U2ube Links Thread #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heeeey just out of curiosity, does anyone have the video (from the ZooTV era) where Bono mentions U2 being "miserable bastards?" I dunno why, but it just cracks me up :drunk:

Heeeey just out of curiosity, does anyone have the video (from the ZooTV era) where Bono mentions U2 being "miserable bastards?" I dunno why, but it just cracks me up :drunk:

why do I feel like that's from the Achtung Baby Whole lot of Interference official video (can't remember the actual title) that was released on vhs? :hmm: Was that ever put onto dvd? I haven't seen that in years because I don't have a vcr anymore. Still have the tape just no way to view it :sad:

Awesome video. I love to watch people talk about the creative process and how they use creativity to solve problems. I am so intrigued at the detail of this photo shoot. Apple boxes! :applaud:

Then you might enjoy this one. I loved it. Eno gets pretty emotional talking about the experience of recording MOS- sounds like kind of a "One" moment. Forgive me if it's already been posted in one of the links threads. Brian Eno talks about Moment Of Surrender - YouTube

Then you might enjoy this one. I loved it. Eno gets pretty emotional talking about the experience of recording MOS- sounds like kind of a "One" moment. Forgive me if it's already been posted in one of the links threads. Brian Eno talks about Moment Of Surrender - YouTube

Wow, thank you for posting this video. I have never seen it before. I love the whole idea of 'happy accidents.' Larry took a perceived error by Eno and created a rhythm track out of it. As I watched the video I kept thinking about how the process of intuition plays into creativity. The taking of an idea and to just let it happen without any ego or censorship is amazing. I think Eno talked about getting out of his own way and to just be a channel for the music. Amazing. I do see the "One" connection in that the origin of the song happened in a similarly organic way.

Hmm not sure about never before seen. Isn't that the same video we've seen before? At least for a few years anyway I think. :hmm:

I don't know. Everyone (media, fansites) are saying it's a never before released video that U2 dedicated to Willie Nelson for this birthday. All the other versions I know are different, and I don't think I have heard this version of the song before. The ones I know have Bono on lead vocals.

It says in the description:

Happy Birthday, Willie! 80 and still a pilgrim. All the best... Bono, The Edge, Adam & Larry.' (Never before seen footage of 'Slow Dancing' with Willie Nelson, made by filmmaker & friend Lian Lunson.)

Hmm well maybe then some of the clips are different. I'd have to look at the one I have again when I find it but I could have sworn it looks like the one that's been out for awhile. Cool if it's true though.

That must be it. Thanks. I can't watch it to compare with what I had right now but it has to be it since I know I'd seen that before. I wonder who said it was new. :huh:

Back
Top Bottom