UK tv comedy to feature Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
UK fans............The spoof comedy documentary show Star Stories is to feature an episode dedicated to Bono. Will be on Ch4 on Saturday 27th Dec @10:35pm. Its normally quite amusing :up:

I have also posted this on EYKIW forum, as i know many dont venture over there, and vice versa

thanks for the info.. it's a great show and for this to be their christmas special I guess it's going to be pretty good... will please and offend fans in equal measure !

I have just learned that the first showing of the afforementioned comedy is on TONIGHT (Friday) on Channel 4 at 10:20pm.
Must be a repeat tomo

I agree Wayne. As far as Star Stories goes, it was the poorest i have seen. And its nothing to do with being offended coz its bono...just wasnt as funny as others.
For those that didnt see it, the main gist of it was.....

Bono was gods son.
He had specail powers to do good.
Kept playing Simple Minds music in the background
Was factually accurate tho...they obviously researched him...or someone on it is a fan.
Didnt miss much tho folks.
They seemed to enjoy it over on EYKIW forum

I thought it was hillarious myself, nice touch having Larry portrayed as Father Jack only saying "feck, arse, drink!".

Me too! But then I love Fr Ted. Even my sister and hubby thought it was funny. I still chuckle now at the part where they are trying to sign the peace treaty in NI and they break into ONE and you can see the guy banging on the window to be let out, so he can stop listening to them sing :lol:

And Bono wanting to save the world of dem feckkers Coldplay :lol:

Back
Top Bottom