ok...ok...i get it...now drop the eyeliner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If he'd go completely emo, that would be okay, or even punk like Billie Jo on American Idiot, that was a hot look. But with his haircut and color, beard, clothes and general appearance, it looks silly. I vote if he goes all emo, keep it, but if eyeliner is the only emo thing about his look, might as well lose it. My personal vote is go all the way emo:drool:

Just because he can, doesn't mean he should. :shh:

bonobaldyyell.jpg

:wink:

Looks like Phil Collins watching U23D.

I'm not liking the eyeliner at all. I get it, but no. Bono, no. He looks so HOT in the GOYB video, no eyeliner. Its unnecessary! I get the performance thing. But, I think it looks like he's trying too hard. And Bono, baby, you don't need to try hard!!! Just be your sex rock god self and you'll rock our world. :drool:

It is not uncommon for performers, regardless of sex, to wear makeup. When they are on stage. The lights "bleach out" lighter complexions. Same for photo shoots.

It is not uncommon for performers, regardless of sex, to wear makeup. When they are on stage. The lights "bleach out" lighter complexions. Same for photo shoots.

That's true. But it IS uncommon for rockstars in their late 40s to wear eyeliner and eyeshadow. That has nothing to do with lights onstage or on tv or whatever.

:( I just don't approve of eyeliner on guys. At all. I feel massive, massive second-hand embarrassment for him and am not looking forward to trying to defend him for the next 2 or so years he decides to do this.

24bj7gn.jpg

...sorry, guys, I had to.

Please tell me his isn`t going to wear it out all over the place,PLEASE!! I love the man,and he can pull the look off,but it is making me sick to think that he is going to use this as his new 'look'. Please Bono,don`t do it,I don`t want to go to my first U2 concert and see your beautiful blue eyes underlined,you might as well ditch the shades if this is the case...

I was disappointed NOT seing the eyeliner yesterday at the Echos. Hope Bono brings it back. :|

But look at Depeche Mode = Eyeliner.

I was disappointed NOT seing the eyeliner yesterday at the Echos. Hope Bono brings it back. :|

:shrug: This seems pretty irrelevant considering the content of this thread.

After seeing the Q covershoot I assumed the eyeliner would be a one-off and was a little dismayed to see it at the Grammys/Brits so I am glad it doesn't seem to be a permanent stage makeup - it seems something fairly random for a nearly 50 year old to be doing. Maybe Bono feels young and wants to portray that one the outside :wink: I think it is fairly cringe-worthy and think it is an odd look to want to go for now. But I guess each to their own.

sure yer man, whats his name, bandana dude from Rollin Stones. smokes a lot.

erm, well, he looks like he wears liner........:D

and he is old enough to be Bono's grandad! :D:D

anyhow, I dont mind it on Bono. its a new image for the new album. good on him for giving a go. I love how Bono never 'grows up' as many other oldie groups with long hair image, etc, look at Iron Maiden.

:up:

sure yer man, whats his name, bandana dude from Rollin Stones. smokes a lot.

erm, well, he looks like he wears liner........:D

and he is old enough to be Bono's grandad! :D:D

anyhow, I dont mind it on Bono. its a new image for the new album. good on him for giving a go. I love how Bono never 'grows up' as many other oldie groups with long hair image, etc, look at Iron Maiden.

:up:

You are honestly telling me that you do not know Keith Richards' name.

?

Back
Top Bottom