Pic Request. Bono and his piercing (sideshots).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought I read a long time ago that their piercings were not professionally done, as in they did them either on their own or to each other, so that's why they aren't in traditional spot.

I love that Edge has his so high up. It just adds to his uniqueness that I adore about him :love:

Yeah I read that too. I think it was in U2 by U2. :)

Terrifying idea though!

Icing each other's ear then shoving a pin through it.....like at the U2 slumber party.....

Suddenly the song 'Sandra Dee' pops into my head.

That's what I thought of, too; like girls at a slumber party. Maybe there was drink involved and that's why Edge's piercing is in a strange place and Bono had multiple holes. :lol: :wink:

Wow, I'm gone for two days; and look what I missed!

BonofrenchQA10-201111.jpg

Wonder how he answered this one? :ohmy:

:ohmy:

Where's that from? New picture? Who's that baby and why is he/she cropped out?

Anyway: :cute:

And for Bono's ear piercings: I'm pretty sure I've read that he either did the holes himself or had it done by someone who is clearly NOT a professional. I don't remember if it was a band mate or a friend. Sometimes men do this with hot needles. I think their ears are much less sensitive than female ears. I love Bono's piercings and I have a certain thing for men with pierced ears. However, I hate my own ear piercings and I wish I could make them disappear. My parents kind of forced me to have my ears pierced and it hurt like hell. I've always hated having rings and other stuff in my ear and I haven't worn anything for many many years.

But in Bono's case it's :drool:

I doubt they are. You know that mens' nipples only have one reason of existence. Other than womens' nipples they are more or less useless. :wink:

Oh, you can milk just about anything with nipples.
I have nipples, Greg, could you milk me?

I could see Pop Bono doing it. Mid 90's - the height of body piercing....Can you imagine those tight t-shirts with the hint of a ring underneath? You'd forget about the silly bubble pants.

Bono? Can you give me just one kiss like this before I go to sleep tonight? :cute:

I thought I read a long time ago that their piercings were not professionally done, as in they did them either on their own or to each other, so that's why they aren't in traditional spot.
Really? I would never do something like this to myself. I hate pain and blood :D I'm happy that my ears were pierced by a doctor when I was really little child.

Where's that from? New picture? Who's that baby and why is he/she cropped out?

Anyway: :cute:

But in Bono's case it's :drool:

It's not new. I'm trying to remember where I got it now but I can't at the moment. :hmm: Pretty sure it was during the tour. I'll try to see if I can find more info.

Okay. I'm pretty sure it was taken at Michael W. Smith's house on July 3, 2011 in Nashville. Can't remember if the baby is Michael's though.

It's not new. I'm trying to remember where I got it now but I can't at the moment. :hmm: Pretty sure it was during the tour. I'll try to see if I can find more info.

I know I found it on Flickr and cropped the baby out. I probably posted it in PGP a million years ago.

Thanks bonocomet :) I remember seeing a couple of pictures from that event with Bono and Edge having dinner at M. W. Smith's house (I think he or a family member posted the pictures on twitter), but I hadn't seen the one with the baby before. Always lovely to see Bono without his glasses.

Back
Top Bottom