The Endless Edge Chat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was an interview at a sound check. The cut is from about 5 minutes in. U2 - Australian TV Special 1997 (part 3/3) - YouTube Rage Against the Machine is warming up in the background, and he just can't pay attention to the interviewer any longer!

I just watched the longer version and I rescind my tiny pogo stick comment.

It was clearly a miniature giddy-up-horsey-on-a-stick.

mmm...cowboy edge...mind wanders...

Thanks, Babyface! Glad to see Edge got his birthday party.

I wasn't sure if this gif should go here or in the Bono/Edge love one, but I decided to try it out here first. Edge totally cracks me up in this, all straightfaced with his leather jacket and his dark glasses and his banjo.

Thanks, Babyface! Glad to see Edge got his birthday party.

I wasn't sure if this gif should go here or in the Bono/Edge love one, but I decided to try it out here first. Edge totally cracks me up in this, all straightfaced with his leather jacket and his dark glasses and his banjo.

...That handshake makes me uncertain as to whether I fancy a cup of tea and some dainty biscuits or a tag-team shag with the melody section...

Captain Intensity, I love it!

Yeah, watching this for the first time after many years really made me laugh. Clearly Edge is a total stress case trying to keep the arrangement going. You can see him cueing everyone and drilling his eyes into Larry and Adam's skulls trying to make sure they are paying attention. And they just blithely play on. Bono looks like he's under strict orders to stay put. I actually made Mr Jeeves watch this even though he's not a fan, because this was exactly his role in his band. The expression is unmistakable.

Elevation is right up there with ZOO as my favorite tour to listen to live cuts. After downloading a torrent of 2001-07-10 today it took me a while to figure out why I loved it so much. It was so raw and so vital, the sound was so powerful. Finally I figured out that it's because Edge is very, very dominant in the mix. It's so great! It won't win any engineering awards but if you want a really clear idea of what Edge is doing, try it out.

http://u2torrents.com/t?id=6806

Elevation is right up there with ZOO as my favorite tour to listen to live cuts. After downloading a torrent of 2001-07-10 today it took me a while to figure out why I loved it so much. It was so raw and so vital, the sound was so powerful. Finally I figured out that it's because Edge is very, very dominant in the mix. It's so great! It won't win any engineering awards but if you want a really clear idea of what Edge is doing, try it out.

http://u2torrents.com/t?id=6806

You put the words "dominant" and "Edge" right near each other and I can't think about music right now...

This thread needs some Vertigo Edge. :hmm: A favorite Edge of mine, is Vertigo Edge.

edgecheekvertigohair.jpg~original

leatherbadvertigoedge.jpg~original

edgeprofilevertigo.jpg~original

edgebeanievertigobw1.jpg~original

edgebeanievertigobw2.jpg~original

edgeblackberry.jpg~original

edgebeercorona.jpg~original

edgemiamibeachplay.jpg~original

edgeshirtlessSaintTropezboat5-2-2006.jpg~original

edgejazzfest4-29-06frecklearms.jpg~original

edgeNewOrleansJazzfest4-29-06.jpg~original

Back