U2 Official Chicago lithograph - PHOTO NOT TAKEN IN CHICAGO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On purpose or not, they should still reimburse EdgeFest. If I try to sell something on eBay and make a mistake about the size, color, whatever, I would notify the buyer ASAP and arrange a refund or partial refund if they wanted to keep it anyway.

On purpose or not, they should still reimburse EdgeFest. If I try to sell something on eBay and make a mistake about the size, color, whatever, I would notify the buyer ASAP and arrange a refund or partial refund if they wanted to keep it anyway.

I will accept a simple pint of Guinness from The Edge and I will forget it ever happened :D

Seriously though, I will likely end up keeping it, I'm up in Canada and paid customs fees on it and the trouble of getting it back to them just isn't worth it, I won't get back the fees I paid to "import" it anyway.

I'm going to look at it as a collectors item now... trying to put a positive spin on it because I'm now more broken-hearted that a special lithograph from my first ever show does NOT exist, moreso than having one that's incorrect, if that makes any sense.

And sad-punk, that Photoshop is all win - gave me a great laugh this morning!!!

:doh:

We should start a fail list on U2.com. They fucked up SO many times over the past years.

Are you trying to say they aren't in the running for best band website? :wink:

I don't think it's shadiness.

It is true that they have sold that lithograph as one show when the photo is from another. This was probably a mistake and not a case of trying to fool anyone.

I'm sure this is just one more mistake to add to the ever growing list that Galeongirl is going to document for us :shifty:

But on a serious note, what type of business are they running over there?

If a Boston souvenir store sold a photo of Boston Public Gardens that was actually some local neighborhood park, they would be sued, reported to the AG's office, reported to the Better Business Bureau and every local TV station.

For an "Official" website their inability to fact check something as basic as this is astounding.

i never even got the other cd. i dont expect this one either.
I went through the thread about last year's debacle last night. :crack: I can't wait for the fun about this year's gift to start.
I renewed in oct/nov and never got a 2nd communication disc so I should be getting the new gift. Not convinced I'll get it though.

Are you trying to say they aren't in the running for best band website? :wink:

I have started compiling the list. Sofar a small A4 sheet on U2.com fails, and OVER 1,5 page on Fanfire. And I've only gone through the first U2.com thread on here, one more to go, plus all the personal experiences with everyone. What a bunch of failers.
Maybe I should mail that list to U2.com when I'm done with it. That way they have an overview of how incredibly incompetent fanfuckers is.

That is pretty ridiculous. I cant believe they couldn't find one decent picture from the appropriate show? I mean, I'm sure you could find a great one right here from our members.

Side note: Lets not poke fun at the tribute bands. Especially ones that are members here. I am not in the mood for angry pm's.

sorry sicy, i just googled u2 tribute bands. i forgot about the possibility of interference members being involved.

ps i still haven't got artificial horizon.

They just changed it a few minutes ago in fact. I was just there looking at the jackets and happened to check the litho to see if they had fixed it and it hadn't been yet.

Hm, that's really funny. They needed 1 day and 5 hours to fix such a glaring mistake. Typing the correct location took over a day. Wow.

This is added to the Faillist. 5 pages and counting. Of which 3 are for fanfire. I am starting to hate those guys with a passion.

UPDATE:

I am on my way home and I will check for sure, but the problem is worse than changing the description on the website. The certificate of authenticity says "CHICAGO SOLDIER FIELD" on it, as does, I believe, the actual lithograph.

I will confirm the lithograph itself says that too - shortly.

Also, I've been contacted by Matt from @U2 to pass on my email address to U2.com folks to get in touch with me, I'll let you know what they say!

OK.... actual lithograph does NOT Have a city on it, it's just the certificate. So the actual lithograph's value as a rarity is nil, just the certificate that goes with it, unfortunately.

Again, I'll update you with what they say.

They just changed it a few minutes ago in fact. I was just there looking at the jackets and happened to check the litho to see if they had fixed it and it hadn't been yet.

I was on there today to use my coupon up and noticed it was changed too.

OK.... actual lithograph does NOT Have a city on it, it's just the certificate. So the actual lithograph's value as a rarity is nil, just the certificate that goes with it, unfortunately.

Hopefully, they'll reimburse you. I know that doesn't make up for not getting the Litho from your first show, but at least it's something.

IMO the issue is not fixed until everyone who bought it while it was mislabeled is reimbursed or offered a return.

It would be nice of them to reimburse you. What VP suggested would be even more awesome, if they'd make a Litho from a pic taken in Chicago just for you. I'm afraid I don't see that happening though.

I'm wondering if anyone got one of my lithos? If so drop me a private note or an email. I'm curious about them, I've not seen one!

Hey Otto, I was wondering just a month ago or something , if you where coming to any EU shows this next tour leg? It would be cool to chat up about photo's and u2 with you.
And I would really like to see your photo's of shows that I attend :shifty: or any other show in that case.

Back
Top Bottom