The (RED) Thread - Discuss Products Only! (#2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of new products has anyone else seen this site?
http://www.lovered.co.uk/ (think there's a .com as well for you US folks).
loads of amazing new stuff specially for Valentine's day. I love the Lulu Guiness handbag and there's an exclusive holiday to Africa for a mere £100,000 - for that price I'd expect Bono to come as part of the package mind :wink:

MsPurrl said:
Heck, I'd be glad to see *any* (RED) stuff in the Hallmark stores in this neck of the woods. If I go into the stores and ask if they have any (RED) products, they look at me as if I've grown another head, then lead me to the Valentine merchandise! :huh:

That's a shame. I went to the Hallmark by work last week and they had a whole half of a wall for RED. I was surprised to see all of the new products they had. The wrapping stuff looked like it was very high quality.

I ended up buying the tissue paper, the journal, and that nice RED box (with the cards in it), and some of the word ornaments (like for gift wrapping).

RED.jpg

RED002.jpg

RED001.jpg

Is the (Red) book a blank book or is it a calendar? I would LOVE to have a (Red) blank book, because I'm collecting these books. I use them to write down stuff (thoughts, poetry), when I'm travelling or going to a museum or such. It looks very conventient in size and I love the writings. Do they have (Red) pencils or pens as well?

I wish we'd have something like that here as well. :sad:

It's like a journal. The pages are blank with writing lines. I didn't see any pencils or pens, so I'm not sure.

Here's a picture of the inside.

RED003.jpg

A lot of the Hallmark products are really beautiful. There's a store in the same shopping center as my grocery store, so I need to go see what they have.

Those metal tags are cool - I bought one for someone to use as a bookmark. Haven't given it to her yet. Our mall Hallmark has half a wall dedicated to it to :up:

ramblin rose said:

I have almost everything in this picture. I love the journal! I'm moving out of state in 2 weeks for a new job so I've been using it as my to "do list" and address/email book.

I want the box of cards but I really have no use for the cards. Well I'm sure I do but I don't generally like generic cards from a package. I'd rather pick out cards specific to the person receiving it. But the box would be a really good storage box for small items. I might have to pick it up in a few weeks once I'm settled in my new place.

JCOSTER said:
my friend hung one from the mirror of car. :huh:

great idea, and so is the bookmark. I bought 8 of them. I just loves me (RED)!

Checked our Dell website yesterday and the (Red) Dell products are available here as well now. I'm really thinking about buying one since I need a new and smaller laptop, but I'm not sure.

ramblin rose said:

That's a shame. I went to the Hallmark by work last week and they had a whole half of a wall for RED. I was surprised to see all of the new products they had. The wrapping stuff looked like it was very high quality.

I ended up buying the tissue paper, the journal, and that nice RED box (with the cards in it), and some of the word ornaments (like for gift wrapping).

RED.jpg

RED002.jpg

RED001.jpg

OH WOW!!:ohmy: Im making a trip to Hallmark this week THATS FOR SURE!!!!:love:

ramblin rose said:

RED.jpg

RED002.jpg

RED001.jpg

. :ohmy: i wish you could find the Hallmark RED in stores over here or order it online. :(

So pretty though. :drool:

^ I've never heard of it...can you upload a pic?

I just read about it. As far as I could find out, it's only available from the Gap flagship store in NYC. Is that where your husband bought it?

Congrats and enjoy!

Last edited:
I recently bought some wrapping paper, I didn't know there was so much from Hallmark.

Went in to the GAP to buy some baby (RED) clothes for baby showers/births and found 3 things on clearance only.
I was told by a Gap employee that many stores weren't getting anymore (RED) product baby items.

Anyone know what's up???

Red Art, Hot Ticket
Auctions

By KATE TAYLOR
February 11, 2008

Sotheby’s

Takashi Murakami’s ‘Red Flower Ball (3D)’ is estimated to sell for between $500,000 and $700,000 at the (AUCTION) Red event hosted at Sotheby’s on Thursday night.

The scene at Sotheby's (AUCTION)RED on Thursday night will look less like the an art-world event than a fashion-week party or a movie premiere. The evening — a benefit for the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria organized jointly by Bono, Damien Hirst, Larry Gagosian, and Sotheby's — is an invitation-only affair, with a pre-sale red carpet and a deejayed afterparty.

The concept is based on (PRODUCT)RED, a campaign backed by Bono, in which a share of the profits from the sale of designated iPods, laptops, cell phones, T-shirts, etc., is donated to the Global Fund. The program has reportedly raised more than $20 million. It has also generated successful marketing campaigns for companies including Apple, the Gap, and Dell. In March 2007, the magazine Advertising Age reported that Red companies had spent $100 million on advertising and raised only $18 million. (The campaign countered that companies had spent only $50 million on advertising and raised $25 million; Advertising Age stuck by its article.)

In any case, Bono's dedication to the program attracted the attention of the art dealer Enrico Navarro, who, like Bono, has a vacation home in St. Tropez. Mr. Navarro suggested that the campaign sponsor an art auction.

"It was an idea that we had together on the beach," Mr. Navarro said by phone. "He was working on [the Red] project very hard, from the day into the evening," Mr. Navarro continued, noting that Bono was working particularly hard on the campaign's advertising. "I told him: 'Why don't we try to make a Red sale?'"

Mr. Hirst soon got involved and recruited other artists to donate work. The sale is valued between $21 million and $29 million. The works that Mr. Hirst donated, including one of his signature pill cabinets, are cumulatively valued at $13.4 million. Andreas Gursky donated an all-red photograph titled "Pyongyang IV." Other participating artists include Takashi Murakami, Cecily Brown, Richard Prince, and the British artist Banksy. Most of the artworks were produced specifically for the sale and have a red or Valentine's Day theme.

Mr. Navarro said he will encourage his clients to buy at the sale, because the quality is high.

"Some pieces will [sell for] more because it is a charity," he said, but "most of the pieces would sell in a regular auction."

The crowd of 700, however, won't look like your typical auction attendees. No doubt many of Mr. Gagosian's clients were invited, but they will mingle with entertainment figures like Michael Stipe of R.E.M., Dennis and Victoria Hopper, and supermodels Christy Turlington, Petra Nemcova, Helena Christensen, and Liya Kebede. The group The Hours and the rapper Q-Tip will entertain at the after party.

I could :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: for not calling Sothebys when I first heard of the auction! :sad:

blm said:
I recently bought some wrapping paper, I didn't know there was so much from Hallmark.

Went in to the GAP to buy some baby (RED) clothes for baby showers/births and found 3 things on clearance only.
I was told by a Gap employee that many stores weren't getting anymore (RED) product baby items.

Anyone know what's up???

Please contact: info@joinred.com

:bonodrum: :hi5: :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom