Pictures of Bono and his Father

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katiebear

Babyface
I was wondering if bono's father lived in their house on ceaderwood drive right up until he died?

Also, does anyone have pictures of them together?
Thanks

Well, I don't know about his house, but I got these photos:wink:
Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg

Bono_Norman_and_Bob_Hewson.jpg

bono_dad.jpg

85bonoanddad.jpg

bonodad.jpg

bwbonodad.jpg

I think he lived in Howth until he died... At least I think Bono bought him a house in Howth. (But I can't remember where I read it! I'll try to find it...)

Edit: That's what I found online:

Newspapers all over Dublin were covered with the news. Bobby Hewson was dead and the burial had been that Friday, the 24th in Howth. Pictures were on the front page of every newspaper. Bono shouldering his father's casket. His eyes hidden behind purple glasses. But the glasses didn't hide everything. There was grief written everywhere. His father was dead and he missed him. Larry Mullen could be seen over the top of Bono's head as the procession was coming down the church steps. Bobby had always liked Larry and they had both lived in the northern suburb of Howth. Norman Hewson was in the front on the other side. It was a family thing.

http://www.u2literary.com/U2TourDiary/Elevation/Diary12Slane.html

^ That picture always makes me giggle.
His dad is all, "Your mother named you Paul and Paul you shall remain!"
It's cute, too, that they're dressed alike.

Bono really does look like his father. They even have the same eye larger (the left one)... I was'nt a fan ( of u2) at the time of Bob Hewson's passing, but yeah, the Slane concert always makes me a bit-teary-eyed. I can't not admire Bono's strength.

Last edited:
Bono really does look like his father. They even have the same eye larger (the left one)... I was'nt a fan ( of u2) at the time of Bob Hewson's passing, but yeah, the Slane concert always makes me a bit-teary-eyed. I can't not admire Bono's strength.

I saw pics of Bob somewhere (maybe here) when he was a lot younger, I thought it was Bono :cute: The only difference I see is the Nose, Norman seems to have Bob's shaped nose. You can see where Bono got his dimple in his chin :drool:

I remember Walk on at Earls Court the week before, I was in bits.:sad: It made me sad for Bono, and for me, as my step dad died the day after his funeral :sad:

P.s I meant the day after Bob's funeral, not that my step dad died after his :lol:

I lost my father in 1993 but a day doesn't go by I don't think about him. I was deeply saddened when Bono lost his father, and every time I watch the Slane video or hear the audio from that show it chokes me up as does SYCMIOYO. Every time I hear that song I shed a tear and feel sad. I will never forget when Bono walked right by my sister and I standing on the inside of the elipse right at the edge of the walkway at the first Vegas show when he was singing that song and we just lost it. But it is a good memory. (It was followed by my sister confiding that she thought the B-man had a mighty fine ass!!)

As for Bono's father I thought he was in Hospice before he died. Wasn't Bono flying back after every show to spend all the time he could with his father near the end? I thought Bono also had done something in a fund raising effort for the Hospice as well.

Thank you for the beautiful pictures of father and son. I have also lost a dad. I understand the emptiness, which is left in your heart. Something will always be missing from your life.

Sometimes you can´t maked on your own is my song with my best friend she says that this song say everything that she wanted to tell me.....and then became our song because of this song we pasted to undertand a lot about each other

Back
Top Bottom