Album cover leaked! Not a joke!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread:

imageyrp.jpg

U2's new album:
Squiffy!

bono-drinks-beer.jpg

Bono+and+The+Edge+on+a+yacht+huRHuh6vf3il.jpg

bono+double+fisted+drinks.jpg

BonoScary.jpg

I can't see the horizon
Magnificent bastard
Moment of Surrender
Drinking and dialing
I'll go crazy if I don't go crazy tonight
I can't get on my boots
Legless Comedy! :drunk:
Holy water
Breathe the blow white as snow
Non-alcoholic beers from Lebanon

Personally I think it's disgraceful you all continually harp on Nick. As I've said before, if it wasn't for him and his heroics there wouldn't even BE a U2. Have some god damn respect.

Actually, if you do a quick search of "Hive" on here you'll find that the vast majority of references to it are not by me. And they are often made in threads in parts of this board I don't even post on. I just coined the term here with a throwaway comment...others ran with it. But when I mention it, in any context, it it's a bit like kicking a hornet's nest and some of you tend to go a bit crazy. If others hadn't taken off with the whole Hive thing it would have been long forgotten. God forbid you should just ignore posts you don't like. You should try it sometime, I promise it works wonders. :)

Nice try though, but do try to get your facts straight before you post. You guys are funny.

Haha so true

Actually I have no issue at all when reasonable people disagree with me.

well, you got pretty shitty with me when i offered my differing opinion re. buying tickets on another thread not long ago

and i am a VERY reasonable person :D

Actually I have no issue at all when reasonable people disagree with me.
No, my point is that when reasonable people have disagreed with you, you've just collectively thrown them all into a "Hive," a nice convenient explanation to dismiss most dissension from your thoughts.

No, my point is that when reasonable people have disagreed with you, you've just collectively thrown them all into a "Hive," a nice convenient explanation to dismiss most dissension from your thoughts.

Except of course I never did that. Not once.

(Hint: if you start searching for references to The Hive, you'll quickly discover that the overwhelming majority of the posts are not by me). :)

Except of course I never did that. Not once.

(Hint: if you start searching for references to The Hive, you'll quickly discover that the overwhelming majority of the posts are not by me). :)

Come on Nick. You're acting cowardly here. You were the creator of "The Hive" term here. Why won't you own up to it? Do you not believe in yourself? Do you regret saying it?

Come on Nick. You're acting cowardly here. You were the creator of "The Hive" term here. Why won't you own up to it? Do you not believe in yourself? Do you regret saying it?

I never said I didn't coin the term (as it's used here)...but I never used it to dismiss any individuals specific opinion. And, as is very clear, it's not me who perpetuated the meme. I made a throwaway comment about a Hive mind or some such thing, and others ran with it. Anyone who has engaged with me intelligently and sincerely on here has found that I've replied in kind. And what about some of the personal insults you've thrown my way recently...have I ever directed anything like that towards you? Ever?

And Come on Mikal, first you said this:

:up:

It's funny that you mention this because it's really one person that brings it up over and over.

Then when I pointed out to you, correctly, that quick search will show that the vast majority of the time "The Hive" is mentioned it's by others, not me, and often in threads I'm not even a part of. So you responded with this:

Yeah, but you realize that when anyone other than yourself uses the term "Hive", they're making fun of you right?

So what you're saying is, it's actually others who keep bringing it up "over and over", and for the purpose of "making fun" of me. And I'm supposed to be the one responsible for the perpetuation of this meme?

Is this where you call me a name again?

I never said I didn't coin the term (as it's used here)...but I never used it to dismiss any individuals specific opinion. And, as is very clear, it's not me who perpetuated the meme. I made a throwaway comment about a Hive mind or some such thing, and others ran with it. Anyone who has engaged with me intelligently and sincerely on here has found that I've replied in kind.

And Come On Mikal, first you said this:

Then when I pointed out to you, correctly, that quick search will show that the vast majority of the time "The Hive" is mentioned it's by others, not me, and often in threads I'm not even a part of. So you responded with this:

So what you're saying is, it's actually others who keep bringing it up "over and over", and for the purpose of "making fun" of me. And I'm supposed to be the one responsible for the perpetuation of this meme?

Is this where you call me a name again?

Nick, you can quote my posts all you want and try to shift responsibility, but the fact of the matter is that you're the only one who can be responsible for how you're percieved. You originated the term "The Hive" and you've used it conveniently time and time again to generalize a group of people who's opinion differs from your own. It was such a rediculous comment that yes, other people poke fun of it quite often.

I'm going to give you some serious Blue Crack advice here Nick. I once not long ago made a comment that was taken the wrong way and blew up into something much bigger than it should have. It also was brought up over and over to the point where I took a vacation from this place. When it got to the boiling point, I directly addressed the comment I made, apologized and owned up to it and now it has not once been brought up since that day.

If you have any interest in improving your perception or building relationships here other than the duck and dodge act you may be feeling, owning up may be in your best interest.

Nick, you can quote my posts all you want and try to shift responsibility, but the fact of the matter is that you're the only one who can be responsible for how you're percieved. You originated the term "The Hive" and you've used it conveniently time and time again to generalize a group of people who's opinion differs from your own. It was such a rediculous comment that yes, other people poke fun of it quite often.

I'm going to give you some serious Blue Crack advice here Nick. I once not long ago made a comment that was taken the wrong way and blew up into something much bigger than it should have. It also was brought up over and over to the point where I took a vacation from this place. When it got to the boiling point, I directly addressed the comment I made, apologized and owned up to it and now it has not once been brought up since that day.

If you have any interest in improving your perception or building relationships here other than the duck and dodge act you may be feeling, owning up may be in your best interest.

Well, thank you for the advice. But people "poking fun" at me about the Hive doesn't bother me in the least bit, I invented the term here after all I can take it. Same goes for the Larry meme...I laugh when I read all the comments, and don't take any of it personally. The only people who seem to have a problem with the Hive meme, or the Larry thing (which I haven't mentioned for what, a year, and it's still popular), are the ones who take it all too seriously. My advice, to those people, would be to simply ignore it. :)

The adolescent name calling is another thing, but just because I expect more from most U2 fans.

Again, thank you for the advice.

another argument about the hive! haha! who started when? what is the average post count of the hive member for posts regarding the hive? who owns the hive? will the hive be destroyed? what is the hive! haha!

just another day on internet dot com

Back
Top Bottom