Very Random U2 References in Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone seen "Margot at the wedding" with Nicole Kidman and Jack Black? The J.Black character talks about how he is competitive with everybody, even Bono.

Also if I remember correctly, I recall catching the end of a sex and the city episode one day on tv and they were playing "even better than the real thing".

omgtwice.jpg

Tropic Thunder

In the TV show The Office, Steve Carell's character Michael Scott makes that horrible presentation video to With or Without You. It was pretty funny.

Speaking of The Office, I seem to recall an immortal Dwight Schrute quote: "I am not a hero. I am a mere defender of the office. You know who’s a real hero? Hiro, from 'Heroes'. That’s a hero. Also, Bono."

There was the episode of Friends where Rachel and Ross were "On a break" and With Or Without You was played.

And the line form The Commitments movie, when the father of the manager of the band says "al bet u2 are shitting themselves"

i have one its not from a movie but i was watching mtv last night and stickwit u by the pussycat dolls came on and lead singer nicole scherzinger
is wearing a u2 tshirt and apparently thats her fav band:applaud:

I don't know if anyone here's even heard of the Middleman (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TV SERIES), but on this week's new episode, there was this bit of dialogue:
Lacey: Look, I don't care what you say, you are going to that interview and I'm driving you there.
Tyler: Lacey, I'm a musician.
Lacey: And this is like Bono offering you a job.
Noser: Bono, Buddha and the Wizard of Oz.

If you guys live in Los Angeles. there is a play called As U2 Like It. It is at the Falcon theatre in Burbank. so check it out. It is playing through Oct 12th or something like that...:):wave:

Maybe someone said this already, but there's an Achtung Baby poster in Mrs. Doubtfire.

Also, a few James Patterson novels have had U2 mentions.

Back
Top Bottom