U2 Fan Documentary

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting those Slane pix, awesome to kinda re-live where I stood and stuff, hehe. I was at the first Slane gig too, it was incredible.

You're very welcome, to be sure! :wink:

So you were there too eh?!? When the order form of the Elevation concert venue's came from Propaganda, I just knew that the Slane Castle gig would be one U2 gig that always would be remembered and "I wish I'd been there" concert amongst us fans, so I was determined to go!! :rockon:

Weren't the fireworks at the end absolutely fabulous? It was the first, and only, time that I've ever witnessed such a fireworks show up close and in person! :ohmy:

So you were there too eh?!? When the order form of the Elevation concert venue's came from Propaganda, I just knew that the Slane Castle gig would be one U2 gig that always would be remembered and "I wish I'd been there" concert amongst us fans, so I was determined to go!! :rockon:
Yeah, I was up at 5am, hitting the refresh button millions of times, and somehow got tickets.

Weren't the fireworks at the end absolutely fabulous? It was the first, and only, time that I've ever witnessed such a fireworks show up close and in person! :ohmy:
Fireworks were amazin', yeah. Best gig I've ever been to, ever.

Thank You

Thanks to everyone who have commented or contributed.
I'm thrilled by the generosity of spirit that I have seen.:applaud:

ohhh now i can post it...

So is from São Paulo, SP/Brazil, the second night (21/02/2006) :cute::heart:

20deAgostode2008042.jpg

it has the autograph of Franz Ferdinand... :D
i had all the things that got on the newspaper and megazines here in brazil in that time... if u want... I just don't have pics because two days before the show i've been stolen and they got my cellphone and my camera

Documentary Update

Due to popular demand, I've finally got a webpage up and runnning for the documentary - Gypsy Heart Films - 2008

Things are coming together well - I have received interviews from Poland, Russia, Canada, Brazil, New Zealand, USA, and Australia.

I am anticipating that the documentary will go for between 1 1/2 and 2 hours, and that it will have a test screening at the U2 Conference in NYC in May 2009.

I am currently completing my film funding application and hopefully that will be successful.

I am very grateful for all the support that I have received to date.

Certainly the highlight has been getting in contact with people all around the world.

Best wishes to everyone.

I've been advised that I'm posting in the wrong place, and that PLEBA is the place to be...so... I'm sending out a request for volunteers who would be willing to participate in interviews for a documentary about U2 fans.

What I'm specifically looking for is...

- Interviews with older U2 fans - I know that you are out there - dying to share your stories about when u2 were 'cool'...

guess that being 45 I might qualify for this...and yes I still remember the moment I listened to U2 for the first time in Argentinian radio and of course Live Aid on TV!!!! and yes when "Streets.." was cool to dance to!!!! Any time you want, you can talk to me!!!

I was at Slane too...Couldn't believe I got a ticket, as i had travelled from Australia to Ireland, and heard about the concert in Aus...Asked me Irish friend to get me a ticket, but apparently they had sold out so quickly...I managed to get tickets in Dublin. the money i paid went to a Charity called to Russia with love...its a charity that helps Russian orphans...the lady had two tickets to the highest bidder...and that was me...yippee..i would have paid anything to go...and it made me feel great knowing the money was going to a charity and not some greedy pig skalper..or however you spell it...the concert was fabby, and it was so too, because our boy had just buried his father..when he sung kite...oh my lordy lord, it was sad....anyway will stop rambling...and hello to all you lovely folk out there with exquistite taste in men....xxxx:heart::wave::hug:

Back
Top Bottom