2022 Subscribers Gift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This could be either really cool or a huge disappointment, depending on what versions of the songs are chosen.

I preferred that short period when they were offering vinyl instead of CDs.

Could be very cool indeed, I like it as an idea. I wonder if it will just be the full album, in sequence, or if they'll mix it up. Did they ever play So Cruel live on the Zoo TV tours other than some short snippets? I seem to remember I have a version on a bootleg somewhere but can't remember if its the full band or just acoustic.

I thought So Cruel was only ever performed at that Hershey Park dress rehearsal that’s been circulating forever, but apparently it was played thrice and snippets once:

https://www.u2gigs.com/So_Cruel-s149.html

I think the version I had is on this bootleg:

1591268519_cover.jpg

I noticed the double to single CD switcheroo on Twitter. Two CDs could be interesting if they'd decided on a range of dates or a theme for each on so you had two sets of the full album.

Supposedly the Double CD has now been changed to a Single CD. :lol:

The original album is only one CD so I could how that makes sense. Multiple versions would be cool if they’re far enough away from each other in execution that two full alternate live albums could be presented as a double CD set.

A single CD makes even less sense as a product than a vinyl + download, however, considering precedent. They pressed vinyl for Another Time Another Place (double LP!), 3D (ugh) and the JT Singles (4 platters). Just feels like they’re cheaping out now.

It would just be so much better if they did one of the first 3 legs of ZooTV, full show. My hunch is that they'll leave off the awesome Elevation version of The Fly and include the version from their last tour where they play is slower because they're old.

i think the double CD thing was just a typo.

i didn't think they played So Cruel in full live either but it appears that they did. we certainly don't have a high quality version of this - so this would be a first.

it's not reeeeally the whole song, though - just the first two versus - so somewhere between a full song and elongated snippet (heh - elongated snippet).

so i wonder what they'll do. maybe they'll release the version from From The Sky Down

Last edited:
Sounds good as long as they dont just include versions that were already on pre released shows….. that would be pretty pointless….

Sounds good as long as they dont just include versions that were already on pre released shows….. that would be pretty pointless….

… and completely in line with their low effort live release approach.

It would just be so much better if they did one of the first 3 legs of ZooTV, full show. My hunch is that they'll leave off the awesome Elevation version of The Fly and include the version from their last tour where they play is slower because they're old.

That elevation version is by far my favorite! I do enjoy the Vertigo tour version as well but the Elevation tour is just so cool(love the slow melodic intro).

I’m always happy to hear The Fly, but the E&I version was not great. It wasn’t just the slightly slower tempo - it felt pretty empty without the second guitar, and B was singing the verses in different register than he used to, I assume cuz he can’t quite get down there consistently these days. It’s still a great song, but I think 2018 was it’s least good era.

Back
Top Bottom