U2 @ the 2009 Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not a huge thing for me, but I don't like the guyliner on Bono either. For one thing, it just doesn't suit the clothes he's wearing, as some others have said. If he dressed differently, maybe he'd be able to carry it off better... Also, Bono's look, in the past, has reflected the music. I don't know what kind of album NLOTH is yet, but it would be great if it was an ironic, edgy album that he could have on-stage personas for! In that case, bring on the eyeliner! :hyper:

I agree with MooMoo though - maybe try the eyeliner with a different wardrobe. If he's going to do eyeliner though, I prefer the smudged eye look from the Q shoot. But then again I've no clue what persona he's doing, so what do I know. :shrug:

:hmm: Bono in black skinnyjeans with some sleeveless tshirt that clings to his muscular upper body?

ok, I'd dig that.

Bono occasionally wore eyeliner in his teens and early twenties.

And by occasionally, I mean I've seen like two pictures of such a thing, so they could have been a one time thing or a some times thing.

Just saying! Actually, I don't know why I'm saying this.

There's a 60 something woman who works in the deli at the gas station I go to. She's really rugged looking otherwise, and a bleached blonde, but has heavy black eyeliner. Looks out of place on her too, but if it makes her happy, it can't be that bad.

I know, right? don't understand it at all - bass must be the most underrated instrument ever...

on the subject of Bono's eyeliner - what's the big deal? it's just some eyeliner. it's not like he's performing covered in children's blood. :|
he's age shouldn't even be an issue here. it's just a number.

I, for one, am really happy that the whole band seems to be in top form. if they do decide to grace Poland with their presence, I'll be sure to see it (should time and money allow).

YouTube - The Bass Player

:lol:

what the bloody hell was that? :lmao:

by the way, do you remember that episode of The Simpsons with U2 when Bono gets into his Bono-mode so Larry and Edge decide to go out and they don't take Adam with them? on the other hand, he does get pretty girls...

465899-1.gif

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom