Q magazine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to email them and find out when they send them to the US stores.

I used to get Q magazine all the time when I lived in NYC just go to one of the big newstand store ...I think it's top level of Grand Central Station walking west which connects out to a building on Madison Ave and 44th or 45th street....they'll have the magazine sometime next week..I wish I still lived there I'll just have to hpefully find a similar store in Washington D.C. that sells Q

Barnes and Nobles bookstores might have it if not next week ..the week after

I used to get Q magazine all the time when I lived in NYC just go to one of the big newstand store ...I think it's top level of Grand Central Station walking west which connects out to a building on Madison Ave and 44th or 45th street....they'll have the magazine sometime next week..I wish I still lived there I'll just have to hpefully find a similar store in Washington D.C. that sells Q

Barnes and Nobles bookstores might have it if not next week ..the week after

I bought the last Q issue with U2 at Barnes and Noble here in the DC area, and you are right, buzzkill, it is about 2 or 3 weeks behind the issue date. So I'll start checking at the end of next week, and let you know when I find it!

Pics.

202.jpg

203.jpg

204.jpg

Lookin good! :drool:

Thanks so much for the Q pics windylad and Sicy .

I think Q will be on sale in the US somewhere between the 5th and the 12th of Jan.
The cover for non subscribers will probably be covered in text :yuck: obstructing the sweet goodness of our guys .

BonoFox , your avatar is deliciously evil . :drool:

YUP! I'm waiting for it anxiously!!:hyper: and I agree Trinity about the wording on the pics, hopefully we will find some with out or some awesome PLEBAn will be able to remove the words from the pics.

and Thank you about the avatar ;)

Sicy do you want a copy? I'm going to the bookstore today to see if it's out - if it is I can get copies :yes:

I would hate to take a copy from you, if I can get it myself. I'd rather someone who absolutely cant get it get a copy. But if you do get plenty extra I would gladly paypal you the $$ to cover the costs!

Do you U.S. people know where we can get a copy?

I see this magazine at Borders and Barnes and Noble each month. But it's generally a few weeks after it comes out. So I'm really not expecting to see this until mid Jan if it's coming out in England/Europe this week.

Do you U.S. people know where we can get a copy?

Borders carries it. Check if you have any private magazine/news stands where you live. There's one in a mall here in San Diego that has a bigger magazine selection even then Borders. They even carry Hot Press which I can't find anywhere else.

wow I am a slow typer :lol:

Sicy do you want a copy? I'm going to the bookstore today to see if it's out - if it is I can get copies :yes:

I'm still thinking that if this is a January issue for the UK that we will not see it here in the US until Febuary....but I'll look anyway..

And Wayne! "IF" you are able to get a few copies today, I will definately buy one off of you and like Sicy pay you for the copy the shipping and the trouble of going through the process:D

****Or anyone in the UK..Please PM me if you can get a hold of an extra copy (same deal)******

Let me know ;)

In that case then I can get some extra copies too, even though it sounds like we wont get them for a while.

I wonder if the employees of the bookstores would know when they are coming out.

I see this magazine at Borders and Barnes and Noble each month. But it's generally a few weeks after it comes out. So I'm really not expecting to see this until mid Jan if it's coming out in England/Europe this week.

I agree! we probably won't see it in the US until like Feb......eitherway my offer still stands that If I get a hold of an amount of copies I'd be glad to send some to other countries that might have to wait longer ;)

Oh wow, these look absolutely fantastic! :drool: Thanks Sicy so much for posting them!! :bow: This is so exciting!!! :hyper:

I've finally taken the plunge and went and applied for a debit/credit card at my bank so that I can subscribe to Q, coz being stuck out here in the back of beyond, it'll be next to impossible for me to get my hands on this new issue!! :tsk: And also I'm sure there'll be lots of other Q issues with U2 articles this coming year and it's always been a bit of a hit or miss when trying to find Q or any other international magazine (I never did find that Rolling Stone issue with the pic of Bono sitting on a bench playing the guitar in Central Park!) at my usual newsagents in Kuopio. And a year's subscription is surprisingly cheap, at about 60 euros!? :ohmy:

I also intend to finally join up to U2.com just to ensure I'll get tickets for any up and coming tour next year and I might even upgrade my membership here to premium! :wink:

Oh wow, these look absolutely fantastic! :drool: Thanks Sicy so much for posting them!! :bow: This is so exciting!!! :hyper:

I've finally taken the plunge and went and applied for a debit/credit card at my bank so that I can subscribe to Q, coz being stuck out here in the back of beyond, it'll be next to impossible for me to get my hands on this new issue!! :tsk: And also I'm sure there'll be lots of other Q issues with U2 articles this coming year and it's always been a bit of a hit or miss when trying to find Q or any other international magazine (I never did find that Rolling Stone issue with the pic of Bono sitting on a bench playing the guitar in Central Park!) at my usual newsagents in Kuopio. And a year's subscription is surprisingly cheap, at about 60 euros!? :ohmy:

I also intend to finally join up to U2.com just to ensure I'll get tickets for any up and coming tour next year and I might even upgrade my membership here to premium! :wink:

hi, if you're subscribing mainly to get hold of this issue, you might need to check which issue your subscription will start with - I had a look on the Q site a week or so ago and the new subscriptions were already starting with the March issue, so it was already too late for the Feb issue

IS THERE IS ANYONE WHO WANTED TO MAKE SOME $$$$ BY GETTING A FEW EXTRA COPIES TO SELL TO SOME AUSSIE PLEBANS ???????????????????

Seriously, i would love to buy a copy from someone , i do paypal or direct deposit into bank accounts PM ME !

most aussie newsagents will carry a couple of air freighted issues within the next few days . . . asked at borders in macquarie centre sydney today . . . it will be pricey (around $20 - $25 for airfreighted issue as compared to $11 for snail mail delivered around feb / march) and think they only get between 2 - 6 issues per store depending on size so you hafta be quick . . . am already packing my sleeping bag and thermos :D

sicy . . . thanks for posting the piccies . . . too hyper :hyper: to be sensible :wink:

carry on drooling plebes :up:

hi, if you're subscribing mainly to get hold of this issue, you might need to check which issue your subscription will start with - I had a look on the Q site a week or so ago and the new subscriptions were already starting with the March issue, so it was already too late for the Feb issue

Thanks for the heads up, I just checked out the subsription times and you're right! :doh: Í guess I'm gonna have to try and make it into town some time soon and hope I get lucky!! :shrug: Do Q sell back issues anymore, coz I know they used to but I can't find any info on the Q site about whether they still do or not?!? :scratch:

Bono looks evil :evil:

Evil is :drool:

It's the Feb 2009 edition but the issue isn't available yet, Q still has the Kings of Leon cover on its website. I guess it will come out on Dec 31 in the UK. I live in central Europe and we usually get the magazine a couple of days later.

Helen - or anyone - should I try and get one for you, too?

OMG!
Thanks so much, whoever posted those scans!
I almost had a heart attack when I saw the 'Subscribers Only' bit... thanks for clarifying it though everyone!
Ahhh can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom