The Edge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
edgenbonosing4.jpg

edgenbonosing3.jpg

edgenbonosing2.jpg

By the way Earl-of-IMDb... is that your guitar in your avi? It looks a little like one of my husbands guitars.

Can't believe no one has posted this. IMO this is THE definitive picture of Edge being Badass...

popedge-1.jpg

:rockon:

:up: well if it's a good guitar that's all that matters!

Good is good. But yeah, really... if the guitar plays well and sounds well, that is 'key'.

Although, it is nice to have a guitar that is EXACTLY like The Edge's... down to make, model and vintage... not a bad thing...

...such as a 1976 Gibson Limited Edition Explorer... like this:

583c.jpg

ce01.jpg

dc29.jpg

l_890602d901eaf62fd6b3dc2342035bca.jpg

A black Washburn acoustic like Bono useding during The Joshua Tree tour?
l_b32e163c774807870f21e9a771387d2f.jpg

And a Taylor acoustic signed by Daniel Lanois ain't half bad either. :applaud:

Taylor-2002-306GB-2-autographed_by_.jpg

Taylor-2002-306GB-1.jpg

Nice guitars there EdgeO! :drool:

My husband treats his guitars like babies too :wink: they all have special names too.

And yes it's how they play is one of the keys. I know for him anyways, he must 1st fall in love with the way it plays before he owns it, after that he has them set up custom for him too which makes him love them even more :lol:

:wink: I share a room with a Gibson Les Paul, Gibson Les Paul Junior Billy Joe Armstrong Edition, a Fender Telecaster, and a Gibson Explorer. (also an Ovation accoustic) And I fear another baby will soon be joining the family soon :uhoh:

I ought to take some photos :hmm:

Not anymore sadly :( I used to be able to play back in the early 80's because I practiced then. I can play piano though still, but not beautifully because I don't practice that either. But I can play October for U2 if they need any help next tour :wink:

Oh cool thats a nice piece...it sounds like its on minor chords? if not mistaken. I am trying to master I Still havent found what im lookin fo' and I can play Gloria is so simple on guitar.

Holy shit Edge O! :ohmy::faint: I'd never see any reason to leave my house with a 76 explorer just lying around. Once I have the money thats the one im going for. I had a chance to play one at Rudy's, Rudy's is the guitar shop Edge went to in an interview a couple years back. Anyway it was the best guitar I've ever played, the amazing action and tone would make anybody want this guitar. You are so lucky......meanwhile im stuck with a cheap strat knock-off and might possibly get my cousin's rickenbacker knock-off.

Oh cool thats a nice piece...it sounds like its on minor chords? if not mistaken. I am trying to master I Still havent found what im lookin fo' and I can play Gloria is so simple on guitar.

Actually on guitar yes, I know it starts with an A minor, but on the piano it is not. :hmm:

Btw, how heavy is a real Explorer?
I have a replica and the damn thing ripped the guitar hook off the wall.

Holy shit Edge O! :ohmy::faint: I'd never see any reason to leave my house with a 76 explorer just lying around. Once I have the money thats the one im going for. I had a chance to play one at Rudy's, Rudy's is the guitar shop Edge went to in an interview a couple years back. Anyway it was the best guitar I've ever played, the amazing action and tone would make anybody want this guitar. You are so lucky......meanwhile im stuck with a cheap strat knock-off and might possibly get my cousin's rickenbacker knock-off.

Here's the video in case anyone wants to see it:

YouTube - New York Tumble - Edge in Guitar Shops

Back
Top Bottom