annnnd the have another producer..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Simple songs for simple people:

71039_24019541628_5462098_n.jpg

I've been curious about something, guys.

Why hasn't the band co-produced or even self-produced a good majority of their material in the past two decades?

Surely Bono could've co-produced tracks like BD, IALW, Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, and ABOY.

Just wondering.

I think on their next album, the band should try their hand at co-producing almost the entire record.

Why hasn't the band co-produced or even self-produced a good majority of their material in the past two decades?

i have actually wondered why this doesn't happen as well... :up:

HBK-79 said:

Surely Bono could've co-produced tracks like BD, IALW, Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, and ABOY.

Just wondering.

I think on their next album, the band should try their hand at co-producing almost the entire record.

What benefit would this bring, other than more money to their pockets?

I don't mean to sound snarky... I'm genuinely curious, but I'm not sure what benefit this would really have.

Just wondering.

I think they like the "outside" input. Sometimes they are too democratic and this way they have a fifth vote to keep things going.

Simple songs can be great songs and complicated songs can be pretentious piles of dog shit.

It's not about simple or experimental. It's about good or not good.

I was referring to The Black eyed Peas "I got a feeling". That is a horrible song...FACT! :wink:

EDIT: Oh and I forgot:

will.i.am stole U2's I'll Go Crazy Chords for I Gotta Feeling

"Every artist is a cannibal. Every poet is a thief. All kill their inspiration and sing about the grief." :mac:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
It's not about simple or experimental. It's about good or not good.

The most sense spoken here in years. Who cares how, when, where or what went into making a song, as long as it's good.

Case in point in this ludicrous modern obsession with 'authenticity' is Lana Del Ray. Who cares where she came from or how packaged her image is, listen to that voice and those songs.

We'll either like the new U2 record or we won't, and we all almost certainly won't agree either way.

What benefit would this bring, other than more money to their pockets?

I'd figure that the band would like to go "that extra mile" and become more hands-on in the actual studio production. That's all.

Case in point in this ludicrous modern obsession with 'authenticity' is Lana Del Ray. Who cares where she came from or how packaged her image is, listen to that voice and those songs.

I wish the general public would have that same mentality regarding mainstream artists.:shifty:

HBK-79 said:
I'd figure that the band would like to go "that extra mile" and become more hands-on in the actual studio production. That's all.

Hmm, that is indeed possible. It would all depend on where they wanted to take it, I suppose.

I think you're missing his/the point, though.

His point is out of context with what I was making fun of. As long as simple isn't stupid then yes it can be great. If the public is so dumbed down that they can't handle Breathe, MOS, and Magnificent then we can see where this is going. Hits are only made when a large section of the public can find something they like and then they raise up the artist afterwards with sales and awards. I don't think any songs on NLOTH could do that despite it being musically beautiful and interesting for myself and many hardcore U2 fans.

If the goal is to make music that sells well with most of the public (especially the youth who might also buy old records and anticipate future albums) then what Steve Lillywhite said still stands. You have to make an atmosphere the audience whats to be in. If NLOTH is not that then the band will some how have to channel some kind of zeitgeist that gets Pitchfork indie fans and Rolling Stone fans to be happy at the same time. Now that's a challenge. It must be nerve-wracking being U2. All the expectations.

Of course it would've helped if Magnificent had the this guitar solo instead:

U2 - Making of "No Line on the Horizon" (II) - YouTube

Don't screw around with a good thing. :D

I'm just thrilled there is something, ANYTHING, in the news about U2 working on a new album. We should hold off on any and all judgements until the its completed and in "the stores". Then, feel free to praise or bash.:wave:

i just threw up after seeing all of the Black Eyed Peas & Sara Bareilles in this thread.

Please God, give us something new and soon. I cannot continue to throw up forever.

You realize I was being sarcastic, right?

There's about as much similarity between Wild Horses and I Gotta Feeling as there is Love Song and I Gotta Feeling

Sorry, I don't read sarcasm too well on the internet.:reject:

Back
Top Bottom