Q magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, then maybe he should wear red eyeliner. :hmm:

Or none at all. :ohmy:

What's wrong with Bono simply letting us see his face - without shades or makeup?

I personally like it that way....and I wish that the marketer$$ saw it that way also.

Just my opinion - not trying to get into a big discussion. Take care. :wink:

imo only punk guys wear eyeliner..and they're usually teen bands like Fallout Boy and Panic a tthe disco. it looks weird on him. I don't see why he feels the need to associate with young teenage bands. They're so much better than that.

I don't wear it anyway..

Well... :hmm: Bono also pierced both his ears back when that was strictly a NO NO for men, it just wasn't done. He's never been afraid to do things that people don't approve of, in their opinion.

(and I'm not arguing with you Gg :hug: just my opinion too :wave: )

Fixed :wink:

u2promopic08.jpg

Gah this blows up very well :drool: May very well be next weeks screen saver :wink:

"The singers eyes. He wants to get in character, it's dramatic. You know I think at the beginning of every campaign he experiments with a few different things to bring it alive again. I think we're still um working it up a bit, I mean we're not totally premedatated and planned out, but I think you know it is 4 years on since the last record and I think you know you have to move on, um you have to slightly make it look different to the last time. I think we're adding a bit more color, a bit more texture, there's you know some of the North African influences, you know it's got a little bit more color and rhythm and fun to what we're doing, so I think you'll gradually see as we do more photo sessions and videos that we get away from black t-shirt look. That's the aspiration."

---Adam

:sexywink:

(not the entire narrative, but an excerpt)

"The singers eyes. He wants to get in character, it's dramatic. You know I think at the beginning of every campaign he experiments with a few different things to bring it alive again. I think we're still um working it up a bit, I mean we're not totally premedatated and planned out, but I think you know it is 4 years on since the last record and I think you know you have to move on, um you have to slightly make it look different to the last time. I think we're adding a bit more color, a bit more texture, there's you know some of the North African influences, you know it's got a little bit more color and rhythm and fun to what we're doing, so I think you'll gradually see as we do more photo sessions and videos that we get away from black t-shirt look. That's the aspiration."

---Adam

:sexywink:

(not the entire narrative, but an excerpt)

:yes::up:

He might not wear it for the tour but who the hell cares!!! I mean we FINALLY HAVE MOVEMENT/ACTION regarding the new release!! I'M STOKED!!:yippie:

It's Brielpoort, Deinze, Belgium 10-24-1981

and supposedly there was something wrong with Edge's eye that night, but he says he can't remember what it was anymore.

check out Philippe Carly's site. Lots of great old photos :up:

:wink:
Mine gave out altogether

They're definately glamourous.

:) :heart: :yes:

And as for the debate on make-up and eye-liner and earrings and whatnot, it's all ever so rock n' roll and you guys know it. Ok sure he looks mmm 'mature' and debauched but in a much healthier (less wasted and brain-adled) way than Keith Richards and a BIT less camp than Johnny Depp.

That's my two cents :wink:

Do you know the date and/or location of that show? Wonder what deal was that night... Halloween or Edge was just feeling playful?

In 2005 when we were meeting Edge, DSmith had a one of these old pics of him and asked him what the deal was with the patch that night. Edge looked at the pic and smiled (so cute!) he said "Oh I had an eye infection (but at the same same he kept pointing to his eye). We all laughed, maybe because he looked dramatic when he explained it :D

Back
Top Bottom