Amazon.com Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

Rock n' Roll Doggie
So far looking at the US Amazon site it looks like the reviews there are mixed, people either hate this album or love it and so far it looks on there that there is more hate then love.

Is this a sign that people generally want instant gratification? Or are these people writting the reviews too old to have an open mind to experimentation?

I am interested to see what age groups like this album best and which age groups dont like this album. I expected some resistance to this album because it is very densely formed but some of these reviews make me wonder why some of these people were U2 fans in the first place...Maybe because it was the cool "in" thing to be.

Any opinions, maybe some of you can go write a positive review it appears the album will need all the positive spin it can get.

Do you think today's ADD kids care about a whole album experience? I think the idea of an album is dead. If something like The Joshua Tree were released today, it would tank.

Everywhere else is fair game, but Amazon is pointless. Last time, most of the negative reviews were from people that didn't even listen to the album...just annoyed because they had to see the "Vertigo" commercials pop up whenever they watched Wife Swap. :doh:

I think that has something to do with it yes, people with very short attention spans :)

Achtung wasnt actually adored right from the start it built its reputation up over time and really hit stride when One came out as a single...todays world is a different animal though :)

Why only 1 review on Amazon.com???

I just went to Amazon.com and to "No Line On The Horizon" - U2. Why is there only 1 review (and kinda shitty at that)??? Is it because the album isn't officially out yet? But if that's the case then how did the one guy get to review it? Maybe it's time for some Interferencer's to start the calvacade of reviews. Anyone?

I feel I can't really do it because I've only heard the album twice.

So far looking at the US Amazon site it looks like the reviews there are mixed, people either hate this album or love it and so far it looks on there that there is more hate then love.

Is this a sign that people generally want instant gratification? Or are these people writting the reviews too old to have an open mind to experimentation?

I am interested to see what age groups like this album best and which age groups dont like this album. I expected some resistance to this album because it is very densely formed but some of these reviews make me wonder why some of these people were U2 fans in the first place...Maybe because it was the cool "in" thing to be.

Any opinions, maybe some of you can go write a positive review it appears the album will need all the positive spin it can get.

U2 hasnt been the 'in' thing in about a decade and a half

Back
Top Bottom