U2 Fan Documentary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

natbaker75

Babyface
I've been advised that I'm posting in the wrong place, and that PLEBA is the place to be...so... I'm sending out a request for volunteers who would be willing to participate in interviews for a documentary about U2 fans.

What I'm specifically looking for is...

- jpegs of U2 concert ticket stubs

- jpegs of U2 concert wrist bands

- jpegs of Wire Tags

- Interviews with people who used to make fanzines (pre internet!) on their
kitchen table or bedroom floor

- Interviews with people who were at the Slane Gigs

- Interviews with people who were at the ZooTv gigs

- Interviews with people who were either in Dublin for the NYE shows in 1989, or who remember listening to it on the radio live.

- Interviews with former Wirelings, in particular anyone who was involved in
the making of Wire Tags or the Wire Banners, or transporting the Wire
Banners around the world.

- Inteviews with any of Bono's Babes, those rare, lucky and elusive
creatures who have danced with the B man on stage at a U2 gig

- Interviews with older U2 fans - I know that you are out there - dying to share your stories about when u2 were 'cool'...

- Interviews with people who have got involved with charities or other
organisations because of U2's commitments to various Social Justice Issues

- Anyone who has travelled extensively to see U2 gigs, and given up
work/attendance at family events in order to do so. (I could really, really, use someone for this segment).

- Anyone with entertaining or amusing stories about experiences they have
have had meeting U2 or at concerts in queues.

- Stories about the U2 fan community - there a few thousand people here on Inteference, it's a community, there have to be stories.

If you're interested in participating please EMAIL me at gypsyheart@y7mail.com.

I don't get on to Inteference as much as I'd like, but will say that this website has been a great help in a number of ways with this project.

Yes, yes, my own website is coming soon.

Cheers,

Natalie

I've been advised that I'm posting in the wrong place, and that PLEBA is the place to be...so... I'm sending out a request for volunteers who would be willing to participate in interviews for a documentary about U2 fans.

You've certainly come to the right place....:up:

What I'm specifically looking for is...

- jpegs of U2 concert ticket stubs

I've saved all my 5 ticket stubs, so I could scan and send them to you. :wink:

- jpegs of Wire Tags
What are Wire Tags? :scratch:

- Interviews with people who were at the Slane Gigs

I was at the first one! :D

- Interviews with people who were at the ZooTv gigs
'

My first U2 concert was their Zooropa show in Stockholm July 1993! :D

- Interviews with people who were either in Dublin for the NYE shows in 1989, or who remember listening to it on the radio live.

I listened to it on my sony walkman on the train back to horticultural school! :up:

- Interviews with older U2 fans - I know that you are out there - dying to share your stories about when u2 were 'cool'...
Does someone the better side of forty and exactly one year younger than Larry count? We share the same birthday. :wink:

- Interviews with people who have got involved with charities or other
organisations because of U2's commitments to various Social Justice Issues
Been a member of Amnesty International and Greenpeace for as long as I've been a U2 fan i.e. 20 years! :D

- Anyone who has travelled extensively to see U2 gigs, and given up
work/attendance at family events in order to do so. (I could really, really, use someone for this segment).
Guilty as charged your honour!! :D

- Anyone with entertaining or amusing stories about experiences they have
have had meeting U2 or at concerts in queues.
I've been fortunate enough to meet Adam, Edge (twice) and Bono outside their hotels. :up:

- Stories about the U2 fan community - there a few thousand people here on Inteference, it's a community, there have to be stories.
Oh the stories I could tell you....:lol:

I'll drop you a line when I find the time! :yes:

My stub from October tour when they opened for JGiels in Phoenix, AZ 3/25/1982, Vets Memorial Coliseum
Photo_2006_7_20_2_40_34.jpg

My stub from October tour when they opened for JGiels in L.A., CA. 3/27/1982, Sports Arena

photo_2007_5_27_19_54_17.jpg

(I hated those days when they ripped the ticket stubs in half!!)

My stubs for Joshua Tree but REAL dates were April 3rd and 4th, 1987. This was when Bono fell and cut his chin open and they had to postpone the dates by one day for the opening of the tour. We got to use our same tickets regardless of what happened. (TG) This was at Arizona State University Activity Center, Tempe, AZ. (Originally dates were suppose to be April 2, and 3, 1987. Most sites have these dates wrong)

Photo_2006_7_20_2_43_16.jpg

Some people sold their tix when the date got changed. So this was the floor seat I bought the day of the show...The scalper scratched out the 1 to make it look like the first row. lol!!! We knew it when we got it and didn't care it was really 11th row. We were on the floor. That was all that mattered...
photo_2007_5_27_19_56_9.jpg

original seats for that show...
photo_2007_5_27_19_56_50.jpg

Sorry this is so light. I think getting soaked in the rain that night ruined it...Taje notice to the price of the tickets!!! $5.00...

My stubs for the Rattle and Hum filming a Arizona State University Stadium, Tempe, AZ Dec 19, and 20, 1987...everytime they show the stadium shot in the movie I just get goose bumps....WAHOOO!!!!! Was such an exciting event!!!!

photo_2007_5_27_19_55_26.jpg

DEC201987.jpg

Actual movie ticket stub...

photo_2007_5_27_19_57_43_edited.jpg

I guess I should have just emailed these.....opps....

I can't find my stub for Zootv right now anyway. I guess I didn't scan it..

I'm so glad you didn't email them and that we get to see these....my how ticket prices have changed. It sure makes me feel old when I can remember paying only $12.00 or so to go to a concert. I didn't keep my stubs from the Joshua Tree show at LA Coliseum in '87, but I'm guessing I must have paid about $15 from looking at yours. Now I'm budgeting for next year to shell out a few hundred over the course of a couple shows (unless I'm lucky enough to get GA... :pray: )

Thanks for sharing!

I'm so glad you didn't email them and that we get to see these....my how ticket prices have changed. It sure makes me feel old when I can remember paying only $12.00 or so to go to a concert. I didn't keep my stubs from the Joshua Tree show at LA Coliseum in '87, but I'm guessing I must have paid about $15 from looking at yours. Now I'm budgeting for next year to shell out a few hundred over the course of a couple shows (unless I'm lucky enough to get GA... :pray: )

Thanks for sharing!

I just wrote her an email telling her I posted them here instead. It is definately interesting seeing how ticket prices have changed isn't it. The good old days. I have a Pop mart ticket somewhere too, but got to find it as well. I just recently came across some stuff I had kept in a rubbermaid tub in the garage.

Thanks for not minding I posted them. I should have read the whole thing. I saw TICKET STUBS and I was like I HAVE THOSE!!! and started posting away. lol...

This friend of mine use to run this Rock and Roll Fanzine and she didn't want to do it anymore, so I took over it for her. It was called A PIECE OF THE ACTION. Our little group of friends who went to all the shows and wrote up reviews for the fanzine went by a funny name given to us by a friends mother called Cosmic Rockers and/or Cosmic Runners. (Don't ask me to explain...haha!) When I met Adam on 3/25/1982 I had him sign an autograph for the fanzine and our group.

2007-11-11-1756-23.jpg

Thanks for sharing!

I agree, I'm so glad that you shared them.
There's something organic about tickets - in a way that photos are not real.
Does that make sense?

What are Wire Tags? :scratch:

Wire Tags were yellow cards that identified people who were on 'Wire', the original U2 mailing site from the early 1990's. They were created for the PopMart tour and were used during Elevation.

Okay, I've finally gotten round to scanning four of my five tickets stubs, I seem to have mislaid the ticket stub from the Vertigo Copenhagen show I went to, I'll keep looking though!

These are kind of huge, I'll re-size them when I send them to you through my e-mail.

Zooropaticket.jpg

PopticketHelsinki.jpg

PopticketDublin.jpg

Slaneticket.jpg

Let me know if you need me to re-scan any of them! :wink:

^^^You were at the Slane concert?? OMG!!! That was incredible to watch.
I can only imagine the feeling of actually being there.
Did you have a good spot in the heart?:hyper:

Yeah, I was at the first show, the day after Bono buried his Dad and it was a very emotional show, I remember tearing up alot during that concert! :sad: No I didn't get into the heart coz when we got there, the front of the stage looked already pretty full, so we stayed well back. Here's my view of the Elevation stage at Slane....

U2ElevationSlanestage2001.jpg

....and me with Slane castle in the background. (I'm the one in red!) :wink:

MeatSlane.jpg

But it looks like I might not be taking part in Natalie's documentary coz I only just today read through all the introductions and terms and realized that I should have sent my entree in already by today!?! :doh:

Damn being so busy and tired with work, family and life in general....so unless Natalie is willing to wait a little longer for my contribution, I sent her a e-mail as promised explaining my dilemma, you won't be seeing my mug on any documentary, which is probably just as well....:eeklaugh:

Great pictures HC! It's so pretty there! When I visited Ireland last fall I took a day trip by bus up to the village of Slane just to see the castle! It was incredible. My sister and I had quite an adventure that day. :) We enjoyed it so much! What great experience to see U2 live there! That concert was incredible...and so emotional even when watching it on dvd.

Thanks for posting those Slane pix, awesome to kinda re-live where I stood and stuff, hehe. I was at the first Slane gig too, it was incredible.

Back
Top Bottom