Lord Clayton's Castle.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClaytonsKitten

ONE love, blood, life
My mind, heart, and SOUL all belong to my Adam."Yo
If it's about Adam, let's post it here! Pics, songs, videos, interviews, anything and everything centered around Clayton! (And yes, hopes/dreams/wishes for the new music/tour/etc are encouraged!!!)

For me, well of course I have to post my personal favorites to start the thread engine up. :sexywink:

Adam-clayton.jpg

This has got to be one of my all-time favorite pics of him. Ever. Period.

But for those that know the tale...this is where I first remember seeing him. And this is what stole my innocent young heart.
126bmp.png

As much as I could spend hours digging through the Zoo days, including THAT INFAMOUS PHOTO, all the way through Pop, Elevation, Vertigo...

360 just flat out DID it for me. He looked INCREDIBLE every night, and as I posted in a different thread, he can so do it all over again!! :drool::drool:

Adam-Clayton.jpg

adam-clayton_3433737.jpg

for a talk subject, I'd like to offer up the best "Adam songs."

I love A Man and a Woman and I was shocked- shocked- at how bland it was in the only live performance at the Clinton foundation. I love Bono and Edge but what a snooze that song was! Then I went back and had a listen and realized the song owes almost all of its groove to Adam.

I love A Man and a Woman and I was shocked- shocked- at how bland it was in the only live performance at the Clinton foundation. I love Bono and Edge but what a snooze that song was! Then I went back and had a listen and realized the song owes almost all of its groove to Adam.

OH LORD. *swoon*

That song is probably one of the top 10 most overlooked U2 songs!

I remember falling in love with it instantly when Bomb came out and couldn't figure out why, since it wasn't a "rocking" U2 song. And then it dawned on me. Adam's bass is this mysterious force lurking behind not-so-great lyrics and a melody that truthfully, lacked Edge's usual...prowess.

I actually like the lyric in that song, especially the "Little sister" line which I could listen to all day, and the bridge. "Saw her walkin down the street on Rue St Divine. I thought she was the one for me, but she was already mine. Yeah she was already mine"

But yes, they learned very quickly not to attempt that one without the rhythm section. But I wish they had continued to play it with them! That's a seriously hot bass line.

:wave: Hellooo Adam's chat and everything else thread.

Hey just have to say i was at that one and only performance of A Man and a Woman, and though it was cool to see, yeah obviously it was a little lacking. Though it was quite hilarious to see Edge and Bono trying to play along with the computer. :D Anyway, that was after the 360 tour, so it might actually mean they might think about trying it next tour, not the other way around. :hmm: I mean I don't know of course, but since they never actually have played it on either of the last tours... something must have made them decide to give it a try. (Unless it was just a request from Chelsea Clinton so they obliged, but still... it might have sparked some hope for the future from them!)

The playing along with the computer was totally dorktastic. But wait, that's Bono/Edge chat. Other favorite Adam songs?

Also, I want to see the Electric Lady hair.

:applaud:So glad to see this thread up and running!

I'll have to agree with that one! The version from the Clinton Foundation is missing the entire bottom...it's foundation. The rhythm track just isn't enough. Adam's bass gives the song it's character. I'd love for them to play this one live but with the rhythm section.

One of my favorite Adam bass lines is from Love Comes Tumbling. I love the melodic bass line contrasting with that snapping thing he's dubbing over it.

Agreed- I'd love to see them pull that one out on the next tour. I don't get the Atomic Bomb hate over on ETYKIW- I really love a lot of those songs.

Oh yes, that's what I guess I was trying to say. The fact that Edge and Bono pulled that song out after the tour, something they had never attempted before at all, is maybe a good sign, that they haven't forgotten the song!

:applaud:So glad to see this thread up and running!

I'll have to agree with that one! The version from the Clinton Foundation is missing the entire bottom...it's foundation. The rhythm track just isn't enough. Adam's bass gives the song it's character. I'd love for them to play this one live but with the rhythm section.

One of my favorite Adam bass lines is from Love Comes Tumbling. I love the melodic bass line contrasting with that snapping thing he's dubbing over it.

Glad you could join us! :wave:

Adam. Snapping. :giggle: My mind takes that places that it shouldn't. Oh well. That happens FAR too often with him! I'm quite used to it by now. :sexywink:

Agreed- I'd love to see them pull that one out on the next tour. I don't get the Atomic Bomb hate over on ETYKIW- I really love a lot of those songs.

I dont get the hate for Bomb or NLOTH over there, truthfully. Yes, those albums didn't have the 'punch' that some of the AB or Pop stuff did, but the band isn't a bunch of soon-to-be 30-somethings anymore. The albums were still good overall. Yes, both albums had songs I didn't care for, but that happens at least once or so every album. AB is about the only album that I love every single track on.

I remember once, back when Bomb was new(er), I made a playlist of all these "favorite" U2 songs. And Mr CK looked it over and went, "you're such an Adam girl". Because every song had a strong bassline behind it. Subconsciously, I'd been drawn to him even without realizing it. :lol:

I should dig the cds out...Lil'CK was just pawing through them the other day.

:drool: Spam away. Good lord.

Finding THAT on my thread first thing in the am? :love:

And the SNOGGING. :faint: I love those two. B's about the only one I'd share Ad' with willingly. Well, Lar' too but I'd have to join them or something. :shifty:

Gah, I don't even know where to START with all these goodies! THE GRINNING. The water bottle. THE OPEN SHIRT. *fans self* Now I remember why 360 was soooooo yummy.

Oh, and I went and found the playlist cd. For those inquiring minds, the playlist is as follows:

The Fly
I Still Haven't Found
Bass Trap
Mysterious Ways
Streets
Love & Peace
Babyface
Stay (Faraway, So Close)
New Year's Day
Endless Deep
Bullet The Blue Sky
In God's Country
Lady With The Spinning Head
Do You Feel Loved
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
Desire
Zooropa
Discotheque
Exit

Keep in mind that was made back in 2005, so Bomb was new(er) and NLOTH didnt exist lol. If I could revise it, I'd totally add Magnificent to the list, and probably the CT remix for sure! :rockon:

:drool: Spam away. Good lord.

Finding THAT on my thread first thing in the am? :love:

And the SNOGGING. :faint: I love those two. B's about the only one I'd share Ad' with willingly. Well, Lar' too but I'd have to join them or something. :shifty:

Gah, I don't even know where to START with all these goodies! THE GRINNING. The water bottle. THE OPEN SHIRT. *fans self* Now I remember why 360 was soooooo yummy.

And those are just my pics from the last few shows. :evil:

:lol:

Glad you enjoyed them. I'm planning my evil plot on the Edge and Larry threads next. You lucked out though as Adam was definitely the star of me and my daughters cameras last tour!

:lol: I'm sure the Edge and Larry girls will be happy to let you divulge in your evil plots. I'll just sit here and plan out a way to properly thank Adam for showing off so much. I'll be in my bunk if I'm needed.

Oh, and when the Bono thread is up, I've got pics from when I met him to post! :D

I was always partial to the "I could never take a chance of losing love to find romance" line.

And on the subject of Adam basslines that make me quiver, a favorite of mine was always "Do You Feel Loved". For oh so many reasons. :drool:

I crank the bass to 11 on DYFL when i'm alone in the car. This replicates the effect of a powerful "marital aid". Thank you, Lord Clayton. :sexywink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom