All signs point to a classic U2 album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If some of the lyrics you are quoting were written in the 90s and used on AB or Zooropa, you'll love them. I believe there isn't much difference between Bono's lyrics back then and now. They aren't anymore bland or bad than they were in 1991, the difference is just that 1991 is considered cool while 2000's U2 is considered bad by many here. You could as well argue that McPhisto and The Fly were stupid and embarrassing characters and that The Fly was full of bland Calendar verses. Personally, there are lyrics from every U2 album I like and dislike. I don't dislike them because they were written in a certain era but because they may not appeal to me that much.

If some of the lyrics you are quoting were written in the 90s and used on AB or Zooropa, you'll love them. I believe there isn't much difference between Bono's lyrics back then and now. They aren't anymore bland or bad than they were in 1991, the difference is just that 1991 is considered cool while 2000's U2 is considered bad by many here. You could as well argue that McPhisto and The Fly were stupid and embarrassing characters and that The Fly was full of bland Calendar verses. Personally, there are lyrics from every U2 album I like and dislike. I don't dislike them because they were written in a certain era but because they may not appeal to me that much.

While you may like and even prefer many of Bono's 2000s lyrics, I don't think you can honestly say that there isn't much difference between them now. Even he thinks his lyrics are different (and stronger).

I think for every amazing lyric that Bono wrote in the 80's, 90's, or 00's there are equally cringe worthy ones in each era.

The fact is that he definitely has a certain style to his lyrics regardless of the album or the era. Its a style thats evolved over the years. Thats why I can't wait to see what he did on this album with the whole "third person" thing.

are you talking bout the old profile name?

Yup...Sicy hooked me up and put the two profiles together. I hated the ps333 thing anyway.

I didn't mean that, I meant you'd be keeping with the old if you are not trying something new.

Whatever that means. :wink:

Ha!:lol:

no, none today. I actually didn't have anything...but if I did it might be a martini or something.

I must add that I didn't notice that it was you when I saw you posting until it said aka ps333, I thought just some guy who's just joined in the hype. :wink:

Yah...well the last time I tried something NEW I ended up falling off the bed and she laughed at me for days.

sore subject in MY house. :wink:

se PS, the thing I lvoe about you're posts are the (possibly) unintended humour.

The kicker in this post is the word sore.... love it! :wave:

se PS, the thing I lvoe about you're posts are the (possibly) unintended humour.

The kicker in this post is the word sore.... love it! :wave:

The thing is that sometimes I try to be funny and it fails, but its the times when I'm just thinking out loud and shit just comes out that seems to resonate with others. I guess I'll just have to let it all out and let you guys deal with the craziness thats stuck in my head. :D

Yeah, that's like me, when I try to be funny I fail. But as stupid as I am I end up doing something stupid and incredibly funny, if I had a video to prove I would show it but you just can't have cameras at every stupid moment I create. :D

Yeah, that's like me, when I try to be funny I fail. But as stupid as I am I end up doing something stupid and incredibly funny, if I had a video to prove I would show it but you just can't have cameras at every stupid moment I create. :D

Yeah my stupid antics and down right stupidity are much funnier in person.

Remind me to tell you the time I nearly took out a drive thru ordering screen with my car. All I can say is that they make those corners too sharp to navigate. At least it was easier to hear the order taker with the speaker half way in my car.

I could tell you some of my stupid moments but I doubt anyone would wanna hear them... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom