Q Magazine: Lennon & Me by Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Macca is always utterly adorable!! :cute::heart:
I had the pleasure of seeing him live at the 400 years bday of Quebec city, 3h away from where I live 2 summers ago, and the memory will stay with moi forever!! :heart: It's a once in a lifetime thing really, for the younger generation!:heart:

Looooved what he said!!:applaud:

:lol: It looks like they were able to read Paul McCartney's handwriting! That really cracks me up, that Bono's is so bad they just scanned it and left it at that. :wink:

Not from the magazine but cool anyway! :wink:

lenbon.jpg

I'm not sure if this was posted anywhere - I searched and couldn't find it....

bonolennon.jpg

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR SHARING THIS :love::love::love: This is an AMAZING photo!!!! :drool::drool: You can see every little piece of his stubble :faint: every little freckle :combust:
And to his writing I only say: WTF??? :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: It looks like they were able to read Paul McCartney's handwriting! That really cracks me up, that Bono's is so bad they just scanned it and left it at that. :wink:

:laugh: yeah, his was the only one scanned in. I feel like we should email Q with the 'translation' and ask "was it really so difficult?:wink:"

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
We totally should!! If there's a comment section, someone should totally post it on Q's website:lol:

they have an email for their letter section each week :hmm: I feel like we need to tell them and be like "duh, it's so obvious it clearly says this..." :laugh:

they have an email for their letter section each week :hmm: I feel like we need to tell them and be like "duh, it's so obvious it clearly says this..." :laugh:

Yes! :lol:
And then clearly sign at the bottom of our letter "PLEBA, Interference.com" or something:cute:

Who wants to send it?!:applaud:

I know I'm gushing all over the place here, and I'm not contributing in any way to the thread:lol: but having U2 in one's life really brightens it up! :heart: Bono is my voice of reason, because I've got countless :doh: moments where I've realized invaluable life lessons from his lyrics:cute: U2 bring moi to tears, makes me laugh like a nutcase *points to spanking thread:lol:* and generally speaking, just "elevate my soul"

Gosh, I'll go present myself in the newbies section, coz I've never done it, before the end of next week:D

And why not as many time is my custom when such a strong U2-Beatles connection comes up i post this link -> A Synthesis of U2 and The Beatles, for your bashing or admiration, there it is, if you want to spend some time reading something silly, or profound. And remember it is more about the 3rd band at this point than about The Beatles (1st), or U2 (2nd). Note: that version is outdated, I wish i had time to do a new full fledged vision. Take care, and again: www.TheEthrealConection.com

I know I'm gushing all over the place here, and I'm not contributing in any way to the thread:lol: but having U2 in one's life really brightens it up! :heart: Bono is my voice of reason, because I've got countless :doh: moments where I've realized invaluable life lessons from his lyrics:cute: U2 bring moi to tears, makes me laugh like a nutcase *points to spanking thread:lol:* and generally speaking, just "elevate my soul"

Oh, please, gush away :). You're in the right place to do such a thing. Especially since many here can say the very same thing about U2's music, Bono's lyrics, and such. I honestly don't know what life without U2 would be like, and I really don't want to know.

I can pretty much find a U2 relation to almost anything under the sun:lol:

*Holds out hand* Join the club :D. You know that "six degrees of separation" game? Um, yeah, I can do that with U2, as well as with other stuff I like, frighteningly well. I don't even need six degrees most of the time :p. The stuff I like has a bizarre way of-I don't know if this the right word, but it's almost...incestuous-connecting, LOL.

Thanks for the scans of the articles and stuff, people. Loved reading the Paul McCartney bit, too-can tell he's still got an admiration and love for his fellow bandmate all these years later :hug:. That's good to see. Sounds like this is a really great tribute to John's legacy.

Angela

Oh, please, gush away :). You're in the right place to do such a thing. Especially since many here can say the very same thing about U2's music, Bono's lyrics, and such. I honestly don't know what life without U2 would be like, and I really don't want to know.

Life as I know it would come to an end:ohmy:
"Love is blindness
I don't want to see"
Because I'm quite happy wearing my green coloured glasses through which I see the world! :lol::D

The stuff I like has a bizarre way of-I don't know if this the right word, but it's almost...incestuous-connecting, LOL.
:lol::lol::lol: Don't you worry, you aren't alone in that boat!:wink:

Lennon's legacy lives on:heart:

*Holds out hand* Join the club :D. You know that "six degrees of separation" game? Um, yeah, I can do that with U2, as well as with other stuff I like, frighteningly well. I don't even need six degrees most of the time :p. The stuff I like has a bizarre way of-I don't know if this the right word, but it's almost...incestuous-connecting, LOL.

Thanks for the scans of the articles and stuff, people. Loved reading the Paul McCartney bit, too-can tell he's still got an admiration and love for his fellow bandmate all these years later :hug:. That's good to see. Sounds like this is a really great tribute to John's legacy.

Angela
Joins Club too!!!:reject:, plays the Kevin Bacon Game:wink:

Incestuous connection!!!!:eeklaugh:

Hehe :shrug:. Just seemed the most appropriate word I could think of. It's really weird how everything I like has some sort of connection. But of course, that would explain why I like the things and people I do...

Glad I'm not the only one who experiences that, though :).

Life as I know it would come to an end:ohmy:
"Love is blindness
I don't want to see"
Because I'm quite happy wearing my green coloured glasses through which I see the world! :lol::D

LOL, hey, nothing wrong with that. We need all sorts of ways to look at the world.

Lennon's legacy lives on:heart:

As well it should. He contributed a lot of fantastic music and art and thoughts to this world, his contributions should be honored and admired. And thanks to his influence, we've seen many other talented people come along as a result, four Irish guys included :p.

Angela

I love what you wrote :heart: I completely agree with you. They elevate my soul :) :cute: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom