All critical, "professional" reviews of SOI here, Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally Posted by xaviMF22 View Post
Who is U2?

That's the greatest thing I've ever seen

:lol: Priceless

Seriously, this is the most badass thing that U2 have done in years. I mean, what's more rock 'n roll than, "we are going to insert ourselves into your life without permission, and you'll need a special tool to remove us." :lol:

Seriously, this is the most badass thing that U2 have done in years. I mean, what's more rock 'n roll than, "we are going to insert ourselves into your life without permission, and you'll need a special tool to remove us." :lol:

:lmao: :up:

If you’re one of the oppressed millions who got something for free they didn’t want, something you could easily delete but just don’t want to risk throwing out your back or spontaneously combusting by deleting it normally, you can use the tool by clicking here. After that you should find a mirror and acquaint yourself the biggest loser to ever stand upright. Then punch yourself in the face. Repeatedly.

:applaud:

This is a tweet from one of radio city's djs here in Liverpool, bearing in mind this is a station that usually just sticks to the "in crowd"

@rossie7dj: Love U2's new song nice tribute to the Legend that was and still is Joey Ramone x

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

From the Time review:

9.“Sleep Like a Baby Tonight” — The standout track. At many points on the album the music stands in deliberately jaunty counterpoint to darker lyrics. Here the mood of both is ambiguous; in what you could hear as a song about a relationship with a woman or an opiate.

??? I mean the meaning seems pretty straightforward to me and it aint a relationship with a woman.

LOL

Songs of Innocence—which I finally heard in its entirety yesterday without Bono’s distracting presence

But then she gets down to business:

"So the album packs an emotional punch, not so much the flame-waving uplift of U2’s stadium crowd-pleasers, but something more complex and sometimes uncomfortable but always compelling.... Yet the end effect is startling, different—and very, very good."

And no real criticism of any of the tracks, plus singles out SLABT as "the standout track" which is the truth as I see it.

Uh, I think that was a quote from Daily Caller which really isn't an album review but it's still from an article.

Noted. And maybe learning how to use the quote function is in order, you know, for the few people who don't read the Daily Caller. :)

And yeah, and break from whining about the forced download whiners would be nice.

If you’re one of the oppressed millions who got something for free they didn’t want, something you could easily delete but just don’t want to risk throwing out your back or spontaneously combusting by deleting it normally, you can use the tool by clicking here. After that you should find a mirror and acquaint yourself the biggest loser to ever stand upright. Then punch yourself in the face. Repeatedly.

:applaud:
Lol

Does anyone have the Oseary statement that was published today about that ridiculous Apple removal tool? I cannot seem to find it, I only find the Rolling Stone article that was updated with the download numbers and a short statement from Oseary. Thing is, I read about a comment he made about people not giving U2 a chance because they don't take enough time to "get" the band. Now I don't know where or when or even IF he said that, but in the translation I read it sounds very awkward and arrogant - at least they're making it sound like that. I'd like to read the original statement. If someone has a link, please post. Thanks.

Does anyone have the Oseary statement that was published today about that ridiculous Apple removal tool? I cannot seem to find it, I only find the Rolling Stone article that was updated with the download numbers and a short statement from Oseary. Thing is, I read about a comment he made about people not giving U2 a chance because they don't take enough time to "get" the band. Now I don't know where or when or even IF he said that, but in the translation I read it sounds very awkward and arrogant - at least they're making it sound like that. I'd like to read the original statement. If someone has a link, please post. Thanks.
He made a statement? I would love to see that.

Is this it? Although this was before today I think:

"It’s a gift from Apple," Oseary said. "If someone doesn’t like the gift, they should delete it. ... There are people who are going to be thrilled to get a gift. There are people who are not going to care to have this gift. We knew all of that going in. No surprises here. If someone doesn’t like it, then great, that’s OK, delete it. ... We just want to share it with as many people as possible. If you don’t want it and you don’t need it, delete it."

Is this it? Although this was before today I think:

"It’s a gift from Apple," Oseary said. "If someone doesn’t like the gift, they should delete it. ... There are people who are going to be thrilled to get a gift. There are people who are not going to care to have this gift. We knew all of that going in. No surprises here. If someone doesn’t like it, then great, that’s OK, delete it. ... We just want to share it with as many people as possible. If you don’t want it and you don’t need it, delete it."

This was from the end of last week

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

I haven't heard miracle once here in the uk. Not on bbc radio 2 or absolute radio which are all over U2 normally. No advert here either.

It's not on the BBC 1 (Sam Smith, Coldplay, Calvin Harris etc) or BBC 6 (Alt-J, Aphex Twin, Kele, Prince etc) playlists, but it is on BBC 2, alongside the new Bryan Adams and Barbra Streisand/Michael Buble numbers.

It's not on the BBC 1 (Sam Smith, Coldplay, Calvin Harris etc) or BBC 6 (Alt-J, Aphex Twin, Kele, Prince etc) playlists, but it is on BBC 2, alongside the new Bryan Adams and Barbra Streisand/Michael Buble numbers.

I've had radio 2 on for 3 full days since the album came out now (well working day 7.30-3.30) and I haven't heard it once. I must keep missing it :-(

Radio 6 hates U2, it has small listening figures so U2 aren't cool enough for them.

U2 will never be played on radio 1 again. All though zane Lowe did play invisible, any idea if he has played any of the new tracks?Zane Lowe loves U2.

"All of the supposed angst over this new release was way overblown. It sounds like a pretty solid record to me," Bob Waugh, PD of adult alternative WRNR Baltimore, says of Songs. "What’s that saying? 'Once a name, always a threat.' Until proven otherwise, U2 is still U2." WRNR played "Miracle" 21 times in the week ending Sept. 14.

This was a great quote from that article... once a name... always a threat! - awesome line.

"All of the supposed angst over this new release was way overblown. It sounds like a pretty solid record to me," Bob Waugh, PD of adult alternative WRNR Baltimore, says of Songs. "What’s that saying? 'Once a name, always a threat.' Until proven otherwise, U2 is still U2." WRNR played "Miracle" 21 times in the week ending Sept. 14.

This was a great quote from that article... once a name... always a threat! - awesome line.

Love WRNR and Bob Waugh. They have always been in support of great music, and play U2 a lot, even in the slow times.

Back
Top Bottom