Miscellaneous Picture Mix #38

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not exactly a picture, but I didn't know where else to post it. I found this funny acnedote and thought I'd share it with yous. :D

So lads thought i'd share this funny story with you

A friend of mine was out with her friends having dinner in Dublin a few weeks ago, think it was Chapter 21.

So after ordering food and having a drink or 2 the manager asks the girls would they mind moving as a very important client has called to say that he was on his way and the girls were sitting in his favourite table.
They tell him to piss off so he offers them free drink for the nite if they move so they dually oblige.

So the nite goes on and they have a look to see who got there table, it was Bono and some other guy......so later when Bono pops of to the bog one of the girls went over to the guy sitting with Bono and says " we gave u our table, do you mind getting me Bono's autograph ". The guy looks at her and says sorry for the hassle, I’ll see what I can do.

So the lads leave and no Autograph arrives, the girls ask for the bill and the manager says it was all paid for! The girls say no it's ok we agreed that we get the free drinks but we will pay for the food, the manger says "no it was taken care of by the guy that was with Bono!” ."Who was that guy with Bono they ask?" The manger looked at them, "Do you not know who that was!!!! It was Bruce Springsteen!!!"

Only in Ireland can Bruce Springsteen be asked for Bono's Autograph!!!

Bono AND Bruce Springsteen at the same time? :hyper::hyper::drool: I wish I was that lucky..!
But why the hell do they want a specific table?:hmm:

Well, it may not be Bono demanding to have a specific table but the restaurateur/manager wanting to seat "VIP's" at the restaurants best table. :shrug: Coz as I understand, the girls were seated at Bono's "favorite" table not the he had demanded to sit at that particular table!! :wink:

I wouldn't even have the guts to walk up that table I think. Bono alone is allot to handle. Let alone when the Boss i sitting at the next table :crack: WOW.

Well, it may not be Bono demanding to have a specific table but the restaurateur/manager wanting to seat "VIP's" at the restaurants best table. :shrug: Coz as I understand, the girls were seated at Bono's "favorite" table not the he had demanded to sit at that particular table!! :wink:
Hey.. you're right! Oops.:wink:

@ Domo: I think I would be reaaaaally "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH"-ish when I see both guys in one restaurant.. (not in their presence ofcourse :))

Hey.. you're right! Oops.:wink:

@ Domo: I think I would be reaaaaally "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH"-ish when I see both guys in one restaurant.. (not in their presence ofcourse :))

Yeah :lol: I would walk outside , and go : "OOOMMYYGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!" *people staring* "The hell U looking at? woman! ITS BONO and THE BOSS :angry:

90227l2_bono_b_gr_01-765x1024.jpg

90227l3_bono_b_gr_01.jpg

90227l3_bono_b_gr_02.jpg

Full band shot :D

I had a perfect copy of your reaction at that picture. :giggle:

He reminds me a bit of House

Not exactly a picture, but I didn't know where else to post it. I found this funny acnedote and thought I'd share it with yous. :D

A friend of mine was out with her friends having dinner in Dublin a few weeks ago, think it was Chapter 21.

So after ordering food and having a drink or 2 the manager asks the girls would they mind moving as a very important client has called to say that he was on his way and the girls were sitting in his favourite table.
They tell him to piss off so he offers them free drink for the nite if they move so they dually oblige.

So the nite goes on and they have a look to see who got there table, it was Bono and some other guy......so later when Bono pops of to the bog one of the girls went over to the guy sitting with Bono and says " we gave u our table, do you mind getting me Bono's autograph ". The guy looks at her and says sorry for the hassle, I’ll see what I can do.

So the lads leave and no Autograph arrives, the girls ask for the bill and the manager says it was all paid for! The girls say no it's ok we agreed that we get the free drinks but we will pay for the food, the manger says "no it was taken care of by the guy that was with Bono!” ."Who was that guy with Bono they ask?" The manger looked at them, "Do you not know who that was!!!! It was Bruce Springsteen!!!"

Oh God....I loved this story:lol::lol::lol:
It was pretty funny hahahahah
Thank U for posting here!:wave:

Awwwwwwww! GREAT STORY! Thank you for posting :wave: I love it :lol: I was laughing out loud at the end when I read it was Bruce :lol:

And this:

WOW!!! What a great picture :love: He looks very very fine here :combust::combust::combust:
I never saw this, thank you so much for sharing :hyper::wave:

Awome story :lol: Thanks for sharing!

I can't believe people didn't recognise Bruce :doh:

I think I would just faint if I saw Bono and Bruce at the table next to mine in a restaurant. How nice of Bruce to pay the bill (even if he couldn't get Bono's autograph for the guys).

I didn't know both of them were in Dublin recently.

I don't think this story is recent. If I remember correctly the OP said it took place a few years ago (early 2000 or so).

Any idea when and where this pic was taken? Coz I'm almost sure that the guy behind Bono is part of U2's entourage as he appears in one of the photos of when I met Bono (and Edge) in Copenhagen in 2005! :hmm:

Yes, I have this one in my file from London 2-27-2009, the BBC rooftop event :wave:

That guy is one of their bodyguards I do believe.

He is Adam's bodyguard. I forget what his name is. He is in the background of a few of my pics too.

Back
Top Bottom