American Soul.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What's with these random posters with really low post counts suddenly coming out of the woodwork to accuse people of being U2 haters on the basis of disliking a small handful of songs anyway. Good job not participating but slagging off those who do.

It's so specious and disingenuous. But hey if you can't cope unless your opinion is shared by everybody else on an Internet forum, can I just take this moment to say that literally everything you've ever liked sucks?

So sorry that I didn't posted 150.000 times on a forum!! I have also some other obligations in life like work, children and wife. But even though I think the responses from the squatters on this forum are an amusing and fun read: l Another U2 forum was closed because of the constant stream of negativity from the squatters. What on earth would you do with yourself if this forum is closed too?

This band is not short on cash or recording budget yet the final production and mixing sounds like complete shit.

Stop arguing a position and then crying semantics.

And you are incorrect. Semantics.

And what a terrible opinion.

The nuance here is that the position IS semantics. That the definition of a single has greatly broadened and to try to pluck a specific distribution strategy and call that “a single” from amongst all these modern mediums is fruitless. The point is that bands distinguish certain songs from the album collective. This conversation too is fruitless as now you’re just making internet arguments about truth claims and crying and talking in circles.

The nuance here is that the position IS semantics. That the definition of a single has greatly broadened and to try to pluck a specific distribution strategy and call that “a single” from amongst all these modern mediums is fruitless. The point is that bands distinguish certain songs from the album collective. This conversation too is fruitless as now you’re just making internet arguments about truth claims and crying and talking in circles.

The real question is whether you are going to say something new?

So sorry that I didn't posted 150.000 times on a forum!! I have also some other obligations in life like work, children and wife. But even though I think the responses from the squatters on this forum are an amusing and fun read: l Another U2 forum was closed because of the constant stream of negativity from the squatters. What on earth would you do with yourself if this forum is closed too?

Ah this pissing contest again. I wasn't pointing it out in comparison to my ridiculous post count (the cause of which I've explained many times before), but that it's a bit hypocritical to slag off the contributions of others when you haven't contributed to the forum's discussions - except to pop up and criticise everybody else.

If you think this forum is relentlessly negative, I really don't know how you cope with the Internet. This place is pretty tame.

Oh, and by the way, I also have a job, and I wonder if you can match the three books I've published? Shitposting on here sure hasn't stopped me from probably doing more with my life than you have.

That forum closed because of evangelicals too scared of the word dick - all sorts of fuckery is tolerated here - cunts like Axver are the lifeblood of a forum like this, and having a go at his enormous post count is just silly.

''Oh, and by the way, I also have a job, and I wonder if you can match the three books I've published? Shitposting on here sure hasn't stopped me from probably doing more with my life than you have''

If you give me the book titles I am more then happy to take a look at them. Must be an absolutely lovely and positive read.

"Shitposting on here sure hasn't stopped me from probably doing more with my life than you have''

A little bit salty but otherwise I am sure you are a wonderful and productive member of our society. Now if you don't mind I am going to make a nice cup of tea.

''Oh, and by the way, I also have a job, and I wonder if you can match the three books I've published? Shitposting on here sure hasn't stopped me from probably doing more with my life than you have''

If you give me the book titles I am more then happy to take a look at them. Must be an absolutely lovely and positive read.

"Shitposting on here sure hasn't stopped me from probably doing more with my life than you have''

A little bit salty but otherwise I am sure you are a wonderful and productive member of our society. Now if you don't mind I am going to make a nice cup of tea.

Umm - is this post trying to deny the claim the Ax has written books?

I wouldn’t ask for the titles mate - you may not understand them

If you fancy some reading on New Zealand's political history or Australian higher education policy, my books will be right up your alley. If not, perhaps you should stick with your cup of tea.

If you fancy some reading on New Zealand's political history or Australian higher education policy, my books will be right up your alley. If not, perhaps you should stick with your cup of tea.

No, I would seriously like to have the titles of your books please. If they are only half as fascinating to me as the people who have made their home on this forum I would love to read them.

So I know a lot of people here don't want to read this but let me be the first to put it out there:

There is a pretty good chance that American Soul is going to be the show opener(at least for US shows).

Blackout would be better but they might make that an encore opener and put a song like American Soul as the show opener.

Start playing the full Kendrick speech(starting with GOOYOW that leads into American Soul) and then kick the show off.....

Then you can go get your Refu-Jesus shirt at the concession stand.

No, I would seriously like to have the titles of your books please. If they are only half as fascinating to me as the people who have made their home on this forum I would love to read them.

What I've done and what works for me is to not read some people's posts after a quick skim. Not because they disagree with me, but because they usually don't have anything positive to say about anything; therefore they add nothing to the conversation.

What I've done and what works for me is to not read some people's posts after a quick skim. Not because they disagree with me, but because they usually don't have anything positive to say about anything; therefore they add nothing to the conversation.

Hopefully, you can see the irony in that your post was nothing but negative.

I agree. No reason to shoehorn Volcano into the song.

Maybe they were going for a Radiohead Kid A/Amnesiac Morning Bell thing?

And we've heard 5 of the new songs.

I think Cor is talking about the four official songs released that we heard. The little things we only heard live. The album version while I am sure is obviously going to be very similar might still be a bit different than the album version.

Back
Top Bottom