Album released to Radio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NLOTH every hour on 107.1 the peak

This NY radio station is playing all the songs from NLOTH every hour on the hour today.

Magnificent sounded just that on the radio! :D

FM 96 in London just played White As Snow... right before she played, the dj said "and here's the new SINGLE from U2" After the song though she just said it was on the disc, no mention of it being a single. I'm sure she misspoke. Not a bad song but would be the worst second single IMO

This NY radio station is playing all the songs from NLOTH every hour on the hour today.

Magnificent sounded just that on the radio! :D

I'd love to have a city that actually gave a shit about U2.

I think I heard U2 on Detroit radio MAYBE twice?

I doubt I'll be hearing anything off the new album on my drive home.

Is this normal? Do local stations usually do this with albums (play the entire record) or do they stick with only the official single? Just trying to put it in context to understand if this means anything above and beyond business as usual.

BTW, I'm not a big radio listener :D

Is this normal? Do local stations usually do this with albums (play the entire record) or do they stick with only the official single? Just trying to put it in context to understand if this means anything above and beyond business as usual.

On album release day usually anticipated albums are played heavily on Edge 102.1 over here. In fact, thats how I knew the new Coldplay album came out, they were playing every track off the album just as I was pulling into Best Buy (for another reason). Picked up VLV on my way out. Its a great way to promote the album.

My local radio station 92 ZEW will play a new album on occasion.
They are playing NLOTH on the 5 oclock road block and then a song every hour - all weekend long..:hyper::hyper:

They are streaming it on line, as well: 92WZEW.

The Sound in LA 100.3 again: (www.thesoundla.com). The DJ mis-announced it without the word 'Tonight'.

1:08 - I'll Go Crazy If I Dont Go Crazy Tonight by U2
1:05 - Let My Love Open The Door by Pete Townshend
1:01 - Could You Be Loved by Bob Marley & The Wailers
12:58 - Take It Easy by Eagles
12:54 - Don't Stand So Close by Police
12:49 - Give Peace A Chance by John Lennon
12:46 - Good by Better Than Ezra
12:38 - Orphans by Beck
12:35 - Gloria by Them (with Van Morrison)

ETA: After the song she corrected herself about leaving the word 'Tonight' off :up:

FM96 in London, Ontario has played pretty much the whole album today.

http://www.fm96.com/home/Music/PlayList/tabid/460/Default.aspx

Here's there playlist from when they first got it this morning. :lol:

9:02AM U2 - Unknown Caller
8:53AM Van Halen - You Really Got Me
8:52AM Van Halen - Eruption
8:36AM U2 - Moment Of Surrender
8:35AM U2 - Magnificent
8:35AM U2 - No Line On The Horizon
8:19AM Jimi Hendrix - All Along The Watchtower
8:06AM U2 - Magnificent
7:51AM The Tragically Hip - Boots Or Heart
7:38AM U2 - No Line On The Horizon

After that they started spacing it out a bit more, playing a new track once an hour.

I love southern Ontario radio. We get a ton of U2 played around here, even between albums. :up: And Boots is huge here, getting a ton of airplay.

FM96 in London, Ontario has played pretty much the whole album today.

FM 96 Playlist

After that they started spacing it out a bit more, playing a new track once an hour.

I love southern Ontario radio. We get a ton of U2 played around here, even between albums. :up: And Boots is huge here, getting a ton of airplay.

Radio stations that aren't owned by Clear Channel :drool:

Magnificent seems to be getting decent play everywhere, with the positive reaction to it I gotta think its the next single at this point. (not yet though)

that's awesome :lol:

I wanted to be a DJ on my college station so I could infiltrate it with U2, but alas, I didn't get a slot. This summer though, I should.

I'd love to have a city that actually gave a shit about U2.

I think I heard U2 on Detroit radio MAYBE twice?

I doubt I'll be hearing anything off the new album on my drive home.

me too - the only stations that seem to be playing u2 stuff here at the moment are dragging out all the really old stuff . . . I've heard, sbs, nyd, pride, one and streets . . .no GOYB yet :angry:

*disclaimer . . . I am a fan of all the old stuff, but frustrated that in light of a new album coming out they don't seem to have the courtesy to give the new single a whirl*

Sound L.A. 100.3

3:18 - Blinded By The Light by Manfred Mann
3:10 - Stand Up Comedy by U2
3:06 - Talk Of The Town - Live Sound Session by Pretenders
3:03 - You Got Lucky by Tom Petty
2:56 - Sowing The Seeds Of Love by Tears For Fears
2:50 - Comedown by Bush

I was in the car, and wanted to crank it, but my daughter who hasn't heard the album yet didn't want to come in and listen in the middle of the song of the unheard album. She's only heard the first 3 tracks and the single, and just went out to a friend's house. She was trying to hold out for release day, but since it's online streaming and on the radio, she'll be listening. If she's home long enough :madwife: :wink:

Look at this:

6:52 PM "HEY TONIGHT" - CCR
6:49 PM "GET ON YOUR BOOTS" - U2
6:44 PM "FLAKE" - JACK JOHNSON
6:33 PM "COME AROUND" - COUNTING CROWS
6:30 PM "TAKE IT EASY" - JACKSON BROWNE
6:25 PM "THANK YOU, TOO" - MY MORNING JACKET
6:21 PM "LIFE WITHOUT YOU" - STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN/D
6:17 PM "STUCK IN THE MIDDLE WITH YOU" - STEALERS WHEEL
6:13 PM "GASOLINE AND MATCHES" - BUDDY & JULIE MILLER
6:08 PM "FEZ BEING BORN" - U2
5:50 PM "BOOM BOOM" - JOHN LEE HOOKER

Not to mention two or three more plays of Boots, a play of Crazy Tonight, and One thrown in at earlier points in the day.

U2 has officially allowed these stations to do this, right? This is a great way to make up for the fact that "Boots" was not a good first single; now the general public can hear what the rest of the album sounds like. That's a very good thing.

Damn my stations blow. I admit I am not religiously listening, but they played Boots today. :slant:

Back
Top Bottom