A positive update from Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somone at @ U2 has mentioned a new article in Irish News' entertainment section online that discusses U2's new album. Paul McG. claims a download will be available before Christmas. You must register at Irish News to read articles. :wink:

I really dig the production of Saints.

If that's any indication of the sound they'll have with Rubin producing, then I'm as happy as a little girl.

dieter.jpg

LemonMacPhisto said:
I really dig the production of Saints.

If that's any indication of the sound they'll have with Rubin producing, then I'm as happy as a little girl.

dieter.jpg

Now we dance! :wink:

it worries me that they're working with Rick. His latest albums have become very sterile and depth-less. Take Weezer's 'Make Believe' and the RHCP's 'Stadium Arcadium'. Both albums are typically modern-day pop/rock albums with very under-whelming, safe and sterile production styles. Made for MTV as they say.

I think this is very bad news for U2. HTDAAB was safe enough, it's time to take some risks again boys.

carrotflowers said:
it worries me that they're working with Rick. His latest albums have become very sterile and depth-less. Take Weezer's 'Make Believe' and the RHCP's 'Stadium Arcadium'. Both albums are typically modern-day pop/rock albums with very under-whelming, safe and sterile production styles. Made for MTV as they say.

I think this is very bad news for U2. HTDAAB was safe enough, it's time to take some risks again boys.

I agree entirely with the King of Carrot Flowers. Rick Rubin is a dreadful, dreadful, dreadful producer. You needn't look further than the two albums already mentioned, but you're more than welcome to. His production has been irrelevant and bland for quite a while, now. He neuters bands, these days...fuck that.

carrotflowers said:

Are you kidding? RHCP's new album is amazing! perhaps one of their better albums! listen to songs like 21st century or torture me and tell me if they are bland!

originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
in the past 2 years he's produced albums/tracks from weezer, audioslave, 2 from system of a down, neil diamond, slayer, dixie chicks, johnny cash, talib kweli, justin timberlake and a double-cd by the red hot chili peppers.

geezus, he gets around!

hmm...jay-z n u2...vertigo/encore...:hmm:

ummm...is there a studio version of The Saints are Coming? Cos I've only been able to download a live version...or do I have to wait for U218?

PS are the beach clips 402 and 404 meant to be longer than 0:12 and 0:21 seconds? cos it says they are about 3.5 MB each, yet mine stop downloading at abotu the 400KB mark.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
if you look at rubin's track record, which can be found on wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Rubin

he has a tendency to work quickly and/or produce multiple records from big name artists in the same year.

Maybe Rubin's tired of this breakneck pace and wants things to come to a screeching halt. By working with U2, he knows he's got a good 2 or more years before he has to really worry. :sexywink:

COBL_04 said:

PS are the beach clips 402 and 404 meant to be longer than 0:12 and 0:21 seconds? cos it says they are about 3.5 MB each, yet mine stop downloading at abotu the 400KB mark.

I think they should indeed be longer than that.

402 is 4:16 and 4 008 kB in size.
404 is 3:53 3 652 kB

At least the ones that I have.
Try downloading them again. ;)

Back
Top Bottom