The PLEBAn Guide-EVERYTHING you need to know about picture posting and beyond...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nurse chrissi

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Advice to new PLEBAns out there

Advice to new PLEBAns out there

It seems that we have a bunch of new ladies (and men too) posting in PLEBA lately. This is a very god thing since it means that either U2 is gaining new members or PLEBA’s reputation as a great place to find good pictures and in general learn a little too much about out favorite band is growing (this one I fear)

We were all newbies here at one point in time who were just so excited and thankful that we found other like-minded people to share in the obsession with and sometimes the idea of being able to share with others becomes just a wee bit over the top (this coming from a reformed Bono perv herself)

Exhibit A of my favorite pictures when I first joined (which btw I still happen to find extremely drool-worthy)

Edge_bono_lick.jpg

and
elevation_bono4.jpg

*pictures shown as an example of the snarky comments that ensued - please simply right click/save and repost in appropriate thread
Ahrmmm…..

1. We share pictures (reemphasize the word SHARE). Most members have an account on either snapfish or Photobucket which they actually pay for. On top of that some members actually subscribe to websites in order to obtain pictures that often involves a fee as well . Hence why hotlink is such a bad thing
Repeat after me - right click and save .

2. So you too want to share pictures? Look no further than this thread. I learned from the masters :D
http://forum.interference.com/t89742.html

3. Some major event has happened in the world involving a member of the band (or associate)? Look no further than this forum. We have many talented members that will either have screen caps or actual video of an event sometimes before the night is over. If the file is a You Send It file please be courteous and re-upload the file so that others can enjoy it as well

4. Please read the FAQ Seems like a no-brainer here but it took me months to do so :reject:

5. We have VERY cool/understanding/saintly moderators here. Please take their advice when they tell you to simmer down a little. If you have questions or concerns drop them an email

6. Before posting a snarky comment about the band or associate of the band please, please, please think about what you are saying. Remember that we have no idea who is reading these posts. Even in the anonymity of a forum like this you want to be at least slightly courteous and respectful .

7. Spell check is your friend. Please bond with it. Nothing is more distressing that coming back to a post that you can no longer edit and finding out misspelled most of the words and what you wrote has been quoted many times (not that this has happened to me :shifty: a lot)

I’ll think of more I’m sure :D

Continuing onward…….How about some of the long time residents (notice how I didn’t say “mature” :wink: offer up some advice on navigating through PLEBA?

Last edited by a moderator:
Great idea Chrissi. :up:

This hasn't happened much lately but every once in a while, there would be a new member who would post a picture of Bono in Freestylin' Friday, a picture of Adam in Moobday, etc.

Please only post pictures of said band member in their designated day.

Monday - Moob Day (Larry)
Tuesday - RSOC Meeting (Adam)
Wednesday - Leather Day (Bono)
Thursday - Band Day
Friday - Freestylin' Friday (Edge)

Most people don't mind having two, three, or even a group picture in the certain assigned days, so long as the main member is featured.

For example, a picture like this -

c5d30d84.jpg

Would be great for Freestylin' Friday even though Larry is in it because Edge is the more prominant one in the picture.

But this one -

302fc842.jpg

Would be better suited for the RSOC Meetings or the band day thread.

But sometimes the thread starter only wants pictures of that particular member. It's always good to read the intros to the threads, and if you have any questions go ahead and ask. We won't bite. Most of the time.

:wave:

Last edited:
Re: Advice to new PLEBAns out there

nurse chrissi said:

Continuing onward…….How about some of the long time residents (notice how I didn’t say “mature” :wink: offer up some advice on navigating through PLEBA?

Thanks for getting this ball rolling, Chrissi!

My advice would be...if you come into a thread that for once actually has a more serious topic or intelligent discussion going on, please don't feel obligated to turn EVERY LITTLE THING into *crushing over X-Bono body part*. Sometimes the tone/mood/attitude of a thread is as important as the topic itself and I'm seeing more and more good threads die off with same old "oh, but isn't the freckle on his left lower lip corner so HOTT in that piccie?".

Also, there seems to be a lot of overlap and repetition in the picture threads, or threads that turn into picture threads. I'm not sure if much can be done about this with so many new members that aren't premium. If you ars premium, please use the search function!!

I guess the major change I've noticed has been a shift in the reality to the hypothetical. Threads were about articles, pictures, rumors, events, instead of dreams, what you would do to Bono if you had him blindfolded, where you would take Bono in your car, what you would buy him for Christmas, etc. I'm not sure how else to explain it. It's not necessarily bad, it just gets old really fast.

nurse chrissi said:
1. We share pictures (reemphasize the word SHARE). Most members have an account on either snapfish or Photobucket which they actually pay for. On top of that some members actually subscribe to websites in order to obtain pictures that often involves a fee as well . Hence why hotlink is such a bad thing - see this thread for more information http://forum.interference.com/t136029.html. Repeat after me - right click and save .

Addendum to #1 - If you're posting in THE Ali thread or AN Ali thread or need to post a pic of Bono & Ali, you MAY hotlink pictures from www.alihewson.com . forum.interference.com is on my hotlinking exceptions list and I will allow it :D

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Addendum to #1 - If you're posting in THE Ali thread or AN Ali thread or need to post a pic of Bono & Ali, you MAY hotlink pictures from www.alihewson.com . forum.interference.com is on my hotlinking exceptions list and I will allow it :D

Speaking of Ali (and Morleigh, Ann, and Susie for that matter) Most if not all people who hang out in PLEBA have a MASSIVE amount of respect for these ladies
And the people at Principle Management
And U2 friends and Associates
And the Road Crew/Security

We wouldn’t have the u2 that we know and love without these people

Chrissi... I almost started a thread like this last week :lol:

My advise:

Thread titles, thread titles, thread titles!

I mentioned this elsewhere, but here goes again

Thread titles such as

"I have a question"
"Request"
"Help"
"I was wondering"
"I need"

Are not very helpful for archival purposes if someone is looking at older threads or using the search function...

Instead, please try to be more descriptive in your titles. For example:

Request: Pictures of Bono's Chin Scar
Question about Adam's Poptart Shirt

Etc...

I am going to pin this thread at the top. Since the hotlinking thread and how to post pictures threads are mentioned here, I will unpin those ones so it is not too cluttered up there. :D

Also, please keep this thread on topic :wave: Please, no need to thank people for the advise and clutter with a ton of those posts. And if you agree with the advise, no need to post about that either! :lol: If we expect people to read this, it is best to keep this uncluttered. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this Chrissi.

This is not meant to bash anyone around here but please be careful in how you post. Talking about hidden dragons, what you'd like to do the boys maybe taking it a bit too far. Check the FAQ's out.

Also, if you really need to find pics, please remember that there are many pages filled with pics. If you can't find it by page 5, then post which pictures you would like. There's also the Miscellaneous thread too. BTW, there are other members of the band when I last checked. I know we drool excessively over Bono but we have Adam, Larry, Edge too!

Also, if you are going to post captions in the caption thread I realllllly don't want to have to wade through all the chat just to get to one picture that is captioned. You know what I mean?

Please don't take this the wrong way. It's just some suggestions.

Last edited:
Oh, I wondered why the pic posting thread had been unstickied. It's a very frequently asked question. The more pic posters we have, the better!

HOW TO POST PICS- Directions and help!:

http://forum.interference.com/t89742.html

For anyone who doesn't have their own collection to post from, or is looking to add to theirs, you are all welcome to post from my page. It's paid up through the end of the year and doesn't have a bandwidth limit that runs out and costs more money like most of the other girls' pics have. I don't care how much you post, quote post or hotlink, it's not going to cost me another cent. So go ahead and help yourselves, I'd be glad to know they, and my money, were put to good use.

http://public.fotki.com/Kittylove/

Mine are mostly Bono, and I have a large collection of older pics. I don't have many Vertigo era ones yet but I will be updating. Lots of band pics too.

Please also rightclick save all you want, these pictures deserve to be spread around. It'll be good to know somebody else has them.

Welcome to PLEBA everybody, I've been here nearly 5 years and I still can't break my addiction :crack: :wave:

Last edited:
maybe a little hint from one newb to others..
I always upload my pictures on www.imageshack.us
it's completely free,no membership and you can also use it to let them host pictures trough URLs, so you're not hotlinking ^^
the links stay good till the end of days, so no more red crosses...

As we have mentioned, certain topics are best suited for discussion amongst friends. If you only knew about 1/10th of the stuff that I have said to my online friends via private messages, you'd probably be surprised... or maybe not But just because I think these things, it doesn't mean I need the whole world to see them. More importantly, I am pretty sure the whole world does NOT want to know those things about me.

The PLEBAN Blackbook

Those pictures are rude.

Maybe instead of insulting people you could try helping them.

This (and the apostrope one) are great! Wish there was one for "you're" and "your", as well. :wink:

I can't draw on this, but can explain it:

"You're" is short for "you are."
"Your" means something that belongs to you (your coat, your DVD, your cat)

Apostrophes mean either:
1) something is possessive (like Bono's car - the car that belongs to Bono) or
2) something is missing "you're = you are" and the middle "a" is missing. "Don't" is missing the "o" from "not" as in "do not." It's squished and the apostrophe is the squish mark. :)

Plurals don't have apostrophes. One cat, two cats.

Tricky possessives: a plural possessive...just add the s for the plural and then add the apostrophe. Parents' heartattacks (the heart attacks of more than one parent. Just one parent would be "parent's heartattack").

Go to the top of the class! :D

Or tell Bono his cat had a heart attack and your parents have his car...(maybe they'll let you drive it back).

Last edited:
This (and the apostrope one) are great! Wish there was one for "you're" and "your", as well. :wink:

I can't draw on this, but can explain it:

"You're" is short for "you are."
"Your" means something that belongs to you (your coat, your DVD, your cat)

Apostrophes mean either:
1) something is possessive (like Bono's car - the car that belongs to Bono) or
2) something is missing "you're = you are" and the middle "a" is missing. "Don't" is missing the "o" from "not" as in "do not." It's squished and the apostrophe is the squish mark. :)

Plurals don't have apostrophes. One cat, two cats.

Tricky one: a plural possessive...just add the s for the plural and then add the apostrophe. " Parents' heart attack" - the heart attack of multiple parents. Just one parent would be "parent's heart attack."
Go to the top of the class! :D

Or tell Bono his cat had a heart attack and your parents have his car...(maybe they'll let you drive it back).

May I just mention again the importance of thread titles?

Good thread titles make threads easier to reference.

As cute as it is to say stuff like

Look what I found!
Help!
Request

it is not as effective as just writing the description.

I have been editing thread titles here and there, but I always feel a little bad in doing so. :reject:

Hmm, what about photobucket?
And hey, I actually think these grammar lessons are funny! :)
And maybe even helpful...

Back
Top Bottom