U2 Magazine Article Scans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: I still can't get over that. Why were there no pictures taken and why have we not heard this before????? THat has to be the best thing I've ever read!!!!!!

:lol: I still can't get over that. Why were there no pictures taken and why have we not heard this before????? THat has to be the best thing I've ever read!!!!!!

RayGun was not a very popular magazine. I am sure I read that article back in the day and it slipped right past me.

Lots more to come. :love: I have a really great POP interview/article I'll post today. (I need to resize and upload it)

My favorite excerpt:
The singer is lovingly perched infant-style in the lap of the guitarist, thumb firmly planted in mouth. He swings his legs playfully, rocking to and fro, resting his head on the shoulder of his smiling holder. Giggle and squirm. Stumbling upon this scene, one might quickly surmise that these two rather giddy Irishmen have perhaps spent a wee bit too much time cooped up together over the past many months of recording.
"That may be true," laughs the man they call The Edge, awkwardly cradling the artist formally known as Bono. "We miss each other if we don't see each other every day."
"He's adoptin' me," beams Bono, ceremoniously popping the thumb from his mouth. "Right, dad?"
"Son, I must say, ya did... very... well," says Edge with paternal authority, patting sonny Bono on the leg for emphasis. "Ya made a great record. I just love that singin'."
"Thanks, dad," murmurs Bono with mock shyness.

what... NO PICTURES?!?:hmm:

Right?? Who witnesses such wonders and doesn't get a photo!!? :drool::lol:

"Giggle and squirm."

Best. Sentence. Ever.

Ray Gun (Apr 1997)

RayGunApr19971cover.jpg

RayGunApr19972.jpg

RayGunApr19973.jpg

RayGunApr19974.jpg

RayGunApr19975.jpg

RayGunApr19976.jpg

RayGunApr19977.jpg

RayGunApr19978.jpg

RayGunApr19979.jpg

RayGunApr199710.jpg

RayGunApr199711.jpg

RayGunApr199712.jpg

I now completely understand why the magazine was so unpopular...
Why the hell did they cut Bonos forehead off, and made the Copbono pic so small. :tsk:

They better be giggling and squirming. Oh god, that cuter than baby otters.

Wow thanks for putting that up i was dying to see the rest of the cover it's just beautiful :D but how dare they put that yellow circle & the dreaded word coldplay over my Larry ??? There are some very nice pictures of him by the look of it

BC, I'm totally in debt to you for the rest of my life... thanks in a billion for making this thread :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Mephy, huge thanks for the new Q :hug:

Oh thanks so much Catheleen for this Rolling Stone article! :bow: As I said, been looking for this for a long time. I found this magazine at library many years ago, I forget which one, couldn't take it with me but was able to take a black and white photocopy of it in A3 size meaning I was able to get the whole page!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom