U2 Live at the Cork Opera House, October 1979

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

secretly alone

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I don't know if this thread is going to get moved. I wanted to post it here.

I found a recording of this show a few days ago after searching for years, and I wanted to share the highlights, so I uploaded the audio to youtube. It's not a great recording, it's sped up a bit too much and sounds sort of chipmunk-y, but funny nontheless. This was their first appearance on RTE TV (according to a book I have).

YouTube - U2- Intro (Cork 1979)

The Intro...announcer describes them as a 'young new band from Dublin' :lol:

YouTube - U2- Cartoon World

Cartoon World...Bono names a bunch of people he can "see" watching them on TV at home :giggle:

YouTube - U2- Boy Girl

Boy-Girl...Bono embarasses a guy in the audience by asking him about his love life :lol: :cute:

Please excuse my abominable video making skills :yikes:

WOW 1979!! :hyper: Man! those guys were on the edge of being a true Punk band! LOL
They were sounding pretty cool at the time too. Not bad for starters.
I was 11 years old back then :D and just starting to get into Led Zeppelin and the whole rock/punk thing ! :lol:

Great post good buddie!! :applaud:

I found a recording of this show a few days ago after searching for years, and I wanted to share the highlights, so I uploaded the audio to youtube. It's not a great recording, it's sped up a bit too much and sounds sort of chipmunk-y, but funny nontheless. This was their first appearance on RTE TV (according to a book I have).

Cartoon World...Bono names a bunch of people he can "see" watching them on TV at home :giggle:

YouTube - U2- Boy Girl

Boy-Girl...Bono embarasses a guy in the audience by asking him about his love life :lol: :cute:

That is so adorable.... awwwh Bono so sweet. :cute:

^ That's cool that you guys have it on tape...

LOL I believe the girlish voice is sort of due to the annoyingly sped up recording :lol:
Although he did have a kind of childish voice back then :hmm:

I have this unnatural obsession with piecing together every bit of the band's early history :love:

Loves it anyway

:)

Boy/Girl needs to find it's way back into the set list!

LOL

:heart: Boy-Girl :heart: Haha if that happened, I would truly believe nothing is impossible :lol:

:ohmy: When this recording was made, Bono was exactly my age :sexywink:

YouTube - U2- Boy Girl

Thirty-one years later and RTE TV has no re-broadcast this concert, unfortunate :down: :angry:

I found a recording of this show a few days ago after searching for years,

Aww you should have just asked around here and you would have had it a long time ago! ;) Had you tried the Music on the Internet thread? Everyone is really great at sharing there and here too :)

YouTube - U2- Boy Girl

You do not mind sharing that video?, there are many people who have the audio, but video? ONLY YOU!!! :crack: :crack: :applaud: :applaud:

Is the first full concert U2 broadcast on RTE TV, but earlier had appeared three times: 1-The fool (cut)1978 . 2-Street mission 1978 and Life on a distant planet 1979

:ohmy: I forgot all about this! :lol:

And I never got around to making crude windows "movies" out of the rest of the tracks to put on youtube :doh:

YouTube - U2- Boy Girl

You have the video of the whole concert or just the videos of Cartoon world and Boy-girl?

You have the video of the whole concert or just the videos of Cartoon world and Boy-girl?

I don't have the actual video. I would give my largely useless left arm for that :drool:
I just have a torrent of this show and used Windows Movie Maker to set the songs to a slideshow of pictures so I could post it as a video on youtube.

These three were the only ones I made :(

I don't have the actual video. I would give my largely useless left arm for that :drool:
I just have a torrent of this show and used Windows Movie Maker to set the songs to a slideshow of pictures so I could post it as a video on youtube.

These three were the only ones I made :(
OK thank you :sad:

Back
Top Bottom