tuf bono respect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I want to tell you guys what it's about (i.e. someone else can do it). Until then, just enjoy the fact that it's James May, and not Geddy Lee.

Apparently Bonnie looks exactly like James May from behind. I don't believe it, but I've never seen her behind :flirt:

Anyways, it's supposed to be an ambiguous ending. Is it James May or Bonnie :ohmy:. Yes, it SAYS James May...BUT!, Yakety Sax is pretty much her theme song.

Also, Geddy Lee was in the original intro, but I couldn't leave that there when I uploaded it onto youtube :sad:

And Geddy Lee himself is almost TOO much of an inside joke to explain, but if you're familiar with a certain poster's last message before he was banned, you might understand a little.

Although YouTube ruined the quality of The Hearse Race...I think I might like it even better that way.

Ugh, the .mov file of it is PERFECT. I don't understand why it's all jumpy on this one OR why it ends before "Happy End" shows up :sad:

tuf bono only from dublincity

dublincity has its GOODHAAA and it has its BADHAAAA

You've learned so fast!
cornflakesyc1-1.gif

The author woke up and looked about him suspiciously. He had been asleep an awfully long time. A few empty bottles of red wine lay at his feet and a discarded pizza box had learnt to walk and was tottering across the room. The pizza box was pretty excited about this newfound talent.

"Huzzaroonie!" it proclaimed, and was promptly eaten by Penguicactusaur.

"What the fuck?" demanded the author with profound irritation. "You aren't in this A Story!"

Penguicactusaur disappeared in a puff of logic to go hang with Douglas Adams somewhere in the non-existent afterlife. A raptor appeared in its place.

"Man, I wonder if my readership remembers me," said the author uncertainly, as he looked at a calendar and realised much time had passed. He looked again for the source of his hibernation, when suddenly his nose started working again. It detected body odour; a smell that could knock somebody out for a lifetime.

The author slumped onto the floor. tuf bono tugged his arm.

"mister author sir ma'am, i'm hungry, hungry like an acrifan child before live aid."

"Go fucking ask that decrepit Bob Geldof or something," slurred the half-unconscious author.

"but mister author sir ma'am, i gotta get my pizza!"

"Here's a few bucks." The author dopily threw some coins at tuf bono, who swallowed them and went in search of tuf edge. tuf edge would surely be more reliable than that author fellow. tuf edge would surely respect his need for pizza!

tuf bono staggered down the hallway. He was in a hotel on the road to Washington CD. He wasn't quite sure why, but then he couldn't remember anything that had happened three minutes ago, let alone three months. Three walls of the hallway were ornate, decorated in the style favoured by hat mouse; the fourth wall was broken.

"hey hey i see you there tuf edge!" yelled tuf bono at a figure he could see running away down the far end of the hall. tuf edge turned around with a deep dejected sigh.

"Hey tuf bono, respect to you," he said lifelessly.

"hey hey tuf edge man i need some pizza 'cause i'm hungry like a child in acrifa! my heart cries out for pizza! i haven't had any pizza for ten minutes and i just don't know if i can take it any more tuf edge!"

"God, tuf bono, stop using exclamation marks," cautioned tuf edge. "You're wasting your grammar quota for the month. June's only just begun!"

"yeah but where's my pizza? am i gonna have to send a MESSIDGE to RONALD RAYGUN to get more pizza places built here or something, so that it takes a second to say 'i'd like a meatlovers please'?"

tuf edge shook his head. "Look, tuf bono, we'll find you some pizza, just please, first, would you help me drag Bob Geldof's decrepit corpse outside so that we can bury him?"

"what what no Bob Geldof can't be dead!"

"He died of decrepitude while you were eating all of his food."

"oh no no this can't be right!"

Bob Geldof decrepitly slunk up to tuf bono. "Hey tuf bono, fuck, I'm glad to see you, I was nearly dead there but then my fuckin' soul was rejuvenated when I remembered those poor starving Acrifan children in the heart of the dark continent and I thought you, you and I could write a song that will Make A Difference."

"make me pizza then we'll talk."

"tuf bono, I will bring you pizza, and Heineken, and you and I shall write a song that will transform a generation. A song for people. What matters is The Song. This will be A Song about our Heart for Acrifa!"

"i get pizza for writing about acrifa? verily i say unto you, Bob Geldof, this A Song will tell the world about the promised land! we as songwriters will get to the promised land! i 'heart' for acrifa."

Robert Smith moped through the end of the chapter of this A Story to remind the reader of his gothic presence and of the album he would release on his birthday in April, two months ago. Why, dear reader, does Robert Smith lie? This and more to be answered when the author regains consciousness! Meanwhile, Bob Geldof respected tuf bono's need for Acrifan pizza.

Robert Smith was hoping this fucking stupid fucking joke would die already, but no can do. Why would anyone listen to a liar, and a traitor? There was no reason. Such suggestions were worthless, though despite that he persisted at his Grinch-like ideals. He hid behind a big tank and blew raspberries at passerbys every now and again, and did not grow tired of such inanities. He would do this for weeks on end, seemingly having little else to occupy his time with, and remained insistent on stating that he had a highly fulfilling actual life. Yet despite such arrogant boastings, he resorted to this game, a mockery of all involved, but no less his own self. It was a grim sight for all to behold, the passing of a god once bright with ideas and wisdom now weighed down by his own schmuckery.

But fuck it, I digress. tuf bono and Bob Geldof wrote A Song, and lots of celebrities were involved, singing one line each. Here is The Song:

Heart for Acrifa

(Introduction: speeksing very fast)
There's a country far away [Sting]
And it has problems that (are) here (to) stay [Robert De Niro]
Unless we all walk together [Bob Hope]
Like birds of a feather [Orson Welles (his last known recording)]
And help these children live [Kate Bush]
Make sure we do lots of giv(ing) [Christopher Lloyd]
This Christmas they won't get any coal [Michael Hutchence]
They won't get coal... they'll just get soul [Ringo Starr]

VERSE 1: [Adam Clayton]

I was blessing the rains one day [Stevie Wonder]
When I remembered something about my heart [Cyndi Lauper]
I guess so far this sounds kind of gay [Steven Tyler]
But soon a good bit will start [Bruce Springsteen]

Oh wait shit, no it doesn't [Meat Loaf]
It's still the same G, C, D progression [Elton John]
I guess we could do something clever here [Meat Loaf's anonymous female studio vocalist]
Like change the rhyming meter [Bob Dylan]
And get Archie Bunker to swear (NOTE: are there 35 derogatory terms for acrifans if so thats great get him to say them its good publicity - tb) [Carroll O'Connor]

Chorus! [Frank Sinatra]

OH YOU HEART OF ACRIFA [Everyone]
YOU REMIND ME OF AFRICA [Everyone, except for "Africa", which is only sung by Peter Gabriel]
OH, KEEP SHINING HEART OF ACRIFA [Everyone]
KID, I KNOW YOU'LL GO FAR [Richard Gere]

(repeat chorus endlessly)

Pretty soon the single was released, "FEATURING A CHARITY B-SIDE BY GREAT CANADIAN SINGERS, INCLUDING:".

tuf bono grasped at a pizza on a string.

"this isn't funny any more Bob Geldof!"

"tuf bono, I will only let you have this pizza once we've actually finished the song!"

"but we have! we even have a b-side lined up and ready to go. no Rush though."

"Oh, so we have. My mistake. Here, have your pizza, tuf bono. But no cake. It'll make you sick."

tuf bono ignored Bob Geldof and ate poutine pizza cake. The arteries of his Heart for Africa grew ever more clogged.

"Bob Geldof, people might want their money back if I'm alive at 33," he said anachronistically, "so, so ... reckon we can get this heart for acrifa thing happening quickly?"

"tuf bono, you know I am too decrepit for such business." Bob Geldof noticed tuf bono was dejected by this pronouncement, and passed him a slice of pizza. "However, I do know somebody ... he can join you on tour to take the song across the world and let them know it's Springtime has come. Do you know Robert Smith?"

tuf bono was startled. They had not seen each other since the last hearse race. Robert Smith, fresh from his end-of-chapter mopery, made an especially mopey entrance, eyeliner down his face in an image of pure fucking despair. Pure fucking holocaust. The author patted himself on the back for a gratuitous black metal reference and ushered Robert Smith to 150 bottles of French wine. Robert had a glass and looked at tuf bono. tuf bono had a keg of Heineken and looked at Robert.

The two liars stared each other down, and in their unified gaze, they found truth. The truth about the Heart for Acrifa. The truth about the promised land.

"we have a MESSIDGE, bobert schmidt! we must take our good news to the world! our gospel! the gospel of the heart of acrifa! come on, tuf edge, takes a second to say goodnews. strum us some strumming of the heart for acrifa!"

At this point, tuf bono exhausted his exclamation mark supply for June and the grammar gods fell upon him in a rage of #, ?, and &.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom