American Soul.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. I'm sorry, but if you can't see how most of that is laughable garbage, then I can't help you.

The only laughable garbage here is your posts and your desperate crusade to defend U2 against even the faintest slight. They'll get along just fine without you as an Internet bodyguard, I promise you.

Haywa, I know this is unsolicited but I think you’d enjoy this place if you didn’t take every criticism of U2 or praise of someone non-U2 so personally.

That’s just going to stress you out. And at the end of the day, who cares? You enjoy it, most in here enjoy it, so why not just bask in that?

Not everyone needs to like the color red, or understand Seinfeld, speak your language, share your religion, enjoy pizza, or like every U2 song.

It doesn’t always have to be about hate or personal attacks.

I don't even know why you're bothering. Just ignore.

Either this person is a troll or a narrow-minded (possibly racist) fool.

The only laughable garbage here is your posts and your desperate crusade to defend U2 against even the faintest slight. They'll get along just fine without you as an Internet bodyguard, I promise you.

Actually, I don't mind reasonable criticism of the band or the songs at all. You've entirely missed the point, sorry to say.

I don't even know why you're bothering. Just ignore.

Either this person is a troll or a narrow-minded (possibly racist) fool.

Wow, throwing out the "racist" label now, are we? Boy you guys REALLY hate when someone doesn't fall in line with your groupthink, don't you?

Actually, I don't mind reasonable criticism of the band or the songs at all. You've entirely missed the point, sorry to say.

Ooh boy, Haywa1979 has logged on again.

And is wrong again.

Fun times.

At this point I don’t think it’s much of a stretch to say that Haywa is about as useless as a marzipan dildo. Absolutely no point in engaging with him.

After trying to reason with with him I quickly discovered I’d rather contract type 2 diabetes

Haywa appears to be on a crusade to prove that this forum is toxic, and the 'other' recently deceased forum can therefore maintain the moral highground over the decision to shut.
Or, he's just a cunt.

Very easy to prove toxicity when you're the most toxic thing on the forum.

I just want to know whose alter it is.

Apologies cori et al. I really don't have a more appropriate word at this moment for someone trying to sabotage what is likely the last full commercial album release cycle this site will enjoy

Very easy to prove toxicity when you're the most toxic thing on the forum.

I just want to know whose alter it is.

There are various Salome herbs and... do I detect a few U2girl circa 2004 spices in the blender too? Whatever it is, it is absolutely delicious.

Apologies cori et al. I really don't have a more appropriate word at this moment for someone trying to sabotage what is likely the last full commercial album release cycle this site will enjoy

On that note, Im not sure why but Im surprised how little conversation the new tracks have provided. Is it as a result of people being less enthusiastic about new u2 music these days or do you think people are moresegmented with their social media that it’s spread out across more platforms than, say, a decade ago?

On that note, Im not sure why but Im surprised how little conversation the new tracks have provided. Is it as a result of people being less enthusiastic about new u2 music these days or do you think people are moresegmented with their social media that it’s spread out across more platforms than, say, a decade ago?

I was going to discuss this in another thread. There doesn't seem to be much buzz around this album.

Not sure what you guys mean - the forum's been more active the last few days than it has been for years.

Definitely some of it is social media fragmentation, and the demise of messageboards in favour of newer platforms. And some of it could be a lack of enthusiasm maybe.

I think people are less enthusiastic about the new stuff after hearing these new songs. If they were great, we'd all be talking about them.

It's pretty obvious that with the extreme opinions on either side, the lyric-snobbery and the criticism-intolerance, that this is 1) a song that gets people scratching their heads and, 2) it's a time in interference when tempered discussion is not on the cards. So, I'll be enjoying the new songs and make like I don't really have a be-all and end-all opinion on these songs (my analrapist told me to make believe that I am not god), and get back to you crazies later about the ASS (the American Soul Song).

And I don't think Interference is as polarised now as it was in the early 2000s with the ATYCLB vs Pop arguments. Those were massive.

I'm sure Haywa can tell us about how militantly unreasonable I was on Interference in 1978 when The Hype changed to that shitty name U2.

You can blame social media for that. Back in the early 2000's, there wasn't Facebook, Reddit, or Twitter. That's just the reality now.

I think people are less enthusiastic about the new stuff after hearing these new songs. If they were great, we'd all be talking about them.

I think the songs they're releasing are the ones they think have the best chance of gaining public favor. With all the tracks on SOE, there are bound to be a couple of gems (there always are).

Come to think of it, IMO, this would be the first U2 album that didn't (if it doesn't).

That made sense. Didn't it? Or does it? Did it?

I think it did. I did, at least.

Does you?

As a general rule, it's best to avoid people who keep saying they're sorry.

That means they're sorry.

Last edited:
I was going to discuss this in another thread. There doesn't seem to be much buzz around this album.

There actually seems to be quite a lot of buzz about the album out there (maybe not as much here). TBT has performed better than any U2 single since the post-Vertigo Bomb singles. And this month is going to see a lot of promotion around SOE and the new songs.

ll-cool-j+gold+chain.jpg
cac37793af316745a1957987c493c1fb.jpg
img-thing

Why are you posting up pics and album covers of these non-artists? :tsk:

Fuck is wrong with you?

:wink:

Ok just listened and 2 thoughts:

Does anyone else thing the song sounds like Bono's cover of Children of the Revolution?

Also the song is ok - not great but certainly not as bad as it has been made out to be. For me its no where near as bad as SUC.

There are some cool aspects of this song, but my early impression is that it’s not as good as Volcano, which was already one of my least favorite songs on the last album. Although, the You and I are Rock ‘N Roll line does work better in this song.

I think Kendrick Lamar used a snippet of this song better than U2 used it themselves.

Back
Top Bottom