Southerby's Host Damien Hirst's Auction Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bono-1a.jpg

Looks like Bono intends to be in New York on September 25th.

Taoiseach Brian Cowen, Minister for Foreign Affairs Micheál Martin and Minister of State for Overseas Development Peter Power will join members of the Hunger Taskforce, including Bono and economist Jeffrey Sachs, at the launch at UN headquarters in New York.

UN Secretary General to attend Irish hunger taskforce launch - The Irish Times - Mon, Sep 15, 2008

The jacket is interesting. It looks to me like there are supposed to be feathers reaching over the shoulders. Maybe there are wings on the back. Are there any pictures of him from behind?

Thanks for all the pictures, everyone! :applaud:

Hahahaa, love your new avatar, so appropriate!! :applaud:

And I have agreed with you, Bonos new boots do look like they're a size or three too large!! :lol: But maybe that might have something to do with the shape of the soul, the toe ends look very narrow and tapered and therefore you always need a shoe that's a size or two bigger than usual. :wink:
Actually, I'm pretty sure that Bono sometimes wears boots too big for his feet, to make them look bigger. I think he did it on ZooTV too.

I just heard on our biggest radio station that a couple wrote an e-mail saying that they were in London this last weekend and saw Bono in a night club. They said he was short but very charismatic.

They needed to mention that he was short? People are weird.

No offense meant to your report about that Last Unicorn! Just commenting on the peoples description of him. ;)

Thanks for this pic! :wave: I'd really love to see the back of this jacket, coz the pattern is looks like wing feathers or something!! :hmm:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Actually, I'm pretty sure that Bono sometimes wears boots too big for his feet, to make them look bigger. I think he did it on ZooTV too.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case! :lol: I'm well aware of Bono's dislike of his tiny feet!! :wink:

They needed to mention that he was short? People are weird.

No offense meant to your report about that Last Unicorn! Just commenting on the peoples description of him. ;)

No problem. I thought that as well, but I found it funny. I think people who don't know much about Bono and U2 are often surprised to find out how short he really is.

Did I read correctly, that Bono will be in NYC on September 25? If I got to see him again in the city, that would make it 25, 26, and the 27th; 3 years in a row!!!
:faint::faint::faint:

From the UN website:
25 Sept
8:15 – 8:45am
ECOSOC
Chamber
LAUNCH OF HUNGER
COMMISSION REPORT
• Launch of Irish Hunger
Commission Report.
Proposed events on UN premises on 25th
September are pending approval from
the Office of the Secretary-General.
Ireland, UN Special
Advisor on the MDGs and
Earth Institute at Columbia
University
UN agencies, Heads of
State/Government, Gov’t
representatives,
NGOs/CSOs, private
sector, UN Goodwill
Ambassadors.

Did I read correctly, that Bono will be in NYC on September 25? If I got to see him again in the city, that would make it 25, 26, and the 27th; 3 years in a row!!!

From the UN website:
25 Sept
ECOSOC
Chamber
LAUNCH OF HUNGER
COMMISSION REPORT
• Launch of Irish Hunger
Commission Report.
the Office of the Secretary-General.
Ireland, UN Special
Advisor on the MDGs and
Earth Institute at Columbia
University
UN agencies, Heads of
State/Government, Gov’t
representatives,
NGOs/CSOs, private
sector, UN Goodwill
Ambassadors.

OH!! JC!! he is going to be on your turf!! :shifty:

I want to go, but it's at 8:15 am. Why so early? I definitly don't have to work that day, but with it being so early I'm going to have to get up early. It's a 2 hour commute.

omgg well what time!? Thursday...i geto ut at 1235! omg omg omg omg omg
JC are you gonna go

From the UN website:
25 Sept
ECOSOC
Chamber
LAUNCH OF HUNGER
COMMISSION REPORT
• Launch of Irish Hunger
Commission Report.