Q Magazine (December 2011)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was rather clear they were nervous, and Terry not being able to do his thing was a bit of an issue in the first few songs too. So that probably fuelled their nervousness even more. I assume Bono ripping out of his pants again didn't do his ego good. :wink:
It was a good performance, sure, but it was not the performance they hoped for.

Yeah, but the band is hardly ever satisfied with anything. I understand the sentiment and why they are critical, but I still think Q should be able to give a little more objective view here without just repeating what the band is saying. I don't think the show was as disappointing for fans and many people in the audience as they make it sound in the article.

I think Q is so much up the band's - and in particular Bono's ass (I'm sorry) that they sometimes fail to take stuff he's saying with the necessary grain of salt.

Apart from that, it's a nice article, especially the intro about the turbulent flight. "I'm gay!" :lol:

I hate some of the doom and gloom feeling the writer is putting into that article, I really hate what they say about Glastonbury because it's simply not true. They make it sound like things have been going downhill for the band this year which is simply ridiculous. Given the unfortunate circumstances of their performance that night, they did an incredible job in Glasto. It wasn't their audience, they had a lot to lose. Bono couldn't move because the stage was slippery like ice and he still put on a great show, even though the elements were clearly against him and some clowns in the audience almost started a riot by putting on a ridiculous anti-U2 protest. It WAS a difficult night for U2 but they did great and I still consider it to be one of their best performances because it was a brave move to perform at that festival, and the whole performance showed them as human beings, vulnerable and all.

Q pushed and hyped the U2 performance like crazy and now it's suddenly "terribly disappointing"? What's that crap supposed to be? :|
That's exactly what I thought.Band may be unhappy with Glasto,ok,but in the beginning of the article,it's the journalist who writes that "Glasto-was- supposed-to-be-a-big-bang-but-then-Coldplay-came-and ....blah,blah...." and later it's Q's question:"Glasto was a big dissapointment,what happened?" At least it could have been frazed like a question,was Glasto a dissapointment not stating it like a everybodys oppinion.

On the shadeless picture, Bono does, for a change, look a lot less photoshopped than usually, you can even see his freckles. And he looks like he's supposed to look at his age.

He DOES look a bit like a creepy crazy guy in that picture though :reject:

He looks like he's doing an "I'm Wearing the Guyliner and I am Fucking BADASS" pose. Thankfully, without the actual guyliner. :wink:

he's going for the deranged Johnny Rotten look, but nah he can't fool me :cute:

Look , I was there at Glasto, U2 did great under circumstances. I saw Coldplay.. they did great but it was Coldplay.. They have a lot of mid tempo sing-along songs, but I don't think they did better than last time I saw them at a festival. Their set was good but overrated. It was exactly the same as the month before :shrug:
I think they are throwing to much shit at U2 for this tough, they are all acting like it sucked, but it didn't. They got the crowd going and everyone loved it. I was there, the reporter obviously wasn't.

And in the end, Beyonce kicked both their arses. She was the overall DESERVED winner. And that comes from a diehard U2 fan who never liked her. :reject: Untill that day.

The subscribers copy this month has shadless Bono as the cover. I want that, too :shifty:

First of all...thank you very much Mephy!!

I got those scans and I did some photoshop on them...here we go:

FC3C4.jpg

Y2B9J.jpg

fIqpP.jpg

LemIy.jpg

JjMhe.jpg

:drool:

:ohmy: Ooh i want to see that.

I'll scan the page with the info about it :) I think I might subscribe for my birthday :lol: I buy this magazine enough to justify it and there's apparently more U2 in next months issue, too!:up:

Oh wait, I meant it was this shadeless Bono pic from the magazine, not a new pic :reject:

I wasn't sure if this should go in the magazine thread Comet started or not, since it's new. If it should have, let me know and I'll put new things in there from now on :)

lyxlO.jpg

Edge appears to have some kind of sexy belt buckle going on. :up:

And GASP there is a hole in his jeans. Have we seen that since Rattle & Hum? *mourns the loss of her favourite hole in his Rattle & Hum jeans*

thank you for scanning this!

I don't get why the interviewer said that about Glastonbury. I watched it live and thought they were amazing that night.

Edge appears to have some kind of sexy belt buckle going on. :up:

And GASP there is a hole in his jeans. Have we seen that since Rattle & Hum? *mourns the loss of her favourite hole in his Rattle & Hum jeans*

I thought it looks like he's wearing Bono's Glastonbury belt buckle. :shifty:

:wink: Because ya know it isn't like they're all opposed to belt buckle sharing. *cough Bono Adam*

I'll scan the page with the info about it :) I think I might subscribe for my birthday :lol: I buy this magazine enough to justify it and there's apparently more U2 in next months issue, too!:up:

Oh wait, I meant it was this shadeless Bono pic from the magazine, not a new pic :reject:

That's the pic I figured you meant, but I still wanna see it on the cover. :)

Actually I wanna see it my hands. :wink:

When I saw it, I thought I was dreaming. Comet and I share dreams where we come across awesome U2 books, magazines and the like. I thought I was in the middle of one of those mirages.

Back
Top Bottom