The Edge is so funny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laurent37

Acrobat
I will give you a quote from a recent interview with the Irish Times and then tell me this guy isn't the funniest man in showbusiness:

The other night he had been to a very late Christmas party. “Aren’t they weird? Almost Freudian. All this repressed stuff gets released. This guy, who I thought sort of liked me, came over to me and starting telling me what a fucker I was and how much he hated me, and how he had always hated me right from the very start.” The Edge arrives and says: “That’s no way for U2’s drummer to be talking to you.” The yin and yang of U2 look at each other and dissolve into laughter.

Another good one:

I swear this is true,” says the guitarist. “I was 16, Adam was 17. We were stuck out in Malahide without any bus fare. Adam says: ‘I know, let’s get a bank loan. That’s what banks are for.’ We went down to the Northern Bank in Malahide, but it was lunch hour and it was closed. Adam climbed up the railings and starting knocking on the window of the bank. The manager came to the window with a sandwich in his mouth. I saw the door opening and Adam going in. A few minutes later, he re-emerged and had managed to get a bank loan of £2.”

What the hell. Another one:

Bono’s been very dedicated to getting that wine and cigarettes effect on his vocal,” says Edge. “He’s selfless like that. He does it for the band and at a great personal cost!”

oh, poor Adam... :laugh:
and i love this part ↓
--Adam turned to the guy and in his posh voice offered him 50 pence if he would go away,”--

The other night he had been to a very late Christmas party. “Aren’t they weird? Almost Freudian. All this repressed stuff gets released. This guy, who I thought sort of liked me, came over to me and starting telling me what a fucker I was and how much he hated me, and how he had always hated me right from the very start.” The Edge arrives and says: “That’s no way for U2’s drummer to be talking to you.” The yin and yang of U2 look at each other and dissolve into laughter

I may be paranoid and/or oversensitive but sometimes I get the feeling that Larry and Edge have some sort of an issue with each other. cannot really explain it...

^ it's nothing. don't mind me - I'm overworked and I need vacation and I'm rambling. I shouldn't have said anything. I'm sure they're best of friends.
I'm shutting up now. sorry...

well, i am interested about that too :wink:

besides, why don't they provide the photos of the interview??
I wanna see bono and edge in the study so bad~~~ :sad:

Back
Top Bottom