U2 to perform LIVE every night on LETTERMAN!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering why they haven't been offered the chance to be the Grand Marshal(s) of the St. Patricks Day Parade in NYC thought that would have happened by now.

Here's U2's performance from 2001:

YouTube - U2 David Letterman Show

I remember seeing this on TV. I was 14 and was supposed to be asleep, but I got out of bed to watch it. :D
Still one of the greatest performances of New York and SYCMIOYO ....!!!! SO moving. :heart:
It never ceases to amaze me how those songs from ATYCLB
were written before 9/11 and yet seemed like they were written specifically because of it. Bono is prophetic.

Here's U2's performance from 2001:

YouTube - U2 David Letterman Show

I remember seeing this on TV. I was 14 and was supposed to be asleep, but I got out of bed to watch it. :D

Holy crap, that was a nicee performance! If I get into letterman, they'll have to carry me out on a stretcher. I think I'll scream out Love you Bono!!! Life is short, what the hell. :D

It just dawned on me, I guess they are not returning to Conan, because Conan will be in los angeles by then. He's leaving his New York show the end of february. :(

No "in the year 2000" or "secrets"..... But hey, 5 nights in a row, sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

His last show is next Friday.

I'm going to study everything about the show, so if I get asked something I'll be ready.

Still one of the greatest performances of New York and SYCMIOYO ....!!!! SO moving. :heart:
It never ceases to amaze me how those songs from ATYCLB
were written before 9/11 and yet seemed like they were written specifically because of it. Bono is prophetic.

And the fact that the whole publicity for atyclb was around planes and airports is :yikes:

I'm going to study everything about the show, so if I get asked something I'll be ready.

Good plan. One way to find out what previous people have done, and been asked, to get into the theater on the day of a show is to go to alt.fan.letterman (I go through Google Groups) and do a search in that group for "trip report question(s)." There won't be a lack of information and you'll see what type of questions are asked.

It would be an absolute dream come to true to be a part of one of those Letterman audiences that week! I hope fellow Interferencers are there and report back!!! :hyper:

:ohmy::ohmy:
Oooppsss......i've got to get a new SD digital cam card!

my sweet l'il (3MP) digi camera can only handle a 1G (or less)card.
But I :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: it anyway (it was a gift from a friend), I couldn't afford one. My pictaure taking had plummented by magnitudes.

In fact :hmm: the last ime I saw them (U2) at an event-- I thinnk it was the U2 by U2 B&N signing and I had my small analouge camera. I have my first time closer pic of Ads BUT it's too dark- his face is in shadow. . I Don't know where the negatives are :huh: in order to get a lighter better copy. :doh:

thanks for the tip KJ. :)

Me and some friends are going to NYC Mar 4-7 and had already put in Letterman ticket requests like mid January when we were planning the trip...and I just heard about U2 being there for 5 nights...I'm REALLLLLY hoping we get the call saying we get tickets for one of those nights now!!! I had a feeling they'd be in NYC for the release of the CD, but thought nothing of it when we were planning the trip...now I'm hoping things will just fall into place, I'll get to finally see the band and all will be right in the universe! :love:

:yes::drool:
The funny thing is the woman probably could have cared less! I wonder if she is a fan? If she wasn't before she is now!! hahaha:lol:

She buried her face in his crotch! I think she was excited.

Ps I love the pic of you in front of the Lincoln memorial. So cool that you were part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom