pic req: Hansa Studios Berlin 1990.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aski

Acrobat
hi!

i'm looking for some specific pictures from Hansa Studios, when U2 recorded Achtung Baby; two different pictures of Larry playing the drums. Both are featured in the limited edition of the album (the gatefold sleeve).

one of the pictures also features Bono w guitar and Adam w bass (and Larry in white singlet). All three are looking at Anton (the photographer).

the other picture is of Larry only, face down playing, wearing a squared flanell shirt.

anyone who can help me out?

thanks!

Ok PB is still down so I'm using Image shack, let me try this, not sure if I'm using the right code

abgatefold1zt7.jpg

1991-Hansa_Studios-1.jpg

Edge is playing his Gibson 330TD. It's the one he played "One" on during the Zoo tours and "Holy Joe" at the K-Mart Popmart tour launch.

Adam is playing a Gibson RD bass. Interesting bass. (Edge has an RD Artist 6-string guitar that looks similar, I saw it in one of the Olympic pictures.)

The drum kit looks to be a white marine pearl finish vintage Slingerland kit. (But I've yet to verify that)

I think that Bono is playing either the 1959 Gretsch Country Club (Cadillac Green), although from the angle of the pic and it being black and white, I an not 100% certain. (It is possible that it is the 1958 Gretsch Chet Atkins)

Sorry they are a bit grainy, I just scanned it from my cd this morning, but if I find them in better quality I'll post them :)

Back
Top Bottom