U2ube Links Thread #6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I see that you might be right. I have never seen this clip, but the one loner posted seems to be from some kind of documentation. It still looks like the same video U2.com posted today, saying it contains "never before seen" footage. Maybe it's only slightly different? :hmm:

it's U2.com remember - their "never before seen" is always old news... :lol:

Lian Lunson, who's a good friend of the band and who has made the video, has also posted on Social Media that it's a previously unreleased version and it's up on U2.com. Strange :hmm:

I was pretty sure I had seen it. It was on my list of videos I was going to make GIFS from, then forgot about it. Maybe they just mean it never had an official separate video release, but the video was used in that documentary so it's been on the internet for a while!

^ It's always good to see Bono, but somebody please tell her to stop ruining songs!! She messed up the lyrics at 2:40 AND she kept on singing her yeah-yeahs at 3:40, when he had already started singing. Even if it was Bono's mistake (which I think it wasn't), she could have made it less obvious and followed his lead.

The thing I notice most about this recording is how much the absence of Larry and Adam changes the tone. The chorus is still good but it's missing so much grit and funk.

This is an interesting and very different version from what we know, but I don't get all this complaining, it's not a U2 show, it's a charity gig and MJB does it her way, like her or not. It's not a bad version, the song is still good. Bono messes up once towards the end by starting with the verses too early, but that's Bono.
Really, I think it's quite a good version, different vocals and instrumentation and all :up:

I watched that on TV last night and it was pretty good. :up: He talked about a lot of stuff besides Africa and it was cute how he kept mentioning Edge. :cute:

I love this interview, even if there are some very well known Bono phraes. Guess he can't do without those. But I am quite moved by what hie's saying about songs, songwriting, music and about the band :heart:

Stumbled across this article/video from Rolling Stone. U2 playing Street Mission in 1978! I know I've seen this before but it really is a great time capsule and the video is very clear. Boy, are they just kids!
Flashback: U2 on TV in 1978 - Video | Rolling Stone
Check out Larry at around 1:45 when he realizes the camera's on him. Very genuine.
Enjoy!

Oh my god, that is so cute I almost cried.

You know what this makes me think? Someday when I have a kid who's like 16 and totally charged about doing something that I think looks just incredibly dumb, I should probably just tell them to go for it.

Incredible.

Adam super glued Bono's hand to Edge's shoulder again. :shifty: they never learn do they?

^ Ooops! Double post. Something happened there! My text didn't come out. Anyway...cool video. Lucky lady! Love the hug!

Back
Top Bottom