U2 in Berlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
857.jpg

This ECHO show is so embarrassing!! At least U2 opened the show so that I did not have to watch too much of it. The moderator insulted them after their performance in saying that this is Germany's song for the Eurovision Song Contest and that they might get two points more than last years contestants, No Angel's, who scored the worst result for Germany (last place?, I'm not 100% sure). Ok, when I heard who is moderating, I was already prepared for some kind of bad joke from him, so it could have been worse. The woman introduced their song as "Get on your knees". Again: very embarrassing!!

i don´t know why but it seemed that thay were a little unccomfortable...thay certaninly didn´t give 100 of then...
just adding Brit´s were the best this performance i did not liked even grammy´s was best despite the sound

:lol: Some German metal band up now, oh lord this is SO WRONG!

Wait, but this last song I know! :hmm: I must know this band! Just didn't recognize them.

And it's over now, 23.15 rather than 22.45.

yep, the last band was called "the scorpions" and the song is "wind of change" (it was pretty famous when the Berlin Wall came down...) You really watched the WHOLE show?? I was glad U2 opened the show and I didn't need to watch all the bands following ;) (well, I'm not really a fan of the German music industry... :reject: But at least there were a couple of good bands like Die toten Hosen and Depeche Mode...)

yep, the last band was called "the scorpions" and the song is "wind of change" (it was pretty famous when the Berlin Wall came down...) You really watched the WHOLE show?? I was glad U2 opened the show and I didn't need to watch all the bands following ;) (well, I'm not really a fan of the German music industry... :reject: But at least there were a couple of good bands like Die toten Hosen and Depeche Mode...)

Ah, that explains why I know that song.

And well, watched, I had it on tv while I was on my laptop.

Die Toten Hosen sadly enough didn't perform. DM did, was pretty good!

Sing Ms E. Sing! Sorry to correct you but I was momentarily confused.

Just trying to make it easier for anyone else who may be hanging on your every word like I do! :wink:

sorry, Luv... this is what happens when a crazy woman is spending time online following her fav band in stead of staying in bed to get rid of the bloody flu... ;)

Anyway, good performance, but it seemed soooo short. Bono didn't take his shades off, no eyeliner. They haven't worked out the bridge, hope one day it will work. Chorus is still a little weak, verses better, the sound was much better this time, but Bono's voice sounded a bit strained in the second verse.

You're right and I think Larry looked peaky :huh:
I have to excuse us for this show. You have to know: most of us also don't like this kind of entertainment and humor.
My favorites were U2, Razorlight and Udo Lindenberg. He's a very famous german singer since more than 30 years.
After the show they showed the interview with Bono and Adam.

Good Night!

Back
Top Bottom