The 27 Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
The link to Eve Hewson's film The 27 Club had just been activated:

http://www.the27clubmovie.com/

There's a trailer and lots of other stuff. She appears to have a big part (3rd billing). The movie premieres this Saturday at the Tribeca Film Festival.

Wonder who might be there?:hmm:

thanks for the info and the link
they spelled Hewson wrong and they didn't mention anything about her in fun film facts.
The movie does look good.
and, she looks just like her mother in the car photo- wow!
thanks again for the info

They must be trying to play down who Eve is. The movie website has no info on her in the meet the cast section. I wonder if that means Bono won't go to the premier?

Dana

^^ Maybe they don't want a mob scene at the premiere.
You know, Bono probably won't be there since this is Eve's big night. He wouldn't want to take away the spotlight from her I am guessing. He strikes me like that kind of father. What a guy!
I mean think about it, if he showed up.... all the focus would be on him and he wouldn't want that I don't think.
Maybe her mom and sisters will show up though! I bet they will!

I was thinking that maybe the reason he wouldn't be there is that if they do manage to slip her under the radar without anybody pointing out that she is Bono's daughter it will give a chance for her performance to be judged by the public on her own merits. It would be great if the first reviews come out before news of who she is hits the public.

Dana

Here's another pic

eve27club.jpg

rihannsu said:
I was thinking that maybe the reason he wouldn't be there is that if they do manage to slip her under the radar without anybody pointing out that she is Bono's daughter it will give a chance for her performance to be judged by the public on her own merits. It would be great if the first reviews come out before news of who she is hits the public.

Dana

Yes, that's a very good point! I hope she enjoys some recognition on her own too!
I bet she is a great actress.

Yes, that may be the reason why her name was (deliberately?) misspelled on that web-site. They want to protect her and/or allow her to be her own star.

However:

Where the frick are the New York PLEBANs? Surely someone should be at the Premiere just in case? No? :hyper:

Last edited:
biff said:
The link to Eve Hewson's film The 27 Club had just been activated:

http://www.the27clubmovie.com/

There's a trailer and lots of other stuff. She appears to have a big part (3rd billing). The movie premieres this Saturday at the Tribeca Film Festival.

Wonder who might be there?:hmm:

Have you all noticed that Eve's not even included in the 'Meet the cast'? :eyebrow:

http://forum.interference.com/showt...&perpage=15&highlight=eve hewson&pagenumber=1

upon looking at the clip, I remembered this pic from 2006 where xtal posted a pic of Eve, I knew it was her ((a friend that is in her circle of friends sent me the pic) , but a lot of others doubted and that boy she is with in the pic looks like the boy in the clip driving the car!!!

so Im assuming that this pic was between shoots or something, maybe...

ce35cc8b.jpg

Last edited:
Awwww, I am so proud! She is lovely and the film seems quite good actually.

On another note: Joe Anderson ............ :drool: :drool: :drool:

BonoFox1 said:
http://forum.interference.com/showt...&perpage=15&highlight=eve hewson&pagenumber=1

upon looking at the clip, I remembered this pic from 2006 where xtal posted a pic of Eve, I knew it was her ((a friend that is in her circle of friends sent me the pic) , but a lot of others doubted and that boy she is with in the pic looks like the boy in the clip driving the car!!!

so Im assuming that this pic was between shoots or something, maybe...

ce35cc8b.jpg

:up: I think you are absolutely correct, BonoFox!

Hey guys
Did you notice that Alexis Gilmore's picture in the website was taken from some Edun/One event? Does anybody know if she has any relation with the family?

Lari said:
Hey guys
Did you notice that Alexis Gilmore's picture in the website was taken from some Edun/One event? Does anybody know if she has any relation with the family?

Edun and One are listed in the movie credits... so ther emust be some kinda connection here...

What's this movie about?

I'm not going to the site, because it's probably one of those Flash-heavy sites that takes forever to load, right? Movie websites usually are. :(

Rachel D. said:
What's this movie about?

I'm not going to the site, because it's probably one of those Flash-heavy sites that takes forever to load, right? Movie websites usually are. :(

From the Tribeca site description of the film:

[TCLUB] | 2008 | 85 min | Feature Narrative

Directed by: Erica Dunton

World Premiere

Interests: Drama, Drugs, Female Directors, Music, Road Trip

Moods: 8 Alienated, Austere, Druggy, Eccentric, Irreverent, Languid, Musical, Poignant

www.the27clubmovie.com
Cast & Credits
Director: Erica Dunton
Principal Cast: Joe Anderson, Dave Emrich, James Forgey, Alexie Gilmore, David Sherrill
Screenwriter: Erica Dunton
Producer: Erica Dunton, Chiara Trento
Executive Producer: William J.B. Brady
Director of Photography: Stephen Thompson
Production Designer: Chad Keith
Composer: Michael Tremante

Program Notes
"When Kurt Cobain died in 1994, The New York Times reported that his mother Wendy O'Connor said, ""Now he's gone and joined that stupid club."" That would be the 27 Club, the exclusive domain of rock stars who shuffled off at age 27. Its charter members-Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, and Jim Morrison (Robert Johnson, ex officio)-have been joined by members of Badfinger, Big Star, Canned Heat, The Grateful Dead, Hole, The Minutemen, and The Stooges, among others. Now Los Angeles rock star Eliot Kerrigan (Joe Anderson of Across the Universe and Control) is dealing with the overdose of his partner Tom Wallace (James Forgey) at the age of 27 by dodging the fans, buying a case of drugs, and hiring a square young grocery clerk (David Emrich) to drive him home to Joplin, Missouri to deliver a note left on a Post-it to Tom's strict military father (David Sherrill), who holds Eliot responsible for his son's death. Along the way they pick up a hitchhiking Irish student, Stella (Eve Hewson), who recognizes Eliot but keeps it to herself. After a run-in with a homeless man (Jimmy Hager), the trio continues on to New York City. Told with economy and restraint by writer/director Erica Dunton (Find Love) and with austere cinematography by Stephen Thompson (Hounddog), The 27 Club is an engaging spin on the road picture that humanizes a familiar tale without psychobabble, reimaging the American highway as an avenue for mourning and forgiveness. "

Following the April 28th screening, American Express ® Cardmembers are invited to a complimentary after movie reception at the American Express Insider Center located at 27 Union Square West, Union Square Ballroom. Details to be provided at the theater!

---Genna Terranova
Film Updates
Want updates on 27 Club and more? » Sign up for updates Erica Dunton

About
Erica Dunton graduated with a law degree and then attended The National Film and Television School in the UK. Her first feature, Find Love, premiered at Slamdance in 2006 and won awards for best independent vision at the Sarasota Film Festival; best actor, director, and script at DIBA Barcelona Festival; best feature at River Run Festival; and best actress at Vail. Lionsgate's Maple acquired the film for theatrical and DVD rights. She is the daughter of celebrated cinematographer and camera technician Joe Dunton and shares her father's passion for film, photography, and storytelling.

=================================
Hope this helps.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom