3rd single from NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I'm kind of hoping we're missing some big piece of information, like this is just the B-side or something.

Or it's a late April Fool's joke ... maybe? :uhoh:

:shifty: I like the "change your heart" part with the synths.

....This remix isn't totally worthless, because it's pretty interesting to hear the song in a down-beat mood. Otherwise, :crack:

I'm not a big fan of remixed stuff from pop/rock artists, whether we're talking about U2 or Kylie Minogue. However, there are several remixes of U2 songs from the 1990's which are very interesting. But this decade, most remixes (except one or two) have been awful, the next is worse and uninteresting than the previous.

I'm not a big fan of remixed stuff from pop/rock artists, whether we're talking about U2 or Kylie Minogue. However, there are several remixes of U2 songs from the 1990's which are very interesting. But this decade, most remixes (except one or two) have been awful, the next is worse and uninteresting than the previous.

I agree, there were a few 90's remixes that I REALLY enjoyed, others that were fine if you heard them at the club, but the 00's remixes have all sucked except there was one Magnificent mix that I liked.

And to be honest one of the worst was Reznor's mix of Vertigo.

Agreed. But I'm not a remix person anyway, there's only a couple I liked. My favourite is Fast Cars(Jacknife Lee).

Curiously, one of the few remixes I liked from this decade was Reznor's "Vertigo". JL's "Fast Cars" and Redanka's "Vertigo" are okay too. Besides that, all the others are boring, bad or uninteresting.

The remix is truly awful and they are idiots if this is the actual single version

why in the heck does anyone actually think that this will be the radio version? i mean, what would have led you to believe that?

Never really liked 'Crazy Tonight', reminds me of ABBA for some reason. But it is growing on me a little and I think will be a hit. Unlike 'Magnificient', it has a big sing along chorus, which will work in it's favour. I assume the radio remix will be addition to the normal version, so radio stations will have an option of which one to play. I quite like the remix, with it's trance/ambient vibe.

No way this is official release to radio.

I have heard Crazy in the supermarket a couple times in the last week and a half, and its not a remix.

oh, and that remix is absolutely atrocious. it won't be played anywhere, other than a club.

why in the heck does anyone actually think that this will be the radio version? i mean, what would have led you to believe that?

Well the only source we have for the single is that website previously posted, which holds the sleeve and it has one tracklisting; only the remix. Though I'm completely sure that it can't be all there's on because U2 doesn't release 1 track singles these days.

But yeah, you can never be sure.

Just as a matter of interest, does anyone thing the US is less receptive to remixes than Europe/RoW?

I think that was the case during the AB/Zoo era, but the Magnificent Remix EP has done relatively well in the U.S., and the Dave Aude Remix is up to #9 on Billboard's Dance Club Top 40...while a prominent DJ magazine pegged that same remix version as the #1 Dance song of June, 2009.

At least with this remix, it looks like it's doing relatively well in the "remix scene", aka clubs, dance magazines, etc, in the U.S. this time around. However, I'm not sure if the remix EP was released everywhere...it's just been sporadically released here and there, w/o any promotion at all that I can find, and it's been just as strange as the overall lack of promotion for NLOTH singles to this point.

The remixes dropped last week in Australia and were doing well. GOYB video, and song, is currently doing very well in Asia...up to #8 on the Asian Radio/Video Play charts this week...with Boom Boom Pow being #1 and Green Day's 1st single dropping behind Boots already.

Maybe there is a method to the madness...rather than U2 camp or website promoting worldwide releases...they have taken a much more regional approach, staggering release dates and song versions/remixes in various countries around the world.

That Giant Step web site says "even more remixes to come" for U2. It appears they're going to go full-out with the dance mixes for this song (although I agree that the official single version will likely be similar to the album mix). Since Magnificent saw its only real chart action here in the US with the dance mixes, perhaps they're trying to repeat the formula for Crazy Tonight.

Look for another bloated, 10-track, US-only "Crazy Tonight Remixes" CD in the near future! :)

That Giant Step web site says "even more remixes to come" for U2. It appears they're going to go full-out with the dance mixes for this song (although I agree that the official single version will likely be similar to the album mix). Since Magnificent saw its only real chart action here in the US with the dance mixes, perhaps they're trying to repeat the formula for Crazy Tonight.

Look for another bloated, 10-track, US-only "Crazy Tonight Remixes" CD in the near future! :)

sounds good. the more the merrier! they could also include the original version of SUC called "For Your Love" and throw in "Boy Falls From The Sky" for good measure. :wink:

My friend Pedro says it has a sick hook.
Uhhh:yuck:. What does sick mean? Is it a positive? I hate being sick that's why I consider 'a sick hook' to be a negative. I was sick all over Boxing Day. Litterally couldn't hold anything down. I hadn't finished drinking me tea and eating a slice of cake before I had to run to the bathroom whilst I was trying to watch Mary Poppins and Julie Andrews burst into song.

believe that the lack of radio success is due to them cutting off the amazing intro and the fact that many radio stations pulled the song due to Bono's comments about musicians getting paid for their songs being played on the radio.

Yes it's very interesting that. I agree with him. Performers get nothing for having their song played on the radio if they haven't written it. It must suck if you're a session singer who's had a huge dancefloor hit but because you haven't written it, you get peanuts. Even though she never wrote it, Kylie made Can't Get You Out Of My Head. Imagine Alannes Morressette singing it, it would've seemed like a completely different song entirely.

No, I still don't hear any big sing-a-long hooks or strong melodies in Magneficent, I just listened to it on Youtube. It lacks the big soaring chorus that Beautiful Day had. Only love is just the start of the chorus, it's not really a hook. BUT I'm getting interested in what the dance remix will sound like. I think dance music is the best form of pop music in the world. What do you guys think Of Paul Oakefold's version of EBTTRT or Beautiful Day? Oakenfold is one of the world's most successful club DJ's. He is responsible for the theme tune to our version of Big Brother which is also awesome. I prefer the remixed version of EBTTRT to the original. I was disapointed when I first listened to AB to hear a kinda average rock version of the song because I only heard the remixed version of the song on the radio. It was the first song that I liked by U2 along with HMTMKMKM. I prefer the first remix of Discotheque that appears on their single to the album version.

Last edited:
god U2 used to do really good remixes...

maybe it's down to the songs themselves??

i think Elevation is a fab song - wipes the floor with Breathe, SUC, Crazy blah blah (in my opinion) (although i think they're alright songs, just not great, but they still better than Coldplay roflmfao ;) )

god U2 used to do really good remixes...

maybe it's down to the songs themselves??

i think Elevation is a fab song - wipes the floor with Breathe, SUC, Crazy blah blah (in my opinion) (although i think they're alright songs, just not great, but they still better than Coldplay roflmfao ;) )

uh.....have you heard the Magnificent remixes....or the GOYB Justice remix? i believe those are the best U2 remixes i've heard since the Discotheque remixes.

as far as Elevation, i would say it's a better song than Crazy and SUC, and about the same level as Breathe.

uh.....have you heard the Magnificent remixes....or the GOYB Justice remix? i believe those are the best U2 remixes i've heard since the Discotheque remixes.

I think they are easily better. Lemon Perfecto being the best although even some parts of it even sound like afterthoughts. Magnificent is a dance song already, so they didn't have to do too much to it..

Back
Top Bottom