U2 Fashion History

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HEY! don't diss the checkered pants, tartan pants, red A CELEBRATION pants and the space shirt and the white sleeveless black mesh shirt thingy!!:madwife:

BONO really ROCKED the clothes ! :rockon:

:lol:

:lol: Space shirt! I always called it his giant pancake shirt :cute: I loooove that shirt on him!

I also have a pair of tartan pants just like that....which I may or may not have bought because of him...:shifty:

Wow! Some great posts have been added.

Something happened fashion-wise, in my opinion, between the first leg of the Joshua Tree tour (when they looked cool, IMO) and the second leg when they were filming stuff for Rattle & Hum and went all cowboy hat (not cool looking, lol).

I think from the Unforgettable Fire to the Conspiracy of Hope Tour to first leg of Joshua Tree... love the clothing styles in there. :applaud:

I notice that this thread hasn't highlighted what I call Edge's grocery sack jeans.

1BandDorky80s.jpg

Lovetown07.jpg

Sometimes he needed a belt AND suspenders to keep them up.

He looks like he's a little ashamed of himself already in that photo. Those trousers got a lot of good mileage though- they were pretty prominent in Rattle and Hum. And I did love the high water with boots look that he always rocked with those. There just wasn't a lot winning with 80's trousers, was there?

Back
Top Bottom