs!

This must not happen. If it did, the Interference response would be something like when we found out about Mercy. Times eleven.
:crack:

Disclosure: First, I have no idea if this is true. Second, I do work in the industry and this is just hunch / theory based on forces I see at play in the industry. Did they do this, probably not—but they should. If they did, and executed it perfectly, would benefit U2 Inc enormously as well as followers in the industry. Digital distribution is the key here.

Or, maybe... this leak is actually the new Coldplay album, which they worked on in secret with Eno, and Eno just walked out with the tapes, messed with the vocals to make them sound like Bono's, and leaked it to the internet.

The new album can be YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH let me in the sound YEAH for an hour.

Yeah I guess they fooled RS magazine. They should remove their 5 star rating and try again when they can buy the new version. :doh:

Some people need to listen to MOS and realize that DRUGS ARE BAD FOR YOU. Then they should listen to Running to stand still and Bad as well to hammer home the point.

Or, maybe... this leak is actually the new Coldplay album, which they worked on in secret with Eno, and Eno just walked out with the tapes, messed with the vocals to make them sound like Bono's, and leaked it to the internet.

The new album can be YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH let me in the sound YEAH for an hour.

If that's true, mad props to Coldplay. :hi5:
But what to call it? :hmm:
-"Viva Baby"
-"No X&Y On The Horizon"
-"A Rush Of Sap To The Joshua Tree"

Disclosure: First, I have no idea if this is true. Second, I do work in the industry and this is just hunch / theory based on forces I see at play in the industry. Did they do this, probably not—but they should. If they did, and executed it perfectly, would benefit U2 Inc enormously as well as followers in the industry. Digital distribution is the key here.

:laugh:

// Puts Tin foil Hat on //

1) U2 has been explicitly talking about another album.

2) Force Quit. Move to Trash .... Not only is this a nod to Apple / iTunes, but the robotic delivery is sort of Spinal Tap'ish, silly. I think there is a better version of Unknown Caller around the bend.

//

No Drugs here my friend. MOS is the best song they've mad IMHO.

Why would anyone change a masterpiece at this point? It's ludicrous.

Larry killed the rest of the band. Recorded a new album called Larry Mullen Band, Vol. I. Leaked NLOTH and is intending to release this on NLOTH's date.

All of this is true. I have obtained a copy of the real album. All of the real tracks sound exactly like the leaked versions, except that Edge plays the same parts on banjo instead of guitar. Man those guys are clever. Although I do prefer guitar more than banjo on "Unknown Caller."

// Puts Tin foil Hat on //

1) U2 has been explicitly talking about another album.

2) Force Quit. Move to Trash .... Not only is this a nod to Apple / iTunes, but the robotic delivery is sort of Spinal Tap'ish, silly. I think there is a better version of Unknown Caller around the bend.

Maybe UC was actually created with those fake GarageBand instruments, with Force Quit/Move To Trash being a reference to that, and they're actually laughing at how much we're praising it.

Actually, the new album is several mash-ups between Mercy and Vertigo and Treasure.

All of this is true. I have obtained a copy of the real album. All of the real tracks sound exactly like the leaked versions, except that Edge plays the same parts on banjo instead of guitar. Man those guys are clever. Although I do prefer guitar more than banjo on "Unknown Caller."

Does he send the banjo's signal through Death By Audio pedals?

Hmmm, didn't some people on interference hear the album before it was leaked (via Universal/Industry friends). Couldn't they just tell us if the leaked songs we have are different than the ones they heard?

Unless, of course, they are all in on it....(duh duh duh)

Back
Top Bottom