Poor Larry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruby016

Babyface
Well this is my first time posting here, so wasn't sure where to put this! So if its in the wrong place feel free to tell me so! Also...for some reason I`m having trouble with the videos it seems.

But yes, back to the topic. It seems our Larry has been suffering from what Edge calls "food envy" for many years.

People have probably already seen this before, but Larry explains at the 1 minute mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gJmhsNZGDI

Heartbreaking? Yes, I think so. My friend has the exact same thing. She positions our table and us at lunch time so no one can see her eat.

Does it get more heartbreaking? Why yes. If you notice below, all throughout the interview Larry is munching on something and awkwardly placing his hand in front of his mouth and turning his head away as he chews.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB88nQJrV-k

Poor thing. I figured pleba was the place to post this because only you guys can understand the strange urge to hug the poor man while simultaneously thinking that this new bit of info is incredibly endearing!

Anyways, thought I'd randomly share! And also seeing Larry so awkward and teenager-ishly self-conscious just makes it all the more funny that Bono is stuffing his face with pizza on the other end!

Yep I know the feeling, that your friend has Ruby and what Larry also seems to have...being someone who suffers the same way when eating out.

I suppose people have different reasons for it- Larry's being probably due to the divide at school as he mentions, mine is from the constant bullying I got about my weight which has led to me preferring only to eat in private although I'm fairly average in weight now.

It is hard to get rid of and it can be embarrassing to admit to such a peculiar problem, when as you mention other's, like Bono, have no issue at all.

Fook- I do that too now I think about it. It goes fully automatic for me.Since that is gone now, I'm doing it a lot less tough.
I end to do it when strange people are sitting in front of me.

Back
Top Bottom