3rd single from NLOTH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonos voice for me on the ALBUM is fine, but I agree that it's not fine on the one song IGCIIDGCT. Falsetto sections are ridiculous, he should have done it an octave lower and it would have sounded MUCH better

His falsetto IS back to normal but not on this track.
I disagree. Bono's falsetto used to be very controlled in the 90's. His full voice wasn't as good as it is now, but his falsetto was nice. Now his full voice is much better but his falsetto has become very weak, the ending to WOWY live is evidence of that...

I'm speaking live, for his falsetto made a come back for WITS, so I'm not sure what happened on this track.

Zooropa wasn't as good as Bomb or ATYCLB.
Zooropa had it all some of Bono's best and some of his worse all in one album. It had his best falsettos ever recorded, but then it also had Dirty Day(which the remixes blow this version away).

Vocally Bomb and ATYCLB were Bono in fine form, but I think NLOTH is better.

MOS, NLOTH, WAS, and Magnificent are some of his best vocals in a long time.

WITS falsetto (the chorus) is probably Edge singing as well. Bono should let him take over the falsetto.

He's in fine form on NLOTH, save for those unfortunate squeaks in Crazy tonight.

Question for the more knowledgeable: Is NLOTH 2 (or the album version for that matter) a new key for Bono to sing in ? It sounds like he's a little uncomfortable.

(2) U.S. Promo CD's were made available today :

CD 1

Radio Edit
Single Version

CD 2 (Remixes)

Dirty South Club Mix
Dirty South Radio Mix

also the remixes are available for purchase @ masterbeat.com, along with the Magnificent (Remixes) 14 Track EP

His falsetto IS back to normal but not on this track. Zooropa wasn't as good as Bomb or ATYCLB.

I'm quite sure he was *trying* for falsetto on Crazy. Those squawks sounded like Bono putting on his 'crazy' voice for the song, and as much as I enjoy the tune overall, those moments made me cringe a bit.

I agree about the falsetto, that's the main thing I disliked about CT from the beginning. I think it's a shame it kind of ruins the song. I wasn't "crazy" about Crazy for some time, but it started to grow on me. I still feel it's the weakest song on the album. The one thing I actually like about it is the pure joy it conveys. I always have to think about Bono talking about how difficult it is to convey joy in rock music and I get a really joyous feeling from this tune, also the way he sings it, Edge's playful guitar.

As for the falsetto: I've never been a fan of falsetto singing. Never, by anyone, not only Bono. I didn't like his falsetto back in the 90s and I'm not crazy about it now. I don't get why people want to hear Lemon again. It's a good song, but the falsetto doesn't give my anything. If he cannot handle it, he shouldn't try it, that's my opinion. I like Bono singing in his low register much much more and I want more of that. That's just my personal opinion. With falsetto, I always think of Justin Timberlake :crazy:

Btw, a German TV station is having a contest to win a trip to the U2 Wembley show on 14 August. People should make their own video to CT and Alex Courtez (sp?) will pick the best one. The TV station is advertising this like crazy and keep saying: Win a chance to get up close to U2, when in fact you'll only meet Alex Courtez in Wembley :lol:

I disagree. Bono's falsetto used to be very controlled in the 90's. His full voice wasn't as good as it is now, but his falsetto was nice. Now his full voice is much better but his falsetto has become very weak, the ending to WOWY live is evidence of that...

I'm speaking live, for his falsetto made a come back for WITS, so I'm not sure what happened on this track.

I always write these things down and in another thread someone said that he had the strongest falsetto for years.

WITS falsetto (the chorus) is probably Edge singing as well. Bono should let him take over the falsetto.

I listen to this song on my surround sound TV and I can hear where Bono sings on his own and where the Edge joins in.

I'm quite sure he was *trying* for falsetto on Crazy. Those squawks sounded like Bono putting on his 'crazy' voice for the song, and as much as I enjoy the tune overall, those moments made me cringe a bit.

Probably but I don't like it so much

I agree about the falsetto, that's the main thing I disliked about CT from the beginning. I think it's a shame it kind of ruins the song......

As for the falsetto: I've never been a fan of falsetto singing. Never, by anyone, not only Bono. I didn't like his falsetto back in the 90s and I'm not crazy about it now. I don't get why people want to hear Lemon again. It's a good song, but the falsetto doesn't give my anything. If he cannot handle it, he shouldn't try it, that's my opinion. I like Bono singing in his low register much much more and I want more of that. That's just my personal opinion. With falsetto, I always think of Justin Timberlake
crazy.gif

I think it's goog for him to sing low as well because it will prove to those stupid nutjobs on Google Groups that he does have a big range. Just because you sing high that doesn't mean that you have a big range if that's all you can do. By singing high and low than you can prove this. I hate Google Groups because it's full of dimwits who judge someone's voice by just looking at one or two songs. I never knew that it was the law for a singer to use the full range of their voice on every single song they write.

So many people on here don't seem to understand what Bono's doing in this song! The falsetto is SUPPOSED to be silly! This is a man who we should all know full well can do a proper beautiful falsetto well... and he's being silly! That's kind of the point of the song.....

Fuckin' GREAT news today!

The radio is playing U2's new single right now. And it's the ALBUM VERSION with a shortened remix and the bit before the bridge is shortened, but THAT IS ALL. NO shitty remix!!!!! :hyper:

And for the sake of it, the solo is NOT cut!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom