After WITS I doubt we'll ever see Mercy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
b. john allen said:
was that the song george bush covered?

This is Mercy- an unreleased track that was edited out of HTDAAB right before it was released- it is the best U2 song in my opinion in years.

I am another I LOVE MERCY candidate, I think it is an undiscovered Gem!

A couple of my freinds don't care for U2 (Heathens) but they LOVE Mercy! Best played ear splittingly loud :drool:

HIGH Quality MP3 of Mercy Without Hiss- download here:
(Take Out Spaces)

h t t p://download.yo usen dit.com/C649E11F0A56E154

This one should work for the next 7 days.

Last edited:
I think they are talking about a public, non iTunes comercial release.

Mercy could be good. It needs a lot of work. It has good lyrics, but is REALLY wordy. Im not thrilled about the instrumentation either. I think it would have more impact if it started mellow and ripped into an Edge interlude later on.

WITS is a fun song, with lyrics that are a bit more serious than they seem (which is the case with a lot of their hit singles) but Mercy is EPIC.

WITS is just plain bad when compared to Mercy. I hope U2 hasn't been making a habit of releasing mediocre songs and holding back great ones.

super fly guy said:
What is all this crap about mercy? I think bono set himself the challenge to say love more times than any over song!
Yeah, it's pretty crappy. :shrug:

It's definitely your individual opinion about Mercy that matters, but even if you don't like it- the song has more followers than non.

It was picked as the number one song that U2 fans wanted to hear live on atu2.com from the results of a poll.

I finally just heard Mercy for the first time a couple of days ago. It's a very good song. It definitely reminds me of a modern day Bad. It's way too good to be held off the next album, isn't it?

In their current form I would pick WITS over MERCY. I love the words to Mercy but musically it is all over the place and just sounds unfinished. It tries to be a powerful song but just sounds lost. The potential though is too big to think about. Man when I can
get to sleep at night I picture myself in the studio with the band and we come up with an absolutely unbelievable wall of sound for the song and well the public are just :drool:. Oh, is that the time.

super fly guy said:
What is all this crap about mercy? I think bono set himself the challenge to say love more times than any over song!

Baby baby baby, baby baby baby, Light my Way!

It is the Bad of this generation, and it's not even officially released, now if only it can be so it can get the live treatment Bad does.

if WITS will prevent Mercy from being released (unless reworked again in unrecognizable fashion) then Windows has all of a sudden become one of my favourite U2 songs :hmm:

I absolutely love Mercy. I think an official release would be well-appreciated, but I don't wanna to spend my time discussing on it. Also I've this brilliant song to listen all the days of my life, that's enough for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom