The 2014 Oscars chat thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It wasn't as good as the Fallon version, no. But it was pretty super for a 2 minute awards show performance. Cheers to Bono for always, always performing like Bono.

Also, fuzzy Edge arms! squeeee!!!

I agree I liked Fallons version a tad better..but was still awesome! and another standing ovation from the crowd! Love Bono and the boys they make me proud to be a U2 fan!!:applaud:

I expected grandiose. A small beggining with a complete band and heavy drums at the end. They are a rock band, a loud, stadium rock band, maybe the biggest of them all. Dont like too much this low key presentation on such a big show.

Aww, I'm ridiculous for liking the Fallon performance better. :(

Guess I'll take my ball and go home.

They're not gonna win.

I'm always wrong.

They aren't, but it's all good.

Also, another forum I visit was just on a MASSIVE U2 hate train. Sort of hilarious how much hate there was haha, but I guess it comes with the territory of being a fan of this band.

Wow, some of you guys are ridiculous. It was an amazing performance.

I agree that the performance was good.
Still, no need to call people ridiculous only because they have different opinion than yours :)

well, they had a chance to hit it out of the park and prove they still got it.

and they punted :doh:

I disagree.

This award show gives them about 2 minutes. No time for elaborate set-ups. No time for a slow dramatic build-up. Unless it's a pop song like "Happy" which starts bouncing from the very start, I felt this was about as good as it will get.

Given this is a slow song, I'm not sure what you were expecting.

I agree that the performance was good.
Still, no need to call people ridiculous only because they have different opinion than yours :)
I didn't. I'm criticising those people that are suggesting that the band failed to perform well. It astounds me how much negativity seems to be injected into a forum that is supposedly dedicated to enjoying and respecting the work of a set group of people.

I disagree.

This award show gives them about 2 minutes. No time for elaborate set-ups. No time for a slow dramatic build-up. Unless it's a pop song like "Happy" which starts bouncing from the very start, I felt this was about as good as it will get.

Given this is a slow song, I'm not sure what you were expecting.

I didn't. I'm criticising those people that are suggesting that the band failed to perform well. It astounds me how much negativity seems to be injected into a forum that is supposedly dedicated to enjoying and respecting the work of a set group of people.

The performance was amazing given the small setup and space they were given to work with. And Bono's vocals were really surprising. He sang like it was an arena packed with fans, not a theater stuffed with Hollywood suits and starlets. :heart:

bono sounded great and worked the stage....larry sounded great!!! stripped down but rich, he and adam were awesome. i like this version better than fallon because it had more rhythm sextion :up:

Agreed on L&A, and the standup kit especially. I was watching on a very shitty feed and the RS seemed low, but I look forward to hearing a proper reposting.

BhxdZyJIQAAVZm2.jpg

:applaud:

Back
Top Bottom