You just never know where PLEBA will turn up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BluRmGrl

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
OK, so Kelly & I are in Sam's Club yesterday afternoon, shopping. We stop our cart in one of the aisles & are just stepping over to pick up a floor steamer when a gentleman & his wife come up in the aisle behind us, in mid-conversation. We hear the man say something to his wife about not trusting floor steamers on laminate floors. Kelly & I haven't used anything but a Shark floor steamer on our floors since we installed them last year & have been thrilled with the results, so we struck up a conversation with the couple to give them our personal experience endorsement of the steamer.

Turns out the guy installs laminate & hard wood floors, along with ceramic tile. It just so happens that Kelly & I have a couple of tile projects we want done at our house & that's one thing that we're willing to pay a professional to do for us, so I asked the guy if he had a card. He didn't so I pull a pen & notepad out of my purse & start taking his information. I get his cell # written down & ask him his name. "Chris", he tells me. "Chris Pleba." He starts spelling it, too: "P - L - E.." And I finish it for him with this big, goofy grin on my face: "B - A, right?" He says, "Yeah" and looks at me kind of strange, because by now I'm laughing.

I apologized & just briefly explained that a really active group on a website that I belonged to called themselves PLEBA & that I was just amused to meet someone with that exact last name. I thought it best not to elaborate any further than that. :shifty: :lol:

Anyway, I was just thinking about the thread we had in PLEBA a while back detailing our abilities to make U2 references out of almost anything we came across & thought it was great that I should run into someone so randomly whose last name is a pretty direct reference, at least to Interference. :D

:lol: That is funny! I'd have been laughing so hard and been so embarrassed for laughing. Not much of a reference but there's a bit in our school book called Interference.:) I was like "whoah! No way!" and my friend was like "what? It's just a school book." Anyway, whatever, that's a cool story!

Back
Top Bottom