Request: Band Members Playing Other Instruments

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This thread is proof that drumming makes everyone happy. I can confirm that.

Er, except maybe the drummer himself? :lol:

Great thread! Yeah, I love the Edge drumming on the Beautiful Day shoot too--- and Larry (and Sam Sullivan?) sniggering :cute:

Eh, any more Adam pics?

WOW!!! AIWIY too?

oh, I had this pic of Adam in a backyard playing an acoustic guitar, but now I changed my compy. Or maybe it was an acoustic bass?

WOW!!! AIWIY too?

oh, I had this pic of Adam in a backyard playing an acoustic guitar, but now I changed my compy. Or maybe it was an acoustic bass?

:hmm: In a backyard? I do have a pic or 2 of him with acoustic bass guitars. OH I just thought of a few more pics which could qualify here...

Bass yes, but not his traditional instrument...

adamstandupbass2.jpg

adamstandupbass1.jpg

larrybonodrums2.jpg

THIS.
Now, is there a bootleg mp3 of whatever song they're playing?
I'd love to hear Bono's drumming now that I've seen it.

They aren't playing a song in this one, it was actually on Larry's birthday. He is saying thank you to the crowd and I guess Bono is resting from all that running around the heart. :wink:

"Larry turns 40 today, and Bono leads the crowd in singing 'Happy Birthday'. A cake and champagne are brought on stage. Larry thanks the crowd from Bono's mic while Bono briefly sits at Larry's drums."

U2 Setlist - Providence - Oct 31, 2001 - U2tours.com

They aren't playing a song in this one, it was actually on Larry's birthday. He is saying thank you to the crowd and I guess Bono is resting from all that running around the heart. :wink:

"Larry turns 40 today, and Bono leads the crowd in singing 'Happy Birthday'. A cake and champagne are brought on stage. Larry thanks the crowd from Bono's mic while Bono briefly sits at Larry's drums."

Thanks. :)

There is a recording somewhere though that does have Bono on drums and Larry singing. It is from an earlier tour, either JT, LT or Zoo. I have it somewhere, I just need to find it.

Sorry! I just saw your post after I posted :D

Ok I found it. :wave: Bono on drums and Larry on lead vocals. I'll upload it for anyone who wants it but some of you may already have it. September 29, 1989 Stand By Me. Bono and Larry switch places about half way through, Bono attempts a drum solo at the end, loses a drumstick and finishes with one stick. :wink:

So Bono can play drums. ;)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8jjp0g

Back
Top Bottom